Ever Accidentally Visited the Wrong Town? :/

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Ok, so the other day, I was doing a trade with someone on the retail forum, and they said that their gates were open for me to come and drop off the items. So. . .I go to the train station and see that there is one town open. I didn't recognize the name of the town, but I had just assumed that it was the town of the person I was talking to (I guess I had thought that since it was the only town on the list, it had to be it). I also thought it seemed a bit strange that it was showing that there was already another guest in the town, but I proceeded anyways.

SO, I show up to the town, and first thing, the person asks me why I am there. They then ask me if I am there to adopt one of their villagers. I tell them no, and explain that I thought that I was in the town of the person I had been talking to. They just respond by telling me that they have no idea what I am talking about. . .

I ended up just awkwardly training myself out. It was SO embarassing!

Has this happened to any of you guys?

No this has never happened to me. I always ask the name of the town just in case. But I think it is a funny story, and you don`t have to be embarased

Never happened to me too. I always check their thread, profiles or signatures before I going to other towns :)

It never happened to me, but one time someone visited my town by mistake, lmao.

Never happened to me too. I always check their thread, profiles or signatures before I going to other towns :)

Yeah, I had just assumed, because it was the only town on the list. It turned out that they had forgotten to add me.

I guess if anything, I've learned to not assume things. :)

I've never actually done that, mainly because I'll usually delete my friends or check their signature/about me page. Usually, their town name will be listed there. I usually only ask the town name to be polite and pretend I didn't know already lol.

A couple times, more often than not it's someone ending up at my town. my worst experience was with a pretty popular member here, they wouldn't leave and kept fthis and fthat.
Dude. I had a little kid in my town for pick up!

It's happened to me once lol. Only because the person I was supposed to visit was taking awhile, and there was another town on the list whose name I didn't recognize so I assumed it was them... even though their name and town was in the signature

So I went in, and the mayor was just standing there and I was like "hi are you (name)" and she didn't respond. I stood there for a good few seconds and left lmao.. Guess she was afk

Luckily, this never happened to me before. I always check twice the town name and player name
before I go to the train. But I guess it would be really embarrassing for me if I would accidentally
visit a wrong town, lol.

Nope never happened to me. But I admit I laughed at your story there. That's terrible I know. XD

And no one randomly visits me because my gates stay closed unless I'm expecting a visitor so no random people just pop up in my town.

It has happened to me more than once, and I remember the last time vividly, because it was a few days ago. Thankfully, no one seems to be surprised or offended. In fact, most people seem amused and I am only slightly dismayed because everyone makes mistakes sometimes, right?

It has only happen to me once! And someone actually came to my town by accident as well XD They said sorry and I told them I understood and it was no bother.
What was really awkward with my experience is that when I went there, no one said anything. I don't know if they were just busy and hadn't notice the wrong person come in, or did and was staying silent so I quickly apologised and left X<

Hasn't had happened to me. However, to be honest, I don't keep FC's once done unless we are really chill with playing together regularly (in which id know it was their town) so there's really no chance of me entering someone's town like that.

I have, more than once lol. Kinda awkward lol but everyone on here is so understanding that it usually isn't a big deal. I try not to keep too many FC's that I don't intend to visit again.

I've never done that, but I'm always worried I'll do that some day. I try to look at the person's profile/signature to make sure it's the right town. But a part of me knows I'm going to forget one of these times... ._.' (probably should clear out my friend list at some point)

Back