Did you have a lot of friends in school?

I've always had small groups of friends but I've never had a true friend that I couldn't rely on, or trust them with my secrets.
That's fine though, I don't care.

i think so! looking back i did have a fair amount during high school, at the time i didn't realize it though. completely disagree with high school being the best years of your life, though. i don't really see how it could be? you're young, naive, unsure of what you want to do with your life, still making mistakes. if anything, college/university would be the best years of your life but even then that doesn't have to be true.

I'm a junior now and I still haven't made a single friend yet. I mean there's this one girl in my class who talks to me occasionally but that's about it. I'm used being alone so I don't mind it

I have a decent amount of friends. I have my best friends, my friends, and then my back up friends (basically that one person you always go to in a class if none of your best friends are there to do partner work or something, but you don't sit together at lunch or hang outside of school).

The only thing I dislike is that my friends have a lot of friends, and whenever we go to school events like a dance or something, I'm always the one to follow them around because I feel like if I'm alone, everyone is staring at me so I go on my phone to make it look like I'm busy.. Lol

but no, I don't have a lot. a good amount

I was part of a small group, but only one girl of them was truly my friend.

no. I isolated myself purposefully in highschool and I regret that now.

i had a squad. is started off as like 7 then grew of like 10 other people. it was good times.

it just crossed my mind that I didn't have too many friends in school lol, I didn't get along with my peers very well. I enjoyed my solitude except when I was occasionally lonely. I had like one friend that I hung out with consistently. ppl say "high school are the best years of your life" but in all honesty I can't relate!
I didn't have a good time in hs. I didn't go to prom or homecoming, I sat in the art room during lunch lol
what about you?
This is pretty much me. I've got one good friend, a couple friendly people, and one super negative "friend". I went to the homecoming dance but it was boring so I didn't stay for long.

i'm still in school. there's a lot of people i know, actually, but i only hold very few people close. only really about 2-3 ppl.
i know and might be considered "friends" w a lot of people because there's people i've known since elementary and middle school that i'll be in school w/ until i graduate. but yea like i said my group of actual friends is much smaller and close friends MUCH smaller.

One guy I've known since first grade I consistently hang out with. Sometimes during my free periods I'd play Triforce Heroes or Smash with two of these guys I've known since eighth grade. They're arseholes at times, but I like them nonetheless. I used to hang out with a girl (who I'll call K). We were really close until we just drifted apart, I guess. It sucks but that's life, I do suppose so.

Last edited:
I only had one close friend in elementary school, and after I moved in 3rd grade I completely lost contact with her.

I can't recall having any friends in 6th or 7th grade.

8th-12th grade, I had about 5-6 close friends, all of which left the school at one time or another.

So by the end of my senior year, I pretty much had no school friends. I was and still am a lonely bean :,)

At the moment yeah, at least for my standard. At the moment I have about 13 is really good for me because I'm anti-social and awkward. In prep (basically 1st grade) I was friends with a tree...

I had a small group of friends and a lot of acquaintances. I really only hung out with two or three people regularly though.

yes. ever since school started this year i've gained a good amount of friends. i wouldn't say i'm popular, but i do have a lot of friends and people who genuinely enjoy my company.

Not really, but it honestly doesn't bother me much? I like the group of friends that I'm associated with right now, and every year, I bond more and more with them. I'm not really involved in school so that's to be expected lmao. But I don't think it's how many friends you have that matters, but rather how deep is your friendship with these people. I prefer my close band of dorks over 20+ people who I only talk to five days a week.

I graduated, but I did not have any friends in school. I was the outcast and the loner.

Back