Splatoon motion controlled or no?

I think the best way to play this game is to use both analogue stick and motion controls! And I absolutely love motion controls in any game: Captain Toad, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Zelda... I hope Nintendo will continue this trend.

As someone who only ever played shooters on PC before Splatoon, I basically require motion controls to aim properly. I tried playing without them once at it did not end well.

I’ve been using motion control on handheld/joycons since I got the switch. I can’t play without it. It just feels too weird, especially since I main gootuber and I rely on motion control for flicks. But I recently got a pro controller and I’ve been having sooo much trouble getting used to the motion controls on it. I’ll get used to it.. but I feel like a noob when I use pro controllers at the moment lol

Nope. It's too late for me to use them now. I can't ge used to it now however I'm getting some joycons so i'm gonna start using it now.

When I rented Splatoon 2 for a few days, I played without motion controls. I tried playing with it, but because I can never completely focus on what I'm doing I found that I would randomly move my body in ways that made playing with motion controls pretty difficult. I played without them just fine so that's how I would do it every time I play.

Hard pass on motion controls. Never feels accurate enough.

This is probably the only game that I feel I'm much more comfortable using the motion controls, though mostly for vertical aiming, so I use that in combination with the R stick for horizontal aiming. As for the other shooters (Resident Evil, Doom), I prefer the traditional R stick for camera and aiming.

i mainly use a wired controller to play on my switch so i haven used motion control in a while unless i play table top mode. i find i prefer controlling the camera manually as i find it easier to focus that way, motion control makes me lose focus a little too easily haha

Back