• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Help me set price and give me some inputs and critiques :)

otomatoe

need to snack 24/7
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Leif
Spring Shamrock
Heya fellas! I'm going to do doodles and simple drawings for charity next week. This is my first time doing this, never done a commission or such before, so I highly appreciate if you guys can help me to determine how much my drawing worth in RLC and give me some input and critiques to make my drawings better hehe.

The sales will be held in school so the target market are kids, teen, and young adult. Here are some examples;

collage-2017-10-18.jpg

Thanks before! :D

PS: Is the image too large or sth? I post this on my phone so tell me if it's too large, I'll edit it :)

They are so incredibly cute :)
I would pay 10-15$ for one, depending on if it was for a present or on a card.

Typically with commissions, you want to be making at least minimum wage. However, if your target market is kids and teens (students) then lower prices are usually better(but don't undersell yourself! your work is valuable!). How long does each drawing take you?

Your work is incredibly cute. I love your style a lot. ^3^

It's super neat that you're doing this for charity. I love it!

They are so incredibly cute :)
I would pay 10-15$ for one, depending on if it was for a present or on a card.

Thanks a bunch! I'll also make custom drawing and they can choose if they want it to be framed or simply just make it into a card :D again, thanks a lot! ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Typically with commissions, you want to be making at least minimum wage. However, if your target market is kids and teens (students) then lower prices are usually better(but don't undersell yourself! your work is valuable!). How long does each drawing take you?

Your work is incredibly cute. I love your style a lot. ^3^

It's super neat that you're doing this for charity. I love it!

It takes me roughly 10-15 mins for each drawing since the paper is not too big (A6-A5 paper max) and yep you're right, I really need to make an interesting price and deal that can attract students :D this is my first time doing this for charity so I'm afraid I'll mess up xD but surely I'll try my best. Thanks a lot for your inputs! ;)

Sooo cute! Your art style is adorable! As mentioned before, somewhere between $10-$15 seems reasonable.

Thanks a bunch! I'll also make custom drawing and they can choose if they want it to be framed or simply just make it into a card :D again, thanks a lot! ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It takes me roughly 10-15 mins for each drawing since the paper is not too big (A6-A5 paper max) and yep you're right, I really need to make an interesting price and deal that can attract students :D this is my first time doing this for charity so I'm afraid I'll mess up xD but surely I'll try my best. Thanks a lot for your inputs! ;)

Oh cool!!! The reason why I ask that is because kids and teens don't usually have the money to spend on a little card piece that costs 10-15 dollars(which isn't to say you can't do that!). Have a variety of options and prices, and you should be good! :D

I don't think you can mess it up at all. Good luck and have fun! <3

Hi!, I think these are cute, and it is lovely you're doing this for charity.

Pricing art IRL// Physical artwork tends to always be a pain, because a lot of people dont value art the same way like someone who likes to buy art commissions would.
This is a charity event so people are more likely to spend more money than they normally would on something, but it seems you stated your audience is of a younger crowd and most likely not going to have a lot of cash to spend. I would probably place it at 10$ or maybe 8$ roughly.
If it is possible for you to sell art prints then you could lower your price a little bit but still make a profit and not feel like your artwork is undervalued.
Also try offering deals, like 3 pieces for 20$, or maybe buy 3 piece get a free sticker/muffin ( i'm just throwing random things) to attract more people

Last edited:
Hi!, I think these are cute, and it is lovely you're doing this for charity.

Pricing art IRL// Physical artwork tends to always be a pain, because a lot of people dont value art the same way like someone who likes to buy art commissions would.
This is a charity event so people are more likely to spend more money than they normally would on something, but it seems you stated your audience is of a younger crowd and most likely not going to have a lot of cash to spend. I would probably place it at 10$ or maybe 8$ roughly.
If it is possible for you to sell art prints then you could lower your price a little bit but still make a profit and not feel like your artwork is undervalued.
Also try offering deals, like 3 pieces for 20$, or maybe buy 3 piece get a free sticker/muffin ( i'm just throwing random things) to attract more people

Thank you!! Throwing freebies is a great idea! Definitely will likely to attract more people. Thanks thanks :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh cool!!! The reason why I ask that is because kids and teens don't usually have the money to spend on a little card piece that costs 10-15 dollars(which isn't to say you can't do that!). Have a variety of options and prices, and you should be good! :D

I don't think you can mess it up at all. Good luck and have fun! <3

Thanks a lot! <3 Wish me luck :D

Anyway, just done my first commission ever, requested by one of the very sweet member here. Feeling more confident for the charity events :') Thanks to Zaari! :D

They look super cute! If you haven't tried already, looking at your work in the mirror (or inverting/flipping the image if your working digitally) can really help to see the flaws in your work, whether it be if one arm is a little too long or if the face isn't as symmetrical as you would like it to be.

They look super cute! If you haven't tried already, looking at your work in the mirror (or inverting/flipping the image if your working digitally) can really help to see the flaws in your work, whether it be if one arm is a little too long or if the face isn't as symmetrical as you would like it to be.

oooh thank you for the tips! Definitely gonna try it to improve the drawing quality :D

Back