• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Silver axe: urban legend?

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a silver axe on the island? Because I never have in the entire nearly 2 years I've been playing. Must be an elusive item...

Right now I wish there was an easy way to stock up axe(s) and or saplings but Leif doesn't always have an axe for sale and the regular ones are pretty bad since they break easily.

T_T

Don't get me wrong, I love starting over because it's so refreshing to work on my town but I also wish I had an axe. :p

They are available, but they are extremely rare. I've only seen it once on my island.

Yeah, I have actually found a Silver Axe once, but it was when I was kind of nooby so I didn't even know what it was for or anything.

Honestly though, silver axes aren't very good, they do last longer than normal axes, but most people use them to get stump patterns, as it's more common to get patterns with silver axes.

I would suggest you go to the Re-Tail board and buy a golden axe! I bought an entire golden tool set at Nicole's Knick Knack department for 3tbt, but you could also just buy a golden axe for a few tbt and be able to infinitely chop down trees, unless you're going for patterned stumps.

Last edited:
I've personally seen it like 10 times in the time span of 3-4 years of playing.

What's extremely rare on the other hand. Is a orange wet suit. I've only seen once.

I have several times. They're pretty rare, though not as rare as treasure chests (which you can just buy from Pascal's van in the campsite, by the way). If I were you, I'd save up a ton of medals and island hop until you find one so you can buy a ton and not have to worry about them for a long time.

Thinking about it, I've never seen one for sale either. I have one, but that was given to me by a kind forum member back when I started and couldn't find an axe at Nooklings.

I have only used it a couple of times to make cool stumps. ;)

I've only seen them once. I ground out medals and bought two. If memory serves, they were relatively cheap, 15 medals? I don't remember which town they're stashed in so, now, I'll have to do a search.

I've seen an axe once on my island but that was a long time.

You can always buy an axe from someone on here if you need one unless you are doing what I'm doing and not buying anything from anyone.

I only saw a silver axe for sale on my island once, and then I bought like 10 of them. My island is covered in pretty stump patterns now. lol They do eventually break though so the gold axe is still better.

I've been able to buy them more than one time. Think it was about 15 times.
If you island hop you'll come across them more. When I do find the silver axe I bought 10 to 20.

To make the silver axes last longer it's 2 chops with the gold or regular axe and than one chop with the silver.

A coincidence doubled up. Less than 2 hours after my first post, I walked my Mayor to town hall to see if the Classic Police Station was on the list of PWPs. Nope. On the way to the dock to make an island trip to amass some bells, I was pinged by Bob, who suggested the Classic Police Station. Talk about timing. Cap'n took him to the island and right inside the door, on
the end of the table, was a Silver axe. After a quick trip to snag a handful of butterflies for Tortimer, the axe was in his basket. I was way off with my earlier cost, as it is only 8 medals. Busy day.

i've never seen one, but they're there!! my friend saw them and bought a bunch and gave me a couple :V

A coincidence doubled up. Less than 2 hours after my first post, I walked my Mayor to town hall to see if the Classic Police Station was on the list of PWPs. Nope. On the way to the dock to make an island trip to amass some bells, I was pinged by Bob, who suggested the Classic Police Station. Talk about timing. Cap'n took him to the island and right inside the door, on
the end of the table, was a Silver axe. After a quick trip to snag a handful of butterflies for Tortimer, the axe was in his basket. I was way off with my earlier cost, as it is only 8 medals. Busy day.

Oh wow, I didn't expect it to be only 8 medals since a lot of the stuff on the island is super expensive. I almost never get to buy the furniture because of this. Time to go island hopping I guess!

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a silver axe on the island? Because I never have in the entire nearly 2 years I've been playing. Must be an elusive item...

Right now I wish there was an easy way to stock up axe(s) and or saplings but Leif doesn't always have an axe for sale and the regular ones are pretty bad since they break easily.

T_T

Don't get me wrong, I love starting over because it's so refreshing to work on my town but I also wish I had an axe. :p

I've seen it 4 times. Twice in the past fortnight.

I have over 60 of them now.

f5na6L5.jpg

7OTtlK3.jpg

M2Kc1T0.jpg

Sometimes I island hop while doing other things. The silver axe is rare, but if you have the time and patience, you can find it. Some days its more common than others. Don't keep searching if you can't find it after 20 or so visits on the same day. I once found the silver axe twice while island hopping on the same hour.

Last edited:
I've seen it twice in 4 years of playing. Granted I don't go often anymore. Though, the sanshin I've seen only once.

I've seen it twice in 4 years of playing. Granted I don't go often anymore. Though, the sanshin I've seen only once.

Oh, the sanshin! Lol actually looking for that too but I've never seen it and my friend saw it once on her island but was only able to get one and no spares.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks, guys!! It's good to know that people have at least seen it. It must just be luck, since some people have seen it a bunch of times. I guess I'll keep trying :p

I would rather not buy anything from anyone because I like the satisfaction of earning things but if I get too impatient I might lol

Back