• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Where can I buy a Amiibo NFC Reader? (in Canada)

AkaneQ

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Tasty Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Hello forum friends!

I have a few amiibo cards, but I realized I can't use them unless if I get a 3ds amiibo NFC reader. :( yes, stupid me for not finding that out sooner.

So I have been searching for days and days on the internet and local stores for one. Unfortunately, I didn't find any.
(I did saw a few around Kijiji, but I had terrible exprience with kijiji so did not want to purchase anything on that.)

Does anyone know if there may be a place where I can get a new amiibo NFC reader somewhere on internet or local stores?
I live in Canada, Toronto area.

Also, if I could not find any, I was considering about purchasing a 2DS XL. Is it worth it?

T_T thank you super very much!

As for the New 2DS XL, yes it's worth it if it's cheap where you live (I got a "used" one for very cheap, I guess they cut the price with a lot since the package missed everything except the console and charger lol but the console itself has no problems.. other than it collects a lot of dust since the screen edges but eh just wipe it off gently).

As for readers, I've only seen them in HHD bundles here, but try maybe Amazon, eBay or such if you can, or if you have any local game/electronics stores they can maybe order/take it in for you.

Also it should be region free, so maybe if Japan or such have them cheaper it might be an option!

Last edited:
As for the New 2DS XL, yes it's worth it if it's cheap where you live (I got a "used" one for very cheap, I guess they cut the price with a lot since the package missed everything except the console and charger lol but the console itself has no problems.. other than it collects a lot of dust since the screen edges but eh just wipe it off gently).

As for readers, I've only seen them in HHD bundles here, but try maybe Amazon, eBay or such if you can, or if you have any local game/electronics stores they can maybe order/take it in for you.

Also it should be region free, so maybe if Japan or such have them cheaper it might be an option!

Thank you so much for replying me!

I have went through everywhere I can, amazon, ebay etc, toy r us, all kinds of place, none was found.
I think I will go with ur advise of cheking in to the Japan region, and if that's too high a price, I'll go find myself a 2DS XL.

Thank you again!! :D

I remember getting mine on Best Buy, but then again, that was when it launched.

Thank you so much for replying me!

I have went through everywhere I can, amazon, ebay etc, toy r us, all kinds of place, none was found.
I think I will go with ur advise of cheking in to the Japan region, and if that's too high a price, I'll go find myself a 2DS XL.

Thank you again!! :D

Yeah, since they are region free you can get them from wherever basically (just watch out for cheap Chinese copies) and make sure it's a decent store/online stores.

Good luck!

Back