• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Review the Dream Town above you!

Thoughts on Mochi!

- instantly I'm struck by how great the path looks - OML
- Not a huge fan of the peach tree placement around the town square, looks a bit lopsided (?) to me because there's one peach tree right in front of the campground (yes I ran smack into it lol)
- YOU DID AMAZING with flower and home/PWP coordination :')

- Pink house: love the interior matching the exterior. I'm a huge fan of the pink rococo and cozy reading room vibe. Could open up the floor space in your front room though, maybe put the coat hanger beside the fireplace? I'm in love with your bathroom, can't find anything bad to say other than I never thought I'd fall for someone's bathroom. Side room, green: kind of cluttered, needs something taken off the front wall; otherwise a very strong room. Side room, pink: cluttered but it works. There's so much cool stuff IDK where to stare :)

- Blue/Pink small house: what kind of theme were you going for in the main room? It's very floral and playful, but the foosball table and tissues kind of muddy the theme. Is it your collectible collection room? Or like a kid's room with toys? It's got a lot going for it though!

- Your characters are cute - I want Amiya's hair IRL
- Your town is overall very well thought out, the villagers, flowers, houses, all work well and match your theme! Thanks for sharing, 10/10 would revisit :)

My DA is 5B00-0020-54B4 if anyone else wants to review mine :)

Last edited:
I shall review yours Hino! Will edit this in a bit.

My DA is in my signature

Review of Old Leaf

My initial impression was that your pathways were nicely mapped out around town. I quite like "large" paths (2+ squares) and I think you set your town up to have a nice open look. I'm guessing your town is very heavily under construction though, because the path pattern itself is kinda messy and chaotic. I would stick with the lighter "brick/cobble stone" path and ditch the darker one. The flowers are also a little chaotic. Maybe you can arrange areas by colour/type or stick with a single colour scheme? More bushes lining your paths would help as well!!

My favourite area that looks like it has the most potential is the little campsite area you have near the campgrounds. I love how your path wraps around that little pond. I thought it was really good path mapping! I think the northern part of that area (closer to the campground entrance) could have lots of cedar trees and camper PWPs such as the fire pit or the hammock. As you go further south to the campsite you could have it hidden by trees or something? So the "campers" can have a little privacy?

I also think your Cafe could benefit from having a larger path way to it, kind of like the way you landscaped around the town hall and train station. I don't know if it will be permanent, but I can see you've planted some bamboo around that area. Maybe you can turn the cafe area into something zen themed? Like put a hot spring or something?

Overall I enjoyed visiting your town. I do think there's a lot of "cleaning up" to do in terms or arranging flowers, path choices, and adding some more PWPs, but I did like your general path layout and I think it's headed in a good direction!!

Last edited:
If you don't mind, I'd love to review Mochi!

go ahead! pls ^^ Ill review yours now too! c:

Hino, I tried your DA twice and cant visit :c

Last edited:
go ahead! pls ^^ Ill review yours now too! c:

Hino, I tried your DA twice and cant visit :c

Heya, DizzyBone reviewed mine, so maybe you could review hers?

As for the DC not working, I think I'll try updating my dream, but it's worked for other people so I don't know what that could be about :'( thanks for the heads up!

somehow it worked now! lol don't know what was going on, gonna review in a bit
mini-graphics-hearts-154474.gif

My thoughts of Old Leaf:

It's a quaint little town, definitely a zen town! I can see a bunch of zen gardens and geysers in it in the future :3
It still needs lots of work, but I do love the layout! It gives off a lovely spring/zen vibe, especially with the clothes you laid out

Have you decided on a flower theme? A nice cool colored theme will give it a better vibe c:

If your other villagers are not dreamies then moving them out and plot resetting will definitely help the flow of the town!
I'd really love to keep visiting and see your progress

Last edited:
Then I'll review Dizzy Bone -
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts on Tinytree:

- So nice of you to put out clothes in the town square, I hate the PJ's we get :)
- I love how woodsy and foresty it is with all the mushrooms, but its difficult to navigate because of the cut bamboo and the fact that its night in your dream (but you can't really control that~)

- Pink/Green Zen House: the front room is very cheerful and open - not sure how you got it but that fish museum carpet ties the place together :) Kitchen -- cluttered but an interesting clutter. The kind you could rummage about in for hours and never run out of fun things to find. Ties well to rest of interior. Your whole house gives off a very vintage 70's/thrift store vibe (which I am a huge fan of - you make the whole house very retro without looking dated -in part due to the Gracie furniture series-- WELL DONE!)

- Wood House- c..c..can I move in with you..? That front room is the coziest, most homey kind of room... I need cocoa now... Loving the shop in the back - I'm sure when its daytime and the light comes in through the window it looks idyllic :)

- Green wood house - front room is a bit dark... I'm sure it looks great but it could use some light, maybe candles? Same with your bedroom - I couldn't get to the lamp either . Not sure how I feel about the white brick wall with the exotic furniture set in the top room, it seems like the room and the furniture in it clash. Fan of the basement studio though, I could see an artist living here :) :) :)

- The bridge placement in your town contributed to my issue of finding my way around, the top half of your town was navigable (and quite nice - the orchard and scarecrow were so cute), but in the bottom half I kept crashing into bushes and trying to see around trees. Guess its just part of the campground/wilderness theme!

- Your beaches almost stole the show - blue hybrids against blue sky & blue water?? Love it.

- The totem pole. +10

Overall your town is amazing --- can I come visit during the daytime though (lol)?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My DA is 5B00-0020-54B4

Last edited:
Thoughts on Mochi!

- instantly I'm struck by how great the path looks - OML
- Not a huge fan of the peach tree placement around the town square, looks a bit lopsided (?) to me because there's one peach tree right in front of the campground (yes I ran smack into it lol)
- YOU DID AMAZING with flower and home/PWP coordination :')

- Pink house: love the interior matching the exterior. I'm a huge fan of the pink rococo and cozy reading room vibe. Could open up the floor space in your front room though, maybe put the coat hanger beside the fireplace? I'm in love with your bathroom, can't find anything bad to say other than I never thought I'd fall for someone's bathroom. Side room, green: kind of cluttered, needs something taken off the front wall; otherwise a very strong room. Side room, pink: cluttered but it works. There's so much cool stuff IDK where to stare :)

- Blue/Pink small house: what kind of theme were you going for in the main room? It's very floral and playful, but the foosball table and tissues kind of muddy the theme. Is it your collectible collection room? Or like a kid's room with toys? It's got a lot going for it though!

- Your characters are cute - I want Amiya's hair IRL
- Your town is overall very well thought out, the villagers, flowers, houses, all work well and match your theme! Thanks for sharing, 10/10 would revisit :)

Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you liked it! That plaza area has always given me a rough time lol I really wanted to make a park below it as you saw, but I can't put anything else because I am space blocked :c
So trees were all I could put there ^^" haha

Second house! hahaha, Amiya is my daughter's name, it's supposed to be like her room, I just never got around fixing it lol ended up being really awkward and random.

Hehe, the random tree you smacked into (lol) was there because of the area campsite is in I can't put many trees (regretted it immediately lol) So I plopped a random tree! haha

This was my very first town, I've never changed the layout, so many mistakes were made that I can't change lol (like the cafe as well ^^") Hopefully if I can get my second town back you all can visit that one! But I lost it recently, idk if I can recover it or not yet :x

Reviewing H1nohime , please, do not post new posts to respond to reviews, keep it to pms, as it makes it very hard to track posts. Please also only edit your placeholder posts

Edit: also sory H1nohime, you might be waiting a few hours for review, going out for a meal with my family soon

My DA is 6F00-00A6-879F

Edit, Ok I'll have to keep the review brief, I'm really strapped for time (spent a lot of today re arranging flights and working out just... traveling is a pain basically)

Ok, Review of old leaf, I'll try keep it brief!

Ok, starting out with layout, I'm enjoying this path, it can get me everywhere, it's chunky, I like it.

I'm going to assume however, that villagers aren't in the final spots? the middle south is so crowded, and the path runs dead into houses, not around them. I don't like how different the two different tiles you're using, but I guess it still works!

I think the flowers need work, I see mostly white/red/yellow, and seeing just default color flowers, I don't know, it gives a very.... beginner look I suppose, but perhaps its just how I see it as when I come back from long breaks with the beautiful ordinance on, my towns just red/white/yellow, and it's garish. I'd say work on getting more blue black flowers, as I see you've already started on in parts. whites good too!

I love how Renes house is situated, nice use of the spot.

Rene's house is quite simple and straightforward, but it does the job and isn't cluttered, no items seem out of place . I feel like furniture placement needs a bit of work (I've sped around all houses)

The furniture's always lining the wall, with one items floating out in the floor. I can be very guilty of this too... but it just gives a bit of a stagnant feel. I do think you're good at picking pieces however, just maybe break out of the box a bit with placement.

I like that you have basically a bustling area near the cafe, with villagers homes in nice organised spots, and the two neighbour player characters.

Looking in the homes, you have nice setpiece areas (like the kotatsu with the cushions and partition in the left room of hinos house) but I feel sometimes you have these small areas that look great, concise, well put together, but then the rest of the room is a bit random and all over the place. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think your houses are by any means poorly done, I just think some rooms lack flow- but I know well myself getting that PERFECT room is really hard!

I will say, I really like the back room in hinos house.

Also- I really enjoy your characters outfits.

I think there is good potential in your town, but the insides out outside suffer some similar problems, concentratino of effort in small areas, and then things being a bit random in other areas.

Your pwps are also a little strange, only very basic starter pwps on the left of town, but unlockable, theme appropriate pwp to the right side.

Work on making everything overall a little more cohesive in the outside of town - you interiors are fine, but nothing that really knocked my socks off. I like how big and chunky the path is, but this dark asphalt breaking up the path, and well as the flowers just being well, completely random, it was a little garish to my eyes, but I think the time of day in the dream didn't help. I wouldn't mind seeing the town in a more overcast weather, or evening time. Also, I can't help but feel there's only on attraction to the whole left of the town (the campsite) and this really throws it off balance to me as a visitor. I feel theres no real reason to go everywhere, but I understand, towns aren't made with visiting in mind, they are made with playing in mind. All of this, is mainly my own preference. I can tell time has definitely gone into the interiors, but I think the outside leaves a bit to be desired.

Last edited:
Back