• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fundraising Ideas

Opal

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Daisy Easter Egg
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Pavé
Matryoshka Doll
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Green Christmas Stocking
Summer Shell
Cake
Hello!

I am raising money for a charity called Meningitis Research Foundation, and I was wondering if anyone has any good fundraising ideas? I want to do something that's easy and different (so not bake sale or something like that). Also, does anyone know any good ways I can organise an event online to fundraise or something?

Please comment your ideas below, this thread might help others who are also trying to fundraise :D Also, if anyone would like to donate to this charity, please message me :lemon:

If you have a skill - in art maybe? You could make something to sell, even if you don't - it's easy to find simple and charming things online that you could make! It's not too different, but it always seems to go down pretty well.

When I was in high school, we would raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project and this kid would do 50/50 raffles at the local bowling alley and raised multiple thousands of dollars.

As rbell mentioned, lucky dips and raffles are really good ideas.
If it’s hot in your place, maybe go around and sell icy poles or ice creams. You can buy them or make them. It’d be good for both the younger ones and the elders. If it’s not very hot, maybe sell chocolates. I remember that last year, my friends and I made some very nice and appealing rainbow cake sundaes. We sold WAYYY more than expected and we were stashed with money that we decided to donate to the Cancer Council.
I think that you should try a variety of things that can attract more people. Ice creams, chocolates, cookies, or whatever would do. If you don’t want to make or buy food then you could try making cute stuff (depends on what you like doing).

At university, in order to raise money for theatrical shows and stuff like that, we would just rent out a venue and hold a fundraiser - it's easier than you think and certain bars do good deals for students - everyone would perform something, it didn't;t matter what, but it was more like a social and each ticket would cost like 3-5 pounds - always got us a couple of hundred!
Getting friends who are artists to sell a piece of art sounds like a good idea-just have to find the online community willing to support the charity :)

The youth group I'm in sells candy bars, and just in 2 weeks we've made about $200 and we'll prob get another $200 by the end of next week.

We used to do a lot of fundraisers and stuff, depending on how big of an event you can plan and how many people you want to participate there are different events you can do.

We had a jog-a-thon in school, basically you just need a field and everyone participating can get donations either per lap or just base donations, then you tally off how many laps everyone does and get the donations after it's over, top 3 people can get prizes, that way there's something to strive for to encourage participants.

For a smaller group of participants you could do something like an "awake-a-thon" where it's basically a sleep over without sleeping. Again people can donate per hour you stay up. It's really fun because you can eat lots of sugary snacks and play games and watch movies to try to stay up as long as possible!

Some companies will offer discounts on their items if you buy them with the purpose of donating the profits to charity. Krispy Kreme is an example. In Canada, they will sell you a box of a dozen for approximately $5 and recommend you sell them for $10-12. They do ask that you buy a certain minimum quantity and there is a lengthy procedure for buying them. In their case, you have to send them a letter on the non-profit organization's letterhead, signed by an executive of that organization and stating what you'd use the funds for. But from my understanding, it's not too difficult to do so. Donuts are always popular and you can set up a stand in front of subway stations/shops and make a lot of money.

Alternatively, you could buy sweets in bulk and package them into "candy grams". You can sell them for a particular amount (our school usually does $2-3) and let the sender write a message with the candy. The candy is then delivered to whoever the sender wants. It's pretty fun to do, especially around holidays. Singing grams around Valentine's Day are also fun, just make sure to have a few songs for people to choose from to make it easier for yourself.

Back