• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did you have a lot of friends in school?

i love to sin

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
it just crossed my mind that I didn't have too many friends in school lol, I didn't get along with my peers very well. I enjoyed my solitude except when I was occasionally lonely. I had like one friend that I hung out with consistently. ppl say "high school are the best years of your life" but in all honesty I can't relate!
I didn't have a good time in hs. I didn't go to prom or homecoming, I sat in the art room during lunch lol
what about you?

There were times I felt as though I didn?t really ?belong?, but I made it through by always having a best friend by my side. Even when I was the odd one out most people respected me, and I had a small pack of friends to roam around with.

It?s strange to think back on it years later and realize that most of the boys were slightly intimidated and the less friendly girls just jealous of the attention I was getting for being half American (I went to school in Germany and was the only kid already able to speak English fluently)

i have some friends but they're spread out amoung groups which is dumb when you think about it

i have some friends but they're spread out amoung groups which is dumb when you think about it

I had that to a degree as well growing up! It’s one of the reasons I never had any real birthday parties, because it seemed odd and almost stressful to have them all come together (they didn’t have that much in common and were each slightly possessive of me as “their best friend”)

i have friends in school, but also really cherish time by myself too (?) like, i'm not really isolated, but i don't make much of an effort to put myself out there and create new friendships bc that's not really something i like doing

There were times I felt as though I didn’t really “belong”, but I made it through by always having a best friend by my side. Even when I was the odd one out most people respected me, and I had a small pack of friends to roam around with.

It’s strange to think back on it years later and realize that most of the boys were slightly intimidated and the less friendly girls just jealous of the attention I was getting for being half American (I went to school in Germany and was the only kid already able to speak English fluently)

interesting, and why were you at a German school?

High school was definitely NOT the best years of my life.
I had friends but not really... I wasn't able to fully be myself back then, so I don't feel like I knew myself very well. It was hard to connect with people. People liked me, but I mostly just kept to myself.
College was a million times better.

When I was younger, I used to have a whole group of friends, but when I went to senior school we were all split up and found new friends... in year 8, my best friend just started ignoring me, and I haven't really been able to have a good relationship for years. At college/university everyone is new new and friendship groups haven't been made yet, so hopefully I can fit in somewhere ;;;;;

no, i had very few friends (like 0) in 3rd to 5th grade, then i had a small group of friends and now in my current school i have a whole zero friends again

Last edited:
no, i had like one or two maybe in each school other were basically classmates

In both my high school and college years I had a very small group of friends that I stuck with throughout. I later realized I didn't have anything in common with most of my high school friends, so even though a lot of them moved to the same city as me for college, I never saw them again. I was really close to this one girl and guy that lived near me.. a lot of my high school years consisted of me sneaking out the house to hang out with them, fun times. In college I had 2 really good friends and the rest were like colleagues I guess. I regret not socializing for friendship as much as I did socializing for work.

I did but 12 years later I'm not really in contact with any of them!All my current friends were made outside of school.

I had a lot of friendly acquaintances and quite a big 'core group' of friends by the end of secondary school. Still in touch with a number of them eight years on too although we're pretty scattered now. I put up with years of bullying and loneliness to get to that stage though. Once people hit around 16/17 everyone kind of mellowed and the people who didn't want to be in school had left.

I had a couple in MS and HS, but that's about it!

honestly i've had better friendships in my last year or so of school than i have for most of my life
i have a small group of close friends, four of us in total who are my 'best friends' and two other friends who go out with us outside of school n stuff, but it's kind of like the merging of two separate friendship groups? there's this one girl who i'd say is a close friend who hangs out with us every once in a while but she doesn't really stick around, though we talk all the time.
outside of this i always have friends that i'm not close to who i can talk to in lessons.
i think part of this is down to me becoming more socially confident and extroverted recently and it's nice to have best friends who i can consistently talk to and go out with, something i never really had when i was younger, and also friends that i can talk to in all of my subjects.

I didn't feel like I "belong" with anyone until I reached High School. High School was a lot of fun for me.

no, i have many acquaintances but i'm in a group of 4 at most. i like it though

Back