• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon motion controlled or no?

50m4ra

Aaaaaaaaaaaaayiaaaaaaaaah
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Jack
As a PC player for all other shooters... Personally I cannot LIVE without motion control it makes it so much easier to aim compared to the set movement of a analogue stick.... Like it makes you feel like you're using a mouse not a controller :)

Motion control all the way on the pro controller! the best way to play any game ^^

I started out not liking it. But I got used to it really quick and now it feels so much smoother.

It's impossible for me to use motion controls, I'm just so unfamiliar with them that they're absolutely terrible when I try using them

I have no idea what motion controls are, but I?d sure want to try it out.
I have a Xbox 360, I play Call of Duty Black Ops II all the time so I?m very used to analog controllers.
Anyways, rip me ;-;

Last edited:
i get really bad motion sickness so unfortunately i can't :c
is anyone else like me?!
i tried to play fallout 4 once and i had to stop because i was so ill from it lmao

Last edited:
I use the motion controls :)

Like you said, it feels like you're using a mouse on a PC and aiming is a lot more accurate :D

Last edited:
I turned off the motion controls almost immediately, and I regret nothing.

Yes, I love motion controls. Although that I play or have played other first/third player shooters that don't use motion controls, I got used to the motion controls pretty easily and cannot do without now. Funny enough I can adjust just fine to other games that don't use motion controls :p

Motion controls, I think I've tried the other way and it's just too confusing.

If you don't use motion controls you are wrong

I'm no competitive player, however, I do have both my good and bad days in Splatoon 2. I use the analog controls. Depending on the skill level of my opponents and my personal performance I can do pretty well in some matches, but others I'll get stomped on.

Though I've found that, personally, it's easier for me to use the analog then the motion so I guess it's all about what works for each individual player. I love this game though...want next Splatfest now please lol.

Didn't use them in the first game, and I was good without them. I was forced to use them at the Nintendo Switch Event in January 2017 before the console was released, the first opportunity I had to play Splatoon 2, and it made the experience no fun whatsoever because I ended up getting absolutely wrecked. Since the game's launch, I've had motion controls firmly switched off again, and I'm nearly always the top player in each game of Turf War. To say I loathe them is an understatement haha, same with motion controls in ARMS.

I've tried both, but motion controls are a-must for me ;v; without them, I really can't just aim properly;

motion controls for sure, i suck without them!

I move and shoot better with the motion on in Splatoon. I know its hard without motion on because my sister has hard time with shooting people sometimes in Fortnite because there is no motion in that game.

Last edited:
Motion controls are smoother, I agree completely. But I just can't play with them without launching my switch into a wall or something. Is it easier to use with a pro controller?

Back