• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why is pizza so terrible everywhere else? (New York style pizza lover)

I honestly have to say that it's the true pizza like that made in Italy that's the best. Nothing beats the true Italian-style cuisine.

Personally as someone who's tried NY pizza before, it's like... average. I don't get why folks are so high and mighty over it.

I mean, NY style pizza is pretty good, but chicago style pizza...
man deep dish pizza is heaven on a plate, and I'm lucky enough that I'm close to a really good pizza restaurant in my suburb that's close enough to Chicago to be classified as authentic Chicago-style pizza without actually being in the city (or super close to it for that matter) that has some of the best pizza I've ever ate in my life
Basically, eat deep dish and have some of the best pizza you've ever had, had many deep-dish pizzas and not a bad one yet

Last edited:
Hmm I never tasted the Pizza in NY but from seeing others' posts looks like it's delicious.

Perhaps they use different ingredients such as Grease and Type of Dough used.

Little Ceasers is the only real pizza that's actually good! I do like other kinds of pizza depending on what restaruant it came from.

Well chain pizza will never be as good, we actually have some good small town pizza places here, like obviously it's not "amazing" but they are pretty dang good. I think the best pizza place was one we had in my old town, they had such amazing pizzas and it was actually a nice restaurant with paintings and nice tables and stuff, and it was the go to place for like parties and stuff.

Back