• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fashion Thread

Warrior

Ultimate Warrior
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Spring Sakura
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I apologise if this is the wrong place, but I didn't see any other threads about fashion. I think it would be nice to have a place to talk about it ^^

If people want to post OOTD I think that'd be cool, I'd also like to see things people like, and just in general hearing about what kinds of clothes people like, and how they go about putting together outfits. (mainly I think I'll be posting things I want to but but am too poor for lol)

My method for finding clothes might be kinda lame, but I draw the outfit I want first, and then I try find clothes that look like my outfit in the drawing. Here's an example

tumblr_oxvujo8cqN1u5h0x1o1_1280.png

I'm not a very confident person irl, so wearing clothes I like is kinda like my armor lol! :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

17AW-DRS-02-15.jpg

Kicking off the thread.... god I really want this dress... why do things cost money @__@

Last edited:
I like clothes that look like something that would be popular in the 80s and 90s...
9306d37606b2623bb2e4cacfd7d2b7b6--s-fashion-trends-s-fashion-ideas.jpg
rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F8cbde838-7416-463a-8182-e00842a7c72d.jpg

I also like poodle skirts. Always wanted one, but never got one...

I am like 5 kinds of goth at once, but none of them are "extreme." Like I mean 90% of my wardrobe is black, but I don't wear like, black lipstick and white face makeup everyday. (Notice I said everyday, because I do wear black lipstick.) I mostly wear skirts and dresses, I am not comfortable in pants, I think it's because in highschool I used to force my thick butt into skinny jeans and I just remember being uncomfortable every single day, and I didn't even like how they looked. Good ol peer pressure man... so now I wear skirts and dresses. I have some elements of "pastel goth" as I both love all things creepy, and all things cute. Like my adorable HolleyTeaTime dress.
8_20(1)_original.JPG
Mostly I wear a few long black skirts and then varied tops. A lot of my tops have color and then I put a black cardigan over them. I love tights with dresses and when I wear a black dress I wear any number of my colored tights. So I always try to have a POP of color somewhere at least, there are days when I go full black everything though.

I wouldn't say I'm versed in fashion or anything, I just know what I like, and I often get compliments, so I must be doing something right. I'm overweight so it's a challenge to dress myself nicely when most places only put out shapeless potato sacks for us to wear, but I scour for cute items and it's so nice finding adorable things that fit right. =D

I also like poodle skirts. Always wanted one, but never got one...

tumblr_oxwndwi3Ka1u5h0x1o1_1280.png

Ah, poodle skirts are cute... I thought about your username and poodle skirts and I had to draw her ... sorry, maybe that is a bit obnoxious.....

Also my casual clothes are pretty 90s... So all your linked images look up my alley :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am like 5 kinds of goth at once, but none of them are "extreme." Like I mean 90% of my wardrobe is black, but I don't wear like, black lipstick and white face makeup everyday. (Notice I said everyday, because I do wear black lipstick.) I mostly wear skirts and dresses, I am not comfortable in pants, I think it's because in highschool I used to force my thick butt into skinny jeans and I just remember being uncomfortable every single day, and I didn't even like how they looked. Good ol peer pressure man... so now I wear skirts and dresses. I have some elements of "pastel goth" as I both love all things creepy, and all things cute. Like my adorable HolleyTeaTime dress.
8_20(1)_original.JPG
Mostly I wear a few long black skirts and then varied tops. A lot of my tops have color and then I put a black cardigan over them. I love tights with dresses and when I wear a black dress I wear any number of my colored tights. So I always try to have a POP of color somewhere at least, there are days when I go full black everything though.

I wouldn't say I'm versed in fashion or anything, I just know what I like, and I often get compliments, so I must be doing something right. I'm overweight so it's a challenge to dress myself nicely when most places only put out shapeless potato sacks for us to wear, but I scour for cute items and it's so nice finding adorable things that fit right. =D

Cute! I love wearing dresses, but I'm very sensitive to the cold haha, it doesn't work for me... and even though I'm only 21 I have varicose veins.... I hope I can get healthy enough to wear dresses more often, I love the feel of them!

I know how you feel about skinny jeans!! I used to wear them, but eughhh, horrifying, now I love mom fit jeans, this might sound weird, buy having my belly covered up? thats a safety feel lmfao

tumblr_oxwndwi3Ka1u5h0x1o1_1280.png

Ah, poodle skirts are cute... I thought about your username and poodle skirts and I had to draw her ... sorry, maybe that is a bit obnoxious.....

Omg that is so cute what even #__#

Pretty much hippie/60s-70s retro in general as long as I can make it. I love digging for second hand and vintage stuff.

Cute! I love wearing dresses, but I'm very sensitive to the cold haha, it doesn't work for me... and even though I'm only 21 I have varicose veins.... I hope I can get healthy enough to wear dresses more often, I love the feel of them!

I know how you feel about skinny jeans!! I used to wear them, but eughhh, horrifying, now I love mom fit jeans, this might sound weird, buy having my belly covered up? thats a safety feel lmfao

Same, I mostly wear my skirts high-waisted because I feel "bare" without it? (If that makes sense.) I've been wanting to find some cute high waisted culottes and bermuda shorts, because I don't really like the tight legs of pants but I need something for when I'm going somewhere a skirt isn't a good idea... like roller coaster or anything of that nature. I mean I already wear bike shorts under my dresses in the summer when I don't want to wear tights and also don't want to flash people, but still not everything can be done in a skirt. XD

And yeah I love a few things from the 90's like for instance I can get over lace socks? I don't know if that started more in the 80's and just continued into the 90's but all my socks were lacey when i was a kid, and just recently I got a few pairs and I am IN LOVE, because I wear mary janes everyday and they're especially cute paired together. <3

Last edited:
And yeah I love a few things from the 90's like for instance I can get over lace socks? I don't know if that started more in the 80's and just continued into the 90's but all my socks were lacey when i was a kid, and just recently I got a few pairs and I am IN LOVE, because I wear mary janes everyday and they're especially cute paired together. <3

Yeah that pairing is cute and pretty 80s-90s and all over the modern times. Guess it owes some to the EGL boom as well.

Well if there is something I refuse to wear it's like biker pants/leggings under skirts and dresses. Like no I don't want to look like I have colorful/pale chicken legs.

Last edited:
i've been having a slight style change lately to a more masculine vibe (i'm a dude, but have dressed in pastel colours for about 2 years)

some days i'll wear very male stuff- navy bomber, blue skinny jeans w/ belt, boots and a man t-shirt and then others i'll wear not so male stuff- bleached distressed denim dungarees, floral overshirt, crop top and pink shoes

idk i like mixing it up a bit rn

i've been having a slight style change lately to a more masculine vibe (i'm a dude, but have dressed in pastel colours for about 2 years)

some days i'll wear very male stuff- navy bomber, blue skinny jeans w/ belt, boots and a man t-shirt and then others i'll wear not so male stuff- bleached distressed denim dungarees, floral overshirt, crop top and pink shoes

idk i like mixing it up a bit rn

Yeah, its nice to wear lots of different things to suit your moods ^^

Pink shoes are a power move though, doesn't matter who you are, pink shoes : power.

its really hard to find clothes that fit me well (since im tall and a little chubby) so i can never find cute clothes :')))
i generally just wear full pastel stuff or flannels (lesbian chic) since it works w/ my purple hair haha

my style is kinda like asian preppy style/streetwear mix w athleisure lmao idk. white sneakers is a staple in my closet and they go w everything. i tend not to bother much w shoes outside of that. i like things like pleated skirts and t-shirts (probably my main go to outfit). mostly i shop at places like stylenanda and mixmixx. for western brands i like forever 21 (altho i really hate going thru their catalog just cause there are so many items @@) and h&m. i also like asos and topshop but they're a lil pricier. lazy oaf is also cute but i rarely buy anything since they're pretty pricey as well. i've also bought stuff off ebay and aliexpress lmao those are rly hit or miss but so cheappp.

I realize this is mostly going to be about girls' fashion (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!), but I've gotten more and more interested in guys' fashion, so would you mind if I posted about that? Just trying to get this cleared up.

i have zero fashion sense xD
my closet is filled with random clothes that dont match... it goes from pastel chiffon tops (that i usually wear with leggings or black pants)

2163108_lookbook36.jpg

to men's t-shirts + sweats/jeans ;;
large.png

Last edited:
i have to dress preppy all the time because my school has a strict dress code but outside of school i mostly just wear tshirts and jeans

Yeah, its nice to wear lots of different things to suit your moods ^^

Pink shoes are a power move though, doesn't matter who you are, pink shoes : power.

I love matching my clothes with my shoes and bag making me look cooler. I also love making the bad boy rugged look whenever I go out with my friends it sets me apart frombeing the geeky nerd stereotype.

I realize this is mostly going to be about girls' fashion (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!), but I've gotten more and more interested in guys' fashion, so would you mind if I posted about that? Just trying to get this cleared up.

I’m sure nobody would mind! Personally I’d be really curious to see what looks appeal to you, since it’s still less common for guys to care as much about finding their own style!

hopping on this thread... I love shiny shoes (like silver, holo) and leather skirts. It's hard to work those two without looking like Im going to a festival or I'm trying to beat someone up, so I try to pair them with loudly colored shirts or loose chiffon blouses.
I feel I come off looking like a great shiny train wreck but eh, who cares :)

This thread is for everyone ^^

I like guys and girls fashion, I like designing outfits to draw and stuff, so I'm not only interested in what I persoanlly would wear, so post away!

Back