• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did you have a lot of friends in school?

My whole school career I have alternated between having 0 friends and 1.

I've always had small groups of friends but I've never had a true friend that I couldn't rely on, or trust them with my secrets.
That's fine though, I don't care.

i think so! looking back i did have a fair amount during high school, at the time i didn't realize it though. completely disagree with high school being the best years of your life, though. i don't really see how it could be? you're young, naive, unsure of what you want to do with your life, still making mistakes. if anything, college/university would be the best years of your life but even then that doesn't have to be true.

I'm a junior now and I still haven't made a single friend yet. I mean there's this one girl in my class who talks to me occasionally but that's about it. I'm used being alone so I don't mind it

I have a decent amount of friends. I have my best friends, my friends, and then my back up friends (basically that one person you always go to in a class if none of your best friends are there to do partner work or something, but you don't sit together at lunch or hang outside of school).

The only thing I dislike is that my friends have a lot of friends, and whenever we go to school events like a dance or something, I'm always the one to follow them around because I feel like if I'm alone, everyone is staring at me so I go on my phone to make it look like I'm busy.. Lol

but no, I don't have a lot. a good amount

I was part of a small group, but only one girl of them was truly my friend.

no. I isolated myself purposefully in highschool and I regret that now.

i had a squad. is started off as like 7 then grew of like 10 other people. it was good times.

it just crossed my mind that I didn't have too many friends in school lol, I didn't get along with my peers very well. I enjoyed my solitude except when I was occasionally lonely. I had like one friend that I hung out with consistently. ppl say "high school are the best years of your life" but in all honesty I can't relate!
I didn't have a good time in hs. I didn't go to prom or homecoming, I sat in the art room during lunch lol
what about you?
This is pretty much me. I've got one good friend, a couple friendly people, and one super negative "friend". I went to the homecoming dance but it was boring so I didn't stay for long.

i'm still in school. there's a lot of people i know, actually, but i only hold very few people close. only really about 2-3 ppl.
i know and might be considered "friends" w a lot of people because there's people i've known since elementary and middle school that i'll be in school w/ until i graduate. but yea like i said my group of actual friends is much smaller and close friends MUCH smaller.

One guy I've known since first grade I consistently hang out with. Sometimes during my free periods I'd play Triforce Heroes or Smash with two of these guys I've known since eighth grade. They're arseholes at times, but I like them nonetheless. I used to hang out with a girl (who I'll call K). We were really close until we just drifted apart, I guess. It sucks but that's life, I do suppose so.

Last edited:
I only had one close friend in elementary school, and after I moved in 3rd grade I completely lost contact with her.

I can't recall having any friends in 6th or 7th grade.

8th-12th grade, I had about 5-6 close friends, all of which left the school at one time or another.

So by the end of my senior year, I pretty much had no school friends. I was and still am a lonely bean :,)

At the moment yeah, at least for my standard. At the moment I have about 13 is really good for me because I'm anti-social and awkward. In prep (basically 1st grade) I was friends with a tree...

I had a small group of friends and a lot of acquaintances. I really only hung out with two or three people regularly though.

yes. ever since school started this year i've gained a good amount of friends. i wouldn't say i'm popular, but i do have a lot of friends and people who genuinely enjoy my company.

Not really, but it honestly doesn't bother me much? I like the group of friends that I'm associated with right now, and every year, I bond more and more with them. I'm not really involved in school so that's to be expected lmao. But I don't think it's how many friends you have that matters, but rather how deep is your friendship with these people. I prefer my close band of dorks over 20+ people who I only talk to five days a week.

I graduated, but I did not have any friends in school. I was the outcast and the loner.

Back