• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

rpm

yeah, i've seen a lot of people making obscene, offensive, or innappropriate comments, especially about trans issues, that are meant to be jokes. usually i'm fine with jokes or whatever, but when it's excessive and derailing posts that are meant to be serious, i don't really like it too much. i agree with you.

The staff are trying their best. Maybe you should talk to your friends about this?

Last edited:
A few users got banned and the staff are trying their best. Maybe you should talk to your friends about this?

Idk they would prob be like "lol why does that bother you, who cares rly" and then I'd just feel worse ;-;

Can you explain what part of it is disturbing you? I personally don't like it because, well most of the users are children and don't understand, and then most of the other users are adults who still don't understand it (I put myself in this category lol)

I think those threads aren't necessary, but I don't think they are HARMFUL, I just think the people posting in the threads are either clueless about what they're talking about, or needlessly inflammatory.

TL;DR yeah I think the threads are dumb, but I also think pizza rolls are dumb, as is asking questions about every aspect of dental hygiene.

Last edited:
Idk they would prob be like "lol why does that bother you, who cares rly" and then I'd just feel worse ;-;

Oh my gosh I didn't realize it was you since you changed your avatar xD

And sorry to hear that, I guess the best course of action to take, would be to remove them from your friend list if they're bothering you. You could try to let them know how you feel like I said, or you could remove them from your list. It's totally ok to do that if they're upsetting you. It isn't rude or anything so don't be afraid to do that.

Can you explain what part of it is disturbing you?

I feel like if I tried to I would prob have some kind of mini panic attack so... I'll just go as far as to say thing that shouldn't really be discussed on a public forum at all, much less an Animal Crossing forum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh my gosh I didn't realize it was you since you changed your avatar xD

And sorry to hear that, I guess the best course of action to take, would be to remove them from your friend list if they're bothering you. You could try to let them know how you feel like I said, or you could remove them from your list. It's totally ok to do that if they're upsetting you. It isn't rude or anything so don't be afraid to do that.

Oh yeah, I just changed it for the rest of October (and maybe beyond that if that sig pic keeps makin me laugh like it does).

I might get the courage to bring it up to them at some point but for now... eh, I'll just sit in the shadows and let it bother me like I do everything else in my life that bothers me .^.

Last edited:
Most of them are probably like 10 either that or some intellectual™ alt right scum of the earth so I wouldn't get worked up about it

the internet is c̶h̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶'̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ full of *******s so yeah just don't let the dumb stuff get 2 u

I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to people?s ignorance or stupidity, so it?s rare that I?ll be bothered past the point of just shaking my head. It?s hard seeing others affected by insensitive comments though, and I?m sorry you and some others are having a hard time dealing with these posts.

That being said, I do wonder what exactly the scope of your discomfort is. If it?s relating to users insulting each other and having heated arguments over issues, I fully understand. But if it?s the subjects themselves that make you uncomfortable, I think it would be best for you to avoid reading or joining in on the conversation.

For example, I remember that you were very openly disapproving about the period thread?s existence, even though all the talk was positive. Sure that subject isn?t for everyone and you?re in no way obligated to participate - however, your comment of calling the subject inappropriate and almost shaming people for sharing their stories actually made me feel uncomfortable.
Similarly, there is nothing inherently wrong about discussing trans issues or other sensitive subjects, as long as it stays civil. Everyone just has to decide for themselves what they can handle or feel comfortable with instead of trying to police what others should or should not talk about

The only reason they disturb me is they're basically guaranteed catalysts for hate and offensive comments and it's especially disturbing with threads regarding trans issues since trans people are definitely one of the most targeted and vulnerable groups of people as it is and already have to deal with enough crap. Like I really don't think people on here realize how damaging even their stupid "jokes" can be, and yes I'm looking at anyone who has ever made an "attack helicopter" or "did you just assume my gender" joke. Thankfully I haven't seen many recently but then again, I'm in Brewster's as well as the forum as a whole much less often now.

The only reason they disturb me is they're basically guaranteed catalysts for hate and offensive comments and it's especially disturbing with threads regarding trans issues since trans people are definitely one of the most targeted and vulnerable groups of people as it is and already have to deal with enough crap. Like I really don't think people on here realize how damaging even their stupid "jokes" can be, and yes I'm looking at anyone who has ever made an "attack helicopter" or "did you just assume my gender" joke. Thankfully I haven't seen many recently but then again, I'm in Brewster's as well as the forum as a whole much less often now.

I agree. People say a lot of hurtful, annoying, or just stupid stuff on here, and act like it's nothing.

Tbh if I keep seeing this stuff I might start to migrate away from this forum. I get on here to socialize with people, but if they're gonna be immature then I don't want to associate with them.

spams the like button on all ur posts cause youre a very mature person thanks for existing gyro
anyway; yes... if it gets to the point where a thread just ASKING what percentage of the forum is trans ends up being closed because of all the ridiculous jokes....... thats pretty bad. :/ so it kinda breaks my heart to see casual transphobia- but ill live ahaha

Last edited:
I agree. People say a lot of hurtful, annoying, or just stupid stuff on here, and act like it's nothing.

Tbh if I keep seeing this stuff I might start to migrate away from this forum. I get on here to socialize with people, but if they're gonna be immature then I don't want to associate with them.

Mmhmm and what sucks the most is people (both the ones making said comments and the ones watching) don't realize that there's way more ways to be transphobic/homophobic/racist/whathaveyou than straight up saying "I hate ____ people" so the harmfulness of the comment goes above peoples' heads and then everyone's confused when someone gets upset.

spams the like button on all ur posts cause youre a very mature person thanks for existing gyro

Omg I dont know about that but thank u

On the internet where everyone has an opinion and half of those people are trolls or just plain jerks you really have to learn how to grow a thicker skin. I know these topics are sensitive to a lot of people, but as you can plainly tell, people make a joke out of any and every thing.

If your friends are into joking in ways that harm you, maybe it's time to educate them about your triggers and what's important to you, or else it will keep happening. If you tell them AND it keeps happening, then I'd think about losing those friends.

I hope you're ok though, I know how harmful some of the things people say can be. <3

The only reason they disturb me is they're basically guaranteed catalysts for hate and offensive comments and it's especially disturbing with threads regarding trans issues since trans people are definitely one of the most targeted and vulnerable groups of people as it is and already have to deal with enough crap.

Eh, that transition thread was pretty toxic re the OP only asked a question that could have been a civil and organized debate but yeah of course people had to be passive-aggressive and go bat****. On the other hand, that community can be really annoying and think they have earned all the respect and privileges just because they something. Like.. treat me with respect and I will treat you good back, I don't care if you are cis or trans for the matter.
--

Re that period thread at OP here, I really though that one could be civil without trolls, because yeah it's a natural things and while you can do stuff to remove it no need to be disapproving it lol :rolleyes:

But yeah just avoid and don't enter topics you can't make a good reply on. (Yeah before anyone call me a hypocrite since I have probably been rude in earlier days, I try to learn).

Last edited:
Yes they disturb me, even though I don't really go on those types of forums I know people are bound to be offended by the stuff people say on here and I just don't want to get involved.

I just don't get why people think it's necessary to joke around about that stuff, it's usually to get a reaction out of people and to start drama but it can seriously hurt people.

Yes they disturb me, even though I don't really go on those types of forums I know people are bound to be offended by the stuff people say on here and I just don't want to get involved.

I just don't get why people think it's necessary to joke around about that stuff, it's usually to get a reaction out of people and to start drama but it can seriously hurt people.

Well yeah some things are probably inappropriate and just made to get provokes but yeah, I stopped caring really... I'm not too easily disturbed so I don't care too much at all unless they are actually being serious about it, if you know what I mean.

And I don't know, like as long as a thread follow rules (until it derails or otherwise) let people discuss man. It would be pretty boring if all threads were too family friendly anyways.

is the forum spiralling out of control

- - - Post Merge - - -

literally why i left.

Last edited:
Do you mean obscene as in offensive, or obscene as is sexually explicit?

Last edited:
Back