• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the Earliest Memory in Your Life You can Recall?

saehanfox

K-Fox
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I can still remember preschool but only one specific day when kids were playing in the building with toys scattered all over the ground. I still remember some kids pointing these flat dinosaur plastic toys at each other as guns and running around shooting each other. I joined in. And then, there's the naps in the middle of the day when the teacher would bring out the folding beds and they would shut the lights in the building off. This was probably 18 to 19 years ago. Anyone good enough to remember their life even further before as an infant?

everytime someone asks this i start laughign so hard because
my earliest memory is me choking on a piece of candy and my dad helping me not die in that moment smh
what a fond memory :') father-son bonds start young guys

Last edited:
My earliest memory was me in pre-school, playing Super Mario 64. I remember being in Bob-omb Battlefield, and I couldn't beat the level cause... you know, I was only 4 years old.

I have only bits and pieces of early memories and I have no idea exactly when any of them took place so I can't say what the earliest one is. The one that always comes to mind though is getting stuck in the dryer (or maybe it was the washing machine) so I'll go with that one just cuz it's a personal favorite.. truly one of my shining moments.

My earliest memory is a false one.

I remember going to this ice cream parlor in my old town as a toddler, with my dad and sister, I remember walking past this very specific building in this very specific neighborhood, and I've had this memory forever, but my mom said it never happened, and my sister doesn't remember it either. My mom and dad divorced when I was super little, and all I ever really saw of him was our once a year outing where he'd take me and my sister to do something, but apparently ice cream was never one of the things we did.

My earliest memory is a false one.

I remember going to this ice cream parlor in my old town as a toddler, with my dad and sister, I remember walking past this very specific building in this very specific neighborhood, and I've had this memory forever, but my mom said it never happened, and my sister doesn't remember it either. My mom and dad divorced when I was super little, and all I ever really saw of him was our once a year outing where he'd take me and my sister to do something, but apparently ice cream was never one of the things we did.

My earliest memory was a false one too!! I don't exactly remember where it was.. but I remember what happened so well. We were in this park and I was wearing these really nifty shoes that could turn into rollerblades that were hidden in the platform (they were purple, sparkly and could light up... but very heavy!) I went ahead of my family and got to this hill and couldn't control my roller shoes and began to roll down the hill really fast. I smashed into a dog walker and like 10 dogs and little me and the poor dogs were just rolling down the hill to the bottom, all tangled up and confused. My parents are convinced it NEVER happened but... I mean, I even have a scar from this incident. I think I was around 6 or 7 when it happened. Honestly, I don't remember the years before I was 10 years old this is literally the memory that sticks out the most.

No idea how old I was, but something with me and mom going to my grandma (she was my day-care mom back in the days) and waiting for the bus outside.

Lying on my back on the living room floor watching the intro to Star Trek. I believe I was under two due to certain circumstances.

The second earliest was at age two, travelling down to England via train and watching the pylons out the window. I have no memory of physically being there though. Just the train journey.

Last edited:
My earliest memory was a false one too!! I don't exactly remember where it was.. but I remember what happened so well. We were in this park and I was wearing these really nifty shoes that could turn into rollerblades that were hidden in the platform (they were purple, sparkly and could light up... but very heavy!) I went ahead of my family and got to this hill and couldn't control my roller shoes and began to roll down the hill really fast. I smashed into a dog walker and like 10 dogs and little me and the poor dogs were just rolling down the hill to the bottom, all tangled up and confused. My parents are convinced it NEVER happened but... I mean, I even have a scar from this incident. I think I was around 6 or 7 when it happened. Honestly, I don't remember the years before I was 10 years old this is literally the memory that sticks out the most.

I remember so many details of mine too, we walked past this donut place and there was a really creepy looking old man with really thick eyebrows who was frowning looking at us passing in the opposite direction. And I was wearing overalls, and my ice cream was cooking and cream, cause I remember the chunks of cookie in it. I was holding my dads hand with one hand and my cone with the other hand, and I remember there was a blue car when we were at the crosswalk waiting for the sign to change before we crossed over to the high school.

Maybe it's all the details that lends to it's falseness though... like most people's earliest memories aren't super specific or detailed from what people on here are saying...

being in a dark room with the television on before i went to bed and had really bad nightmares and then the cycle continued

I remember being a baby with my older brother helping me trying to walk.

I remember when my brother came home and I hated him and cried but now we are best friends <3
also Christmas in my old house was always really fun because my living room would be filled with presents and we would watch old Christmas movies on our box tv and I would just play with my toys all day

I have a lot of vivid memories of doing pretty simple things when I was like 2/3, like being in a stroller on the way home from the library, drinking juice at preschool, watching tv and eating ice cream, etc
edit: oh and yelling for milk 24/7

Last edited:
I remember a dream I had when I was 2. That was 13 years ago.

I remember myself trying to steal a Lego piece from preschool, me napping (lol), me going on a stroller to this place where they were selling Disney merch at the front, my house before we moved out, moved 5 times, then come back.
I have very specific memories, but I don't really remember much besides that.

Playing at a park I really liked when I was two years old. I actually remember pretty clearly how everything looked.

My earliest vivid memories are from my kindergarten. We used to get into a lot of mischief.

I only remember small fragments from before that.

Probably me breaking my leg when I was four or five. Not a great memory. I thought I was a Power Ranger.

Also my father fainting at the sight of me getting my cast taken off. Good times.

Being in the kitchen and opening a cupboard lol.

I know, I know, I have an exciting past.

Wow I literally don't remember anything before 7 years ago uhhh

Oh wait once when I was 9 this kid got mad and threw a desk at a teacher and nobody did anything for like 2 minutes and the teacher was like .... help ?

but that's all I remember and it didn't even happen to me

Last edited:
Back