• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm doing things in this town then I've never really done before

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
In my previous towns, I've never bothered with the QR machine, except getting a random path off Google Images to throw in my town. In Ossipri I have about 15 QRs saved with Mable. One for every season and some back ups! You can save patterns with Mable by talking to her and selecting "Save a Design".

I've never bothered with the exhibit rooms in my museum. 3 of the four rooms have themes and stuff in them. Nicely placed!!

I just spent an hour on deciding what my house's final exterior is going to look like. Before i just threw on some random exterior and left it. I'm planting perfect fruit trees everywhere. Before I was too scared to do so at the risk of them dying.

I'm customizing furniture and buying plants, I never bothered with that before.

And I'm changing my mayor's hairstyle. Before I just left it in one style the entire time.

And last but not least, I'm treating all my villagers nicely, when before I was mean to the ones I didn't like.

It's like I stepped into the Twilight Zone.

I am having a lot of fun. And that's what this game is about. Just having fun.

Last edited:
That's great that you found a way to make the game fun again! I put 500+ hours into it when I first got the game years ago, and awhile back I restarted because I got bored. My town was finished, and I had almost finished my encyclopedia. Furniture hunting wasn't fun either.

I didn't touch my new town until recently though lol. It's so fun to landscape and play with features I didn't bother with before, like the flea market system!

Happy Crossings! ^__^

Wow...all this time and I didn't know I could save QR codes with Mable. Time to jump off a cliff.

Glad that you're enjoying the game again! Hope all goes well in Ossipri! I just bought a preowned New Leaf game, and deleted the town data it had on it, so I could just have a 'whatever I want to do' town. I might eventually turn it into a creepy ghoulish themed town, like I always had in the back of my mind.

That's great that you found a way to make the game fun again! I put 500+ hours into it when I first got the game years ago, and awhile back I restarted because I got bored. My town was finished, and I had almost finished my encyclopedia. Furniture hunting wasn't fun either.

I didn't touch my new town until recently though lol. It's so fun to landscape and play with features I didn't bother with before, like the flea market system!

Happy Crossings! ^__^

Wow, that's pretty impressive. I only put too months into this town. I have no idea how many hours that is lol
Landscaping is really fun. Once I have access to bamboo, it's going to be on and cracking lol. I just started doing to flea market space too. I just placed random furniture there soon I'm going to switch them out and replace them with furniture that I want my villagers to put in their house.

Wow...all this time and I didn't know I could save QR codes with Mable. Time to jump off a cliff.

Glad that you're enjoying the game again! Hope all goes well in Ossipri! I just bought a preowned New Leaf game, and deleted the town data it had on it, so I could just have a 'whatever I want to do' town. I might eventually turn it into a creepy ghoulish themed town, like I always had in the back of my mind.

Yep, all you have to do is talk to Mable, and select "Save a Design" and voila. It's pretty useful. I didn't know we could save them either until a few weeks ago.

i'm thinking about purchasing a second copy. I don't know yet though.

i'm thinking about purchasing a second copy. I don't know yet though.

Oh, oh, that slippery slope that hoodathotit was talking about in another thread. Wheee, down you goooo!

Back