• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Make me feel better?

Allure

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
I feel as if I map reset, I also have to choose which villagers move in, and I also feel like if I spend time choosing a map, I need to plot reset. But I just want to let anyone move in anywhere.

Why not buy a New Leaf game that is your less serious one and keep one that is for when you're pinning for a serious town layout? That way when you just want to chill, you can pop in Lazy Town or whatever?

First off, take a deep breath, and remember, this is just a game.

Second of all, villager houses are easy to work around. Just put patterns down where you don't want villagers to move, then just let them plot. That's what I did when I first started Ossipri but now I plot reset because I have trees bushes and flowers where I don't want villagers to live. You never know. A villager might end up plotting in a spot you want them without plot resetting. That's what happened with me when it came to Mac and Chaddar.

Why not buy a New Leaf game that is your less serious one and keep one that is for when you're pinning for a serious town layout? That way when you just want to chill, you can pop in Lazy Town or whatever?

Duke, that's a slippery slope for some of us. That's also, basically, how I ended up with 19 active towns. ;D

Last edited:
Duke, that's a slippery slope for some of us. That's also, basically, how I ended up with 19 active towns. ;D

holy heck @@ how do u manage them all w/o going crazy? i'm even too lazy for 2 towns lmao...

but yeah, just take a step back and breathe. i know a lot of people here are control crazy with their towns and how everything has to be a certain way or they'll reset but just take it slow! enjoy ur town for what it is. constant map resetting isn't fun. at that point you're not even playing the game anymore. take a break from your game and come back w a fresh perspective ^^

19 active towns...yikes. I only have two right now. And I kind of let one go to the dogs. You sound really stressed though Allure, I'd totally go and take a break. Or at the very least play another game for a day or two.

Are you building a town for yourself or aiming to make a work of art in order to upload it and gain lots of visitors?
Remember it's meant to be enjoyable for you, not for some random person that might or might never visit it. Who cares if there's one more pond or the plaza is here or there; once you start playing it feels like YOUR town, and every different trait becomes endearing. If you reset all the time you're not even playing, you'll never unlock shops or build friendships with the villagers...
Maybe drop new leaf and go play HHD instead? There it's possible to make every tile exactly the way you want.

Oh, that's hilarious! I think I am about to slide down that slope soon. Just made a fresh start in my first town as I finish up my second to make it a dream town. In the meantime, I am thinking about buying a new cartridge because I very much want a town with a diagonal waterfall and perfect oranges. Wheeee, here I gooooo!

(Last I heard though, hoodathotit, you only had twelve!)

But, Allure, perhaps a fresh start in your town is the answer. I was going to reset because I didn't even think about a fresh start at first. Then I kept thinking about letting go of my three wonderful cranky guys, Apollo, Fang and Octavian, and I couldn't lose them. Then two villagers I didn't care for pinged to leave and I was like, sure, byebye! I completely erased all my paths, chopped down most of the trees, demolished a bunch of PWP's to move or replace them, invited two new villagers in, rearranged all the flowers and bushes, etc. I'm having a good time with it! I even completely emptied the mayor's house and started it fresh, too, inside.

Even now, and I just did all this about a week ago (the PWP's are slower, of course) my town looks completely different! I'm really liking it again and no resetting, no choosing a map (I like my map, btw), no plot resetting or getting used to new villagers! It could be your answer!

If you do reset, you can feel okay with letting your villagers move in wherever! What's wrong with that? Where is it written that they have to be all in a row in a certain part of town? Where is the fun and freedom in that? I admit there is a lot of work in this game, but it should be enjoyable, creative work, right?

As I'm writing this I see you are getting some great advice from others, too. Blessings and peace in your decision, whatever it is.

I think map resetting and plot resetting are comparing apples and oranges in this case. The map is a very permanent part of your town whereas the villagers come and go. I do not think you need to feel pressured to choose villagers and plots if you map reset.

Also, if I hate a map no villager can make up for it. ;)

Thank all of you, very, very, very much. It means a heck of a lot to me to hear so many people with great advice. I think I am going to take a break for at least a week and play LoZ:OoT 3d! I feel like ever since I have gotten ACNL, it has kinda overtaken my life, and instead of being able to relax, I've been stressing and feeling as if I need a town, and it needs to be perfect, when it really doesn't. Thanks to everyone who has suggested and given their support! It means the world! Now I'm off to play some Legend of Zelda!

Okay, that is way too many towns, bruh.

You are absolutely correct. Recently. I've let some of them languish for up to two weeks or more to come back to find a mass migration of "citizens". I enjoy the game most from meeting Rover to getting those four museum rooms to store the junk I accumulated from Gulliver and unnecessary purchases. TBH, although all have different names,most are essentially identical. Occasionally, I'll get the "what the heck am I doing" flash and wipe several intending to make something really different. The cycle repeats since it's easier to just buy another cartridge than lose the (slim) progress I've made. I would much rather be traipsing around the real forest and villages of Arizona but, alas, a crumpled spine keeps my butt glued to the old La-Z-Boy and ACNL. I recently bought a Switch but it's just waiting for Nintendo's next iteration of Animal Crossing.

O_____O
I thought the highest I'd seen from someone was six but this definitely surpasses that.
Lol.

Did you sell some or do you still have all 19?

O_____O
I thought the highest I'd seen from someone was six but this definitely surpasses that.
Lol.

Did you sell some or do you still have all 19?

The 19 are currently active,13 of which have the WA update. I never sell or trade anything but I have given away quite few new ones. EDIY: My apologies to Allure for sidetracking this thread.

Last edited:
Don't worry about plot resetting. I know that a minority on the forum try to normalise plot resetting, but it's not necessary at all.

I have never plot reset in my town, I'm very happy to have villagers live wherever they choose. ;)

Don't worry about plot resetting. I know that a minority on the forum try to normalise plot resetting, but it's not necessary at all.

I have never plot reset in my town, I'm very happy to have villagers live wherever they choose. ;)

This. It seems like you're making the game stressful, no longer fun anymore.

Back