• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hurricane Ophelia: Ireland

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
A reported 3 people have died so far, buildings have been ruined and the country is in turmoil.

31 people have died in Portugal because of Ophelia, as she has caused many fires.

Post any updates, please.

The winds have been bad so far and our electricity has went out twice for many hours. The odd thing is I've heard and experienced worse winds before and we've never experienced anything like this before.

My condolences to anyone who has lost their loved ones or have seen their homes destroyed.

It’s honestly scary that climate change has gotten to this point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stay safe OP!

Luckily things were not too bad around my neck of the woods, but it was certainly noisy! I think we'll bounce back from this here in Dublin easy enough, but I think the coastal towns and the west will have a harder time with repairs.

I had brought the dog out on a walk early in the morning before the storm hit (6am) since I knew she'd be indoors all day after the storm arrived. It was very strange, I could feel the pressure in my ears, and the air was hot, with cold winds cutting through that heat. Never experienced anything like it. When I got home I was sweating but my head felt like I had just been out in extreme cold. Weird altogether!

It has passed here in Ireland now but it was dreadful,schools are still closed thousands without electricity and will be so for days yet.Cork has taken an awful battering., condolences to the families of the poor lives lost.

When my area was in Orange, the principal still expected us to come in and sent a message to a few teachers that school was open. ~_~

Hope everyone near the coast is okay.

It has passed here in Ireland now but it was dreadful,schools are still closed thousands without electricity and will be so for days yet.Cork has taken an awful battering., condolences to the families of the poor lives lost.

Winds are tamer today and the sun was really bright earlier. Whoohoo

- - - Post Merge - - -

There will be another storm on Saturday for Ireland.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised this happened, you never really hear about Atlantic storms going to Ireland

Back