What do you do when your town feels "heavy"?

Dartpaw

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I thought it meant that maybe it's time to restart my town?

I really want to restart my town, but...

--Only two more bugs to catch

--Only a few more fish and Seafood to catch

--My fossil exhibit is complete

--My Painting exhibit is more than half complete

--I have the entire downtown finished

--I have TONS of rare furniture that would be a pain getting again (I can just drop them in my spare town, and pick it up later but still that's a LOT of busy work)

--Town is almost a year old

I want this town to last forever, but to be honest, I really think the fun comes from building up the town, as what's left to do when I do everything? (I don't mean literally everything there's still countless stuff for me to do, like get all the PWPs and finish my museum and fill up the catalog)

I even started a new (spare) town just yesterday (which has a map layout that I really like) to keep me occupied, but the other town still feels heavy and I can't ignore that.

It'll sell for around 19,000,000 which doesn't help with trying to preserve it :(

Also the fact that half of my HH Showcase was filled up, and I accidentally deleted it while "experimenting" to see what would happen if I transferred my town data to a Welcome Amiibo copy.

What do you do in this situation?

Considering the fact that my town was 4 years old and was worth 63 Million at the time, I semi-regret resetting.
I really, REALLY, wanted to get rid of my town because I hated my mayorś eyes.
I also didn't have much to do because I had half my dreamies already, and I didn?t really feel like fishing or catching.
It was probably the most irrational decision ever, but no one knows its 4 years old besides me. Ive never played that much, and i felt like tuning in to a new theme (Even though I could have easily done that with my old town, I felt like starting from scratch)

Point is, if you feel like there isn?t much to do, go for it.
But I would also suggest working on your town exterior if you hadnt, its really fun!

Thanks for the input :) but I think I'll try to ease into it more, as after "venting" on this post for lack of a better word, my town didn't feel so heavy anymore.

Also, it's a PAIN getting Katrina set up again (well not really, I can just keep making and deleting alts to visit her on her very first visit until I rack up 20 with my mayor as the last visit)

But anywho, I think I'll keep it for a while longer regardless :) at least until I get all the Spooky and creepy furniture, and then harvest furniture and then probably I'll be in the groove of my town again by then.

Edit: I don't know how it happened, maybe it was the venting, but I got this all off of my chest. My town feels fresh and new again, to the point where I spent the last two hours river-fishing, it was so relaxing <3

Last edited:
Back