Moving out amiibo villagers, changing the plot to a new~

kuri

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
I was moving Rosie out and I didn't want to move a new amiibo villager in to the same spot (which seems to happen a lot).

So, I put tiles (QRS) around her house before she moved out and my new amiibo villager moved into a different open spot.
Keep in mind I have closed off most plot spots by placing tiles (QRS) around so there was only 3 move in options.

Now I tried the tile placing around the house again and it worked!

This this a trick? Or am I just lucky? lol

same, since I've only done it twice I can't confirm this yet! It could be pretty useful for moving villagers around maybe?

I'm trying to get one of my villagers to eventually leave, so I'll give it a test and tell you how it goes once I get around to it. They kept wanting to go to the mover spot and sometimes they went into a path/rose garden/whatever...even though I had a huge open space where I wanted them to actually go. So I just had to suck it up and have them go right back in the spot where I didn't want them because it would do the least amount of damage...

So when I figure out why they don't want to go in that open space, I'm going to test it out and give you the results of my experiment.

I've seen streams where the villager didn't go into the same open spot. There were more than one opened spot in the streamers town.
Most of the time they did pick the same opened spot. On one reset it took hours to get the villager in a different spot.

Sadly, I think you were just lucky. I tend to surround the mover's house with patterns anyway, just so that the incoming villager will only have that 3x3 square to pick from if they insist on staying near the original plot (instead of moving one square up, one square to the right, etc.), and it can still take several tries to get them to move away completely and into the spot I've actually prepared.

Back