• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do when your town feels "heavy"?

Dartpaw

Bells
I thought it meant that maybe it's time to restart my town?

I really want to restart my town, but...

--Only two more bugs to catch

--Only a few more fish and Seafood to catch

--My fossil exhibit is complete

--My Painting exhibit is more than half complete

--I have the entire downtown finished

--I have TONS of rare furniture that would be a pain getting again (I can just drop them in my spare town, and pick it up later but still that's a LOT of busy work)

--Town is almost a year old

I want this town to last forever, but to be honest, I really think the fun comes from building up the town, as what's left to do when I do everything? (I don't mean literally everything there's still countless stuff for me to do, like get all the PWPs and finish my museum and fill up the catalog)

I even started a new (spare) town just yesterday (which has a map layout that I really like) to keep me occupied, but the other town still feels heavy and I can't ignore that.

It'll sell for around 19,000,000 which doesn't help with trying to preserve it :(

Also the fact that half of my HH Showcase was filled up, and I accidentally deleted it while "experimenting" to see what would happen if I transferred my town data to a Welcome Amiibo copy.

What do you do in this situation?

Considering the fact that my town was 4 years old and was worth 63 Million at the time, I semi-regret resetting.
I really, REALLY, wanted to get rid of my town because I hated my mayorś eyes.
I also didn't have much to do because I had half my dreamies already, and I didn?t really feel like fishing or catching.
It was probably the most irrational decision ever, but no one knows its 4 years old besides me. Ive never played that much, and i felt like tuning in to a new theme (Even though I could have easily done that with my old town, I felt like starting from scratch)

Point is, if you feel like there isn?t much to do, go for it.
But I would also suggest working on your town exterior if you hadnt, its really fun!

Thanks for the input :) but I think I'll try to ease into it more, as after "venting" on this post for lack of a better word, my town didn't feel so heavy anymore.

Also, it's a PAIN getting Katrina set up again (well not really, I can just keep making and deleting alts to visit her on her very first visit until I rack up 20 with my mayor as the last visit)

But anywho, I think I'll keep it for a while longer regardless :) at least until I get all the Spooky and creepy furniture, and then harvest furniture and then probably I'll be in the groove of my town again by then.

Edit: I don't know how it happened, maybe it was the venting, but I got this all off of my chest. My town feels fresh and new again, to the point where I spent the last two hours river-fishing, it was so relaxing <3

Last edited:
Back