Overrated and underrated TV shows

Stranger Things was decent. I will admit that, but jesus christ it wasn't *that* good.

Came here to say the exact same thing *nod*
In no way was it bad, but it didn’t live up to the hype one bit for me. We started watching it and haven’t even gotten back to the last three episodes since it’s release last year

I like Rick and Morty, I really do. I watched the premiere on Adult Swim back in 2013. I even got a few friends into it. But I do think it is overrated. It is a smart show, but I think people take it way too seriously.

Sym-Bionic Titan is a show that comes to mind when I think of underrated TV shows. I don't think it's like groundbreaking, but I am really disappointed there was only one season.

Overrated: I love Riverdale, but I think it became kinda overrated. all people talk about in my school is Riverdale, and if one person says "I don't watch it/don't like it" everyone snaps their head to them and gives them weird looks which I admit, I do too lol

Underrated: I don't watch tv anymore except for Riverdale and Gotham, I watch Gotham sometimes, but I don't think it's overrated or underrated. So I don't really know for this one.

Overrated: I love Riverdale, but I think it became kinda overrated. all people talk about in my school is Riverdale, and if one person says "I don't watch it/don't like it" everyone snaps their head to them and gives them weird looks which I admit, I do too lol

That actually surprises me. i love Archie comics so I watch Riverdale. I'm 22 so not highschool age, and I never hear anyone talk about it even outside of university. The acting can be flat out awful from the likes of Moose and Polly. Plus sometimes the lines are total ass. I do like it, but I'm surprised it's popular

Last edited:
That actually surprises me. i love Archie comics so I watch Riverdale. I'm 22 so not highschool age. The acting can be flat out awful from the likes of Moose and Polly. Plus the lines sometimes are total ass. I do like it, but I'm surprised it's popular

Yeah. I actually started reading some of the comics and watching other Archie shows so I could understand the characters better, and there are a few things that are happening in the show right now that shouldn't be happening, or at least would never happen for a long time in the comics

I feel like Family Guy is overrated? I don't know, I just don't find it funny, and having a joke that bears no significant part in the story go on for two minutes is just padding time.

Yeah. I actually started reading some of the comics and watching other Archie shows so I could understand the characters better, and there are a few things that are happening in the show right now that shouldn't be happening, or at least would never happen for a long time in the comics

I just really wish Reggie was a bigger character. He is part of the main crew in the comics. In Archie marries Veronica/Betty Kevin shows up at the end and isn't even part of a lot of the main stories otherwise too. I don't get why Kevin is such a huge emphasis and Chuck is a villain, Midge is nowhere to be found, and Kevin essentially replaces Reggie's true role. Minor spoiler -
Reggie becomes the significant other of Betty and Veronica in the version they didn't get with Archie in Archie Marries series
Plus he's part of the Archies for crying out loud! I hope they do more with him in season 2. I agree, it's not really in tangent with most of Archie except the Archie horror series. Those have cursing and sexual implications like in Riverdale.

Last edited:
Overrated: Big Bang Theory

I have a burning dislike for that show
it makes me want to rip my hair out *crowd laughing.mp3 starts playing*

Overrated: Big Bang Theory

I have a burning dislike for that show
it makes me want to rip my hair out *crowd laughing.mp3 starts playing*

Omg same here. They try to make fun of nerd culture by saying random things. Followed by that laughing track.

What they say most of the time isn't even jokes

Last edited:
Omg same here. They try to make fun of nerd culture by saying random things. Followed by that laughing track.

What they say most of the time isn't even jokes

sheldon: death star
penny: omg sheldon, ur such a nerd! *laughing sequence*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Overrated: Rick & Morty

So I pretty much don't like most of the shows that are popular today due to crude humor and overall just disgusting in general. Now someone tell me how in a world where people are offended by anything and everything that an extremely offensive show like this rises to the top... I have tried a few episodes and I was so done after the exploding hobo episode, that was disgusting.

Underrated: Voltron, Star Wars The Clone Wars

Omgggg, I love Star Wars The Clone Wars!
I'm so bummed they're gonna take it off netflix

Back