• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

rpm

Honestley this forum is pretty tame compared to the rest of the internet. If you really find this shocking then, I'd hate to see you react to the news.

Just block your friends if you don't like their activity feed. Or say it to them.

Honestley this forum is pretty tame compared to the rest of the internet. If you really find this shocking then, I'd hate to see you react to the news.

This, just go to, I don't know Gaiaonline or whatever more "adult" forum ...

Just block your friends if you don't like their activity feed. Or say it to them.

*assuming I don't watch the news*

Tbh I'm prob gonna end up going insane or something cause there are so many stupid people online and I can't do anything about them .^.

Hence my new signature. Inspiration from the recent events here.

yeah but this sort of "light hearted joking" is exactly what a lot of members here are tired of seeing or even look like you're singling people out. I mean ok, there's a lot of ****posting in the political threads but even making a signature joke out of someone posting about being alone or depressed is pretty incensitive and kinda uncalled for :/

This, just go to, I don't know Gaiaonline or whatever more "adult" forum ...

I had to reply to this.... I understand that there are other places that are worse than this one, but just because it's acceptable there doesn't mean it should be acceptable here.

When I get on a forum for a videogame that is absolutely 100% kid friendly and I see some seriously explicit stuff it reeeeeeeally grinds my gears. Some of the comments I'm seeing here make me wonder if people even know what it's like to have any shame at all.

But hey, I'm literally one of the few people here who sees how wrong this is, so like what am I gonna do about it :^)

I had to reply to this.... I understand that there are other places that are worse than this one, but just because it's acceptable there doesn't mean it should be acceptable here.

When I get on a forum for a videogame that is absolutely 100% kid friendly and I see some seriously explicit stuff it reeeeeeeally grinds my gears. Some of the comments I'm seeing here make me wonder if people even know what it's like to have any shame at all.

But hey, I'm literally one of the few people here who sees how wrong this is, so like what am I gonna do about it :^)

You seem to have a very black white morality that you become uncomfortable when others do not conform to your views.

"But hey, I'm literally one of the few people here who sees how wrong this is, so like what am I gonna do about it :^)"

That is your opinion, but you seem to think it's a fact. You seem to also be made uncomfortable by anything 'adult' - periods and gender identity issues are things I've seen you approach with high discomfort. There's nothing wrong with this, but you are, and excuse this term, I don't have a better one 'the odd one out'.

I understand that this is a forum for a kids game, but you can't arbitrarily decide what is and is not permitted, if you don't like it, that's just your opinion, it's not the one true nature of the world, just like how everything I say is just an opinion and not a true undeniable fact.

If discussion of 'adult' topics annoy you, maybe give brewsters a wide berth. It can be easy to find when something annoys you, you might get more and more fixated on it, but try to distract yourself. I used to get very fixated with things I disagreed with, but you have to learn to disagree with things but not get upset sometimes.

Last edited:
You seem to have a very black white morality that you become uncomfortable when others do not conform to your views.

"But hey, I'm literally one of the few people here who sees how wrong this is, so like what am I gonna do about it :^)"

That is your opinion, but you seem to think it's a fact. You seem to also be made uncomfortable by anything 'adult' - periods and gender identity issues are things I've seen you approach with high discomfort. There's nothing wrong with this, but you are, and excuse this term, I don't have a better one 'the odd one out'.

I understand that this is a forum for a kids game, but you can't arbitrarily decide what is and is not permitted, if you don't like it, that's just your opinion, it's not the one true nature of the world, just like how everything I say is just an opinion and not a true undeniable fact.

If discussion of 'adult' topics annoy you, maybe give brewsters a wide berth. It can be easy to find when something annoys you, you might get more and more fixated on it, but try to distract yourself. I used to get very fixated with things I disagreed with, but you have to learn to disagree with things but not get upset sometimes.

The bold area honestly perfectly describes me. And I'm really, really starting to hate myself for it. Like the older I get the worse I get. The more I think "why are you so modest jfc nobody else is like that."
Like I honestly don't really care what others do but I have been bothered my whole life and I don't really have an outlet to express my own thoughts so it's like no matter where I go I will never fit in with regular society--

Sry I'm being immature, I know. I can't help it, I'm an immature person who can't handle petty things that normal people don't really care about.
22491473_1903323066586109_4389931942213157479_n.jpg
I'm sorry I ever made this thread, Ik I'm no good and don't deserve what others have to offer. I'm gonna request to lock this thread now and go hide away like an immature person would.

You can close it yourself by going into advanced settings :blush:
Also
I'm kinda disturbed. Ooo well

The bold area honestly perfectly describes me. And I'm really, really starting to hate myself for it. Like the older I get the worse I get. The more I think "why are you so modest jfc nobody else is like that."
Like I honestly don't really care what others do but I have been bothered my whole life and I don't really have an outlet to express my own thoughts so it's like no matter where I go I will never fit in with regular society--

Sry I'm being immature, I know. I can't help it, I'm an immature person who can't handle petty things that normal people don't really care about.
I'm sorry I ever made this thread, Ik I'm no good and don't deserve what others have to offer. I'm gonna request to lock this thread now and go hide away like an immature person would.

Ah sorry, I hope you didn't take my response the wrong way, I just sorta looked at it as if it was my own behaviour, I used to be like this too, and you don't HAVE to even fix it either - there's nothing wrong with it.

All I'm saying, is for your own comfort, maybe try avoid things that make you feel like this, at the very least, avoid it till you find a good coping mechanism, or maybe a way of trying to organise your thoughts. Sorry if it sounds silly, I'm just viewing this through the lens of problems I've had in the past.

*assuming I don't watch the news*

Tbh I'm prob gonna end up going insane or something cause there are so many stupid people online and I can't do anything about them .^.

You know you could not call people stupid, if you disagree with their views. It just hurts your point all the more. :/ There's the solution for you.

Ah sorry, I hope you didn't take my response the wrong way, I just sorta looked at it as if it was my own behaviour, I used to be like this too, and you don't HAVE to even fix it either - there's nothing wrong with it.

All I'm saying, is for your own comfort, maybe try avoid things that make you feel like this, at the very least, avoid it till you find a good coping mechanism, or maybe a way of trying to organise your thoughts. Sorry if it sounds silly, I'm just viewing this through the lens of problems I've had in the past.

I know there's something wrong with the way I think. Why is no one else like that? Why does no one else care about these inappropriate comments?
And my only coping mechanism right now is to literally seclude myself from all known society and just do my own thing. It's a terrible coping method but it does work.

I kinda feel like leaving this site temporarily but if I did that then I would be alone and even though that's what I want, it's really not .-.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also
I'm kinda disturbed. Ooo well

Thanks, at least someone agrees with me so I don't look like a fool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sad that I have to go online to attempt to reach out to people.

Last edited:

You're 18 right? There's nothing wrong with you. Life is about learning after all, and for a lot of people, they were uncomfortable with a lot of things starting up, and as time progresses, eventually you will get over issues like this. Try not to dwell on stuff, and if you do, at least read about whatever topics that bother you outside of this forum. Maybe things will start to seem less uncomfortable to you.

Nooo don't leave!!!!
It wont be the same without you!!!

Or you can just ignore it instead of making a thread about you feeling offended because you're not mature enough to handle adult dicussions? uwu There's no point in going to a thread and asking why it exists. I can very well do that to this thread as well. So what if your friends are making those posts, you can't police your friend's opinions. If you find their opinions to be so fundamentally different than yours, take it up with those friends.

I mean if you recognize you're being immature, change it. You can't just justify yourself as "I can't help it!!!!! People are stupid!!!!"

[...]

First off, I don?t think you?re completely alone with those thoughts - It?s just that there are less people who feel the way you do about these issues.
You shouldn?t blame yourself for thinking differently any more than you should criticize others? behavior for being wrong, if that makes sense.

It sounds like you?re not very confident in your own values when you say that you hate yourself for being so bothered. Maybe it would help you to analyze why some topics make you so uncomfortable. Does it have to do with what you were taught?

When you ask if other people just don?t have any shame, keep in mind that they don?t consider what they?re saying as shameful. For example, while you might see periods as something very personal and embarrassing to share, for other people it is nothing more than a natural bodily function. It is healthy to not be ashamed by your body and can be helpful to share experiences and take comfort in others going through the same struggles.

How you deal with your discomfort depends on whether you want to stick by your ideals of modesty or not. You can continue being more modest than most people and try to avoid upsetting conversations, or you can challenge those beliefs by exposing yourself to them and seeing if you grow more comfortable with time.

Either way, I think it would help to recognize that you can be friends with people who think differently than you. They should be respectful and not involve you in uncomfortable conversations, just like you should respect that they can participate in those conversations on their own. That?s what tolerance is about <3

Back