• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon motion controlled or no?

I think the best way to play this game is to use both analogue stick and motion controls! And I absolutely love motion controls in any game: Captain Toad, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Zelda... I hope Nintendo will continue this trend.

As someone who only ever played shooters on PC before Splatoon, I basically require motion controls to aim properly. I tried playing without them once at it did not end well.

I’ve been using motion control on handheld/joycons since I got the switch. I can’t play without it. It just feels too weird, especially since I main gootuber and I rely on motion control for flicks. But I recently got a pro controller and I’ve been having sooo much trouble getting used to the motion controls on it. I’ll get used to it.. but I feel like a noob when I use pro controllers at the moment lol

Nope. It's too late for me to use them now. I can't ge used to it now however I'm getting some joycons so i'm gonna start using it now.

When I rented Splatoon 2 for a few days, I played without motion controls. I tried playing with it, but because I can never completely focus on what I'm doing I found that I would randomly move my body in ways that made playing with motion controls pretty difficult. I played without them just fine so that's how I would do it every time I play.

Hard pass on motion controls. Never feels accurate enough.

This is probably the only game that I feel I'm much more comfortable using the motion controls, though mostly for vertical aiming, so I use that in combination with the R stick for horizontal aiming. As for the other shooters (Resident Evil, Doom), I prefer the traditional R stick for camera and aiming.

i mainly use a wired controller to play on my switch so i haven used motion control in a while unless i play table top mode. i find i prefer controlling the camera manually as i find it easier to focus that way, motion control makes me lose focus a little too easily haha

Back