• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Map help!

Which map?

• The first picture map

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • The second picture map

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpookyMemes

barely active
Bells
Blue Hybrid Violet
Blue Hybrid Violet
I didn't think I would ever make this thread, but here I am. For my second town, I am looking for a town with a private beach, mainly. The plaza, Re-Tail, and the town hall aren't so important because this isn't my main, but what if I decide to reset my main (unlikely) and move to this town, I need it to look nice.

I found two towns with a great private beach, but the buildings are the issue.

IMG_4586.jpgIMG_4587.jpg

Which one do you think is better! I'm gonna make a poll so I can see the responses easier, but if you pick one town please tell me why :)

Personally, I prefer the first one. I don't like when things like Re-Tail, Town Hall, plaza, etc. are close enough to edges/river that it's hard to do much with the space in between, but not so close that the empty space stops looking awkward. Feels like those buildings would get in the way a lot more in the second map. I like that they're tucked closer to the edges in the first map, but that's just my preference.

Personally, I prefer the first one. I don't like when things like Re-Tail, Town Hall, plaza, etc. are close enough to edges/river that it's hard to do much with the space in between, but not so close that the empty space stops looking awkward. Feels like those buildings would get in the way a lot more in the second map. I like that they're tucked closer to the edges in the first map, but that's just my preference.

I like the first map also, but what bothers me is how there's a house close to the town hall. Sure, I can get whic her villager that is to move away, but I'm leaning towards the first one

IMO, #2 is better! I like how much PWP space there is, Re-Tail is near the beach, there are only two ponds, ect. The house in front of the Town Hall in #1 would drive me insane, IDK about you, though.

IMO, #2 is better! I like how much PWP space there is, Re-Tail is near the beach, there are only two ponds, ect. The house in front of the Town Hall in #1 would drive me insane, IDK about you, though.

Yeah, the house in front of the town hall is a bummer :/ I actually went with map 1, but only because this thread is like an hour old and I couldn't leave my DS on for that long waiting for responses lol. I'll just try and get the villager who lives there to move (Coach).

Yeah, the house in front of the town hall is a bummer :/ I actually went with map 1, but only because this thread is like an hour old and I couldn't leave my DS on for that long waiting for responses lol. I'll just try and get the villager who lives there to move (Coach).

Oh, well I hope you enjoy the new town! Would you feel like helping me choose as map? I have a thread exactly like your, lol)

I like them both, number one has a good layout area so you can work with it however you will. The town hall, plaza and shop is in great places and closer to the beach. Though the only thing I hate about it is the little area near the train station cause I can never find a way how to use that space up.
number two has more of an horizontal layout that helps with the public projects and house placements. I like the way the river flows as well, and they both have large, private beaches.

I honestly think map 2 is a lot nicer. Number 1 is quite nice because I think the town hall and re-tail placements are less awkward, but overall, I think map 2 is better because:

- Convenient Town Plaza, because it's near to the train station
- Ponds are in nice areas that won't get in the way. Also quite aesthetic next to the campsite
- Private beach. This isn't a good thing in everyone's book, but I like a private beach. I just think it's cool
- The villagers seem to be already plotted well (All on the lower half of the town)
- Plenty of space on the upper half of the map for PWP's and alt character's houses.
- The river is reasonably straight, which makes it easier to place houses or PWP's near to it.

Seems like the better option to me, but if I were you, I'd honestly keep trying. It might take a while, but finding something perfect is pretty important when map resetting.

Last edited:
Back