• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Things about Pokemon you think don't make sense

ThomasHasntPlayedAC

I need a username change.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Lobo
Mint
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Tasty Cake
Pavé
I think how Ash's Pikachu can beat a Regice, ties to a Latios, but then loses to a Bellsprout and a level 5 Snivy makes no god damn sense.

Oh, and speaking of the ****er, his Thunderbolt can faint ground types.

Ash's chance of becoming a Pokemon Master are about the same as Brock getting a woman. NONEXISTENT.

Last edited:
Oh the battle logic in the anime is so ridiculous. My favorite one was when Ash was fighting Tate and Lisa an a double battle with Pikachu and Swellow. At some point Pikachu used an electric attack on Swellow and it turned into a contest like combo move where Swellow was this crazy electric sparking bird with Pikachu riding on him. I'm pretty sure he should have just fainted his Swellow.

Also, the fairy type doesn't make sense to me. Those stupid little cute things shouldn't be able to destroy scary dragon types just by breathing on them. And why are so many legendaries just called mythical now? There's only one in the game, I consider that a legendary Pok?mon.

And why are so many legendaries just called mythical now? There's only one in the game, I consider that a legendary Pok?mon.

I guess they wanted a cooler sounding name than "event-only legendaries". Because that's what all of the mythicals are.

Small Pokemon history lesson for those who don't know: The "mythical" term is a retcon, meaning it was created after the fact. Game Freak didn't start calling the event-only legendaries "mythical Pokemon" until around Gen V. Before that, they were just called legendary Pokemon, just like the in-game catchable ones.

Last edited:
The evil teams make no sense! You battle them, they lose, and they play by the rules? It's not like they could take your pokemon themselves and run, besides, your a kid and most of 'em are adults who can definitely run faster. It's angering!

I don't understand how Gardevoir over every Pok?mon that can beat it in battle, Gardevoir can create black holes. Explain it, just try. Science is against this one too.

Ignoring anime nonsense, my mind refuses to make sense of the fact that I am taller than Charizard (5'7") and have been so since I was 14.

Last edited:
Ignoring anime nonsense, my mind refuses to make sense of the fact that I am taller than Charizard (5'7") and have been so since I was 14.

Adding to this, I'm pretty sure Furret and Charizard are the same height

I think how Ash's Pikachu can beat a Regice, ties to a Latios, but then loses to a Bellsprout and a level 5 Snivy makes no god damn sense.

Oh, and speaking of the ****er, his Thunderbolt can faint ground types.

Ash's chance of becoming a Pokemon Master are about the same as Brock getting a woman. NONEXISTENT.

Yeah that's why I never liked the anime much lol.. Like come on it doesn't have to be that lecturing on "learning from your losses lol" stuff :/

The fact that prof oak didn't want red to go into the grass without a Pokemon but then wanted him to take down an entire criminal organization.

I haven't really watched the anime but the games are pretty ridiculous too.

So you can still go to festival plazza and connect to sop's servers trans-dimensions as well as HOP ONTO A CHAIRZARD AND GK TO A ISLAND IN ALOLA?

perfect sense

- - - Post Merge - - -

So you can still go to festival plazza and connect to sop's servers trans-dimensions as well as HOP ONTO A CHAIRZARD AND GK TO A ISLAND IN ALOLA?

perfect sense

How is espurr a safe Pok?mon to even train? It says in its Pok?dex that it has trouble containing its psychic powers.

Oh look a cute little— *gets fried by psychic powers*

I thought of another one. In the anime when Ash and friends break for lunch they always seem to have a table. Where does that table come from? Is someone carrying it? How are they carrying it? lol

How hoopa is completely ignored in oras even though His portals are how you fight other-region legendarys

You can enslave God

You can enslave guardian deitys

You can enslave the being of light

You can enslave the being of time

You can enslave the being of space

You can enslave all other legendarys

^ so much
like these pok?mon have the power of gods and colossal abilities of parting seas and destroying lands with the thought of it
but i can just put them to sleep, damage, catch
this was observed even in the pmd series
i have no doubt that jirachi could have wiped the floor with bidoof in his special episode in pmd: explorers of sky
oh and before i forget
dialga in those games too
just
two roar of time max
everything faints

Last edited:
Y can a 2 yr old catch the God of pokemon?

It's clearly not a God lol

Back