• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Coffee order cheat sheets

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Anyone use them? I am going to admit I do. I mean, I do try to memorize my villagers orders but then they decide to throw in random villagers you've never seen before. Colton and Genji came for coffee. It's like what the hell? Who are you?

But yeah, anyone else use them or do you just try to guess? It does make it too easy to get all the orders right but again, random villagers you've never seen before

Last edited:
It's the hardest part of the game. I don't see how creators thought people would memorize all the characters orders. I don't see them putting this in the next game. D:

AS IF I would ever get an order right without them! (That's a yes.)

I use them, but I'll only remember my favorite villager's order. for Julian, I know he likes Kilimanjaro so every time I get coffee, I ask for that. But if I see one of my villagers and they tell me their favorite blend, I'll order it for that one time but won't remember it lol

I use the Thonky guide. I don't have time to memorize each villagers' coffee orders, let alone the randoms that turn up as well.

AS IF I would ever get an order right without them! (That's a yes.)

Same here. I actually wrote all the orders out because I can't handle the website I get it from because it messes up my computer sometimes. And yes it took very long.

Yes! I've got enough real life stuff I need to remember (and often don't) without trying to memorize a bunch of in-game coffee preferences.

Same here. I actually wrote all the orders out because I can't handle the website I get it from because it messes up my computer sometimes. And yes it took very long.

Nice to see you around the forum again, Giddy! :blush:

Yes because I have more than one town. I have the orders in my journal.
With the random ones most of the time they give enough information. If they give the coffee blend and one milk only than it's one sugar. The milk/sugar is the same amount for the villagers.

With several towns, I too use a guide. I use the one in Liquefy's walkthrough faq (on gamefaqs & other sites) as its compact.

The game does give you enough information to work out the orders with a little guessing (& the villager then telling you what was wrong). But you have to write the info down, even with one town I doubt I would remember.

As Stitchmaker says, all the villagers have the same amount of milk & sugar - ie no sugar no milk etc.
& visitors usually give you enough info (but not always).

If you get a villager sitting in the caf? when you go in, if you talk to them they will eventually give you an indication of their coffee order.
Like most I don't want to go to all that bother, I'm after they gyroids mainly, so use a guide.

I think Animal Crossing should only have villagers from your town drinking coffee, so you only have to memorize people in your town. It's just stupid having to memorize 333 villager's coffee. That's not even including Amiibo-exclusive characters and special characters.

It's a shame because I'd like to try to remember their orders for real, but you just can't.

I used a guide to get the items from Brewster and now that I have the items, I just guess on people's orders because you get funny reactions when it is wrong.

I always use a guide to make sure that I get the orders right. I can't remember them all,
especially the ones from villagers who aren't live in my town and from the NPCs.

YES! I wouldn't have to use it if I didn't care of my villager's feelings. I just can't stand to see Muffy sulk!

The only coffee order I know by heart without looking it up is Mac's (Blend with no milk or sugar)

I guess they did attempt to make it what they think is easier by making the milk and sugar the same amount (except for the special characters)

Now I'm wondering how these guides figured out all the villagers and special characters coffee preferences.

I rarely use the guides, but that's only because I usually play away from the computer which is also turned off. So, too much trouble. I have most of my villagers order memorized, though! Also some special characters like Isabelle and Nook and K.K.. The random villagers give us one tip, so in the worst case, the order won't be 100% wrong at least. x)

Now I'm wondering how these guides figured out all the villagers and special characters coffee preferences.

When you make a mistake the character usually says what would be the correct way... so I guess they took notes. :)

Back