• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you still playing daily?

Unfortunately not. I don't think I've even touched it in one or two months now.

I try to play every day, but only to dig up fossils and checking villagers who want to leave.

I play everyday. Don't really plan on stopping any time soon. It doesn't interfere with my everyday life, so I really don't see the problem with it.

My habit is to play daily for months (years with the gamecube version), then take a few months off for different reasons, then get back in with a vengeance and repeat the cycle. Since I found out about the update in August, I've played daily since then even restarting a new town on my old cartridge while trying to make improvements to my original town on the digital version.

I usually go through phases. I'll be hooked to the game for months, and then stop playing for a while. Right now I have no motivation to play. I've been having a really hard time in real life where a bunch of bad things have been happening, and Animal Crossing stresses me out. Weird, I know, since the game is supposed to help you relax but I just have too many things I want to do at once which makes the game stressful for me.

When I first got the game in 2013, I played daily. Eventually I got bored of the game and rarely played it (this was in 2014), and whenever you didn't play for a while Isabelle would be like, "where have you been?? We missed you?" And that made me feel bad so that made me stay away even more. Eventually I stopped using my DS altogether.

So my mom sent ALL of my DS games (which were a lot) and my DS down to my cousins. I didn't ask for a 3ds again until December of 2016, and I got New Leaf again in July.

long story short, i played daily then stopped. Picked the game back up and now I'm playing daily :)

I just started to play this game in this year May. Since then, I have been playing it everyday.

Last edited:
Well I bought the game like 3 weeks ago so I still play everyday. I just finally got my 2nd floor today lol so I'm a bit slow.

I play really sporadically, which is pretty bad since it leaves huge gaps in between for villagers to move out and my town to get a little gross

I've been playing since the release and haven't missed a day in my main town.
My other towns are frozen in time since I don't have time to play them. Busy trying to finish other games before the new Mario game comes out this month.

I've been playing since the release and haven't missed a day in my main town.
My other towns are frozen in time since I don't have time to play them. Busy trying to finish other games before the new Mario game comes out this month.
If I may ask, do you ever play with other people?
I remember that that was one of the main things that made the game so interesting.

Maybe if the person I played with and I still talked I would have kept it up... But if you still haven't missed a day in your town playing just by yourself.... that is something that I could never do, with any game actually.

Last edited:
I was and then suddenly I am extremely busy with life and by the end of the day I am exhausted to even turn on my 3DS

Most of the time it was just by myself. With 6 plus towns I have a lot to do. I still haven't made my half mice/hamster town that I started awhile ago. Our group as any rule if the gates are opened you can drop by. Halloween with friends is so much better than by yourself.

I do have a town that I call my Guest town. It's one where I let my online friend drop by when they want to. Early on I hosted Pave Day for those that didn't want to run in their own town. At the time it was a real town so I wasn't worried about the grass.

I do go to Club Tortimer to see if anyone wants to do tours when I play one of my extra players. Most of the time everyone was nice and we had a blast. Bonus getting extra medals for how well you did.

I can't play daily. I think I kept up daily when I first got the game but I also had less responsibilities then. Between my work and my classes and taking care of household things...there just isn't the time.
I mostly play Friday-Sunday. I don't TT back to the days I missed. I simply just play on whatever day I log in.

I don't play very often any more, but this month has my birthday and Halloween and those are both cute events in AC so I'll probably play for them. I lost interest when the update patched the net glitch. It is pretty much all my friends and I would do when we visited each other's towns. Even all of the cool new items didn't keep me playing for long because most of the meow coupon challenges are kind of annoying and repetitive to complete.

Back