• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you think people should be a bit nicer in Brewsters?

Should people in Brewster's try to be a lil' nicer?

• Total voters
I can understand debating; but let's be real there are certain people that you can't debate with.

Certain religions want to *kill* gay people, or they view gay people as a mistake, a crime against God. You can't debate that. You *shouldn't* debate that. They are wrong. End of discussion, full stop.

I wouldn't blame any whole religion but rather the people individually.
You can always choose what parts of any religious scriptures you want to follow (which religious homophobes prove time and time again) as well as choose to not follow a religion at all.

I wouldn't blame any whole religion but rather the people individually.
You can always choose what parts of any religious scriptures you want to follow (which religious homophobes prove time and time again) as well as choose to not follow a religion at all.

That's fair.

I'll reword.

Certain religious people want to *kill* gay people, or they view gay people as a mistake, a crime against God. You can't debate that. You *shouldn't* debate that. They are wrong. End of discussion, full stop.

How about we change topic here? Hmmm
OMG BRITISH MEMBERS DID YOU SEE THE SKY YESTERDAY
Might of only been in my area, nvm

I'm also just gonna put this here, a major thing here that I hate the forums for, and I'm having so much trouble with:

aggressive lgbt people. That's it.

When I first came to this site, I only went through the animal crossing sections of the site. I thought everyone here was nice and cuddly, and nobody was mean. I did lots of trades and stuff and this place made me happy. From the good experiences I have had here before, I wanted to return, so I did.

This time, as I was more of an official member, I decided to look through the other parts of the forum. I looked through here. What's your favourite food, What do you look like, etc. etc....looked nice.

Then there were political threads. One about abortion. I didn't really like abortion, so I just said that, and got attacked. Big fight the whole day, I got put down a lot. But I still stayed here. It wasn't that bad, there were others who also didn't like abortion.

Then comes the lgbt part. A thread named "are you straight?". I said yes, someone else says "straights are scary", I ask why, and then a big list of things like "they kill us and we are scared and we don't have equal rights." Ok I understand. I say "I know, but there isn't much to do since there are people in the world who hate lgbt, but I guess you'd need to do your best to be with supportive people and stay safe, maybe America will support you more, kinda supporting already, blah blah" and then flame war.

People are like "you don't know what it's like", "we are getting killed y'know", "you better not put that opinion here", etc....

Now, a user here (you probably know but I won't say names) is quite aggressive with their opinions and thoughts, and are quite mean when someone says a small thing. I found them quite annoying and rude, especially when someone isn't even being rude and they give hate to them. I was looking through threads, and I saw people ACTUALLY telling them that they are aggressive and rude, their statements aren't valid, etc.

Seeing that flame war made me...kinda happy. (tell me I'm disgusting I know)

Now, BEFORE you start arguing with me, read this:

You don't see me saying "eww lgbt is disgusting and horrible the worst thing ever", do you? Guess what? My family is exactly like that. EXACTLY. They definitely hate lgbt, against it at all means. Obviously inside, as a part of the family, I don't like it either. I admit. I am admitting the truth. On this humble forum, I'm just trying to show respect to the users that are lgbt because I don't want to hurt peoples feelings. I know more that half of the people here aren't straight. Are you grateful of how I wasn't showing complete disrespect towards you?

But, sadly....all I got in the end, was hate. Hate hate hate. More and more and...more.

Being nice to lgbt+already disliking it inside+lgbt supporters hating me=lgbt is quite bad.

Basically, you guys kinda showed me that the community is full of people who are aggressive and only want their way 100%. It sucks, really.

(I reworded a lot of things I said in this, for the sake of my sanity. Sorry to the nice lgbt people.)

Ok, now tell me if I should leave the site or not. Tell me if I'm too horrible here because I want to know if you guys even care about me anymore.

Also, if you're gonna argue, I'm not gonna respond. I'm tired of fights.
youre literally asking so . i think you should leave if you cant take being disagreed with, every time you write in a discussion thread you go all "im so hated on this forum, everyone hates me and i should leave" and if thats how you feel maybe you should leave. you cant expect people to love you forever when you say negative things about people and things that are important to them. writing sad posts about how hated you are to make yourself look like a victim doesnt achieve anything.
so if you truly feel so attacked and hated and bullied maybe you shouldnt stay bc it doesnt seem like youre getting a bunch of Joy out of this place and youre constantly talking about leaving

also lmao youre funny, you keep saying that youre not homophobic and transphopic and then you literally write "Being nice to lgbt+already disliking it inside+lgbt supporters hating me=lgbt is quite bad."
recieving negative comments for saying offensive things isnt the same as being hated

I think people should grow up and stop being nits.

If you dont like LGBT people (Not LGBTS, that isn't possible) avoid LGBT related threads, you tend to be ignorant people so you should EDUCATE yourself before typing because you will be the "victim" of angry people who have to deal with people like you all the time. It's annoying and you will never understand. So shut up and learn about what you're talking before you talk about it.

If you don't like politics dont involve yourself in those threads, you are in control of your hands and you are the one who taps into those threads. Not your Grandma, I usually see these people who are like "Oh boy, another one of these threads I'm just going to sit here and whine about it because I can. Even though I could avoid the thread but no, that's too simple. I want my voice to be heard because I'm a hero"

If you dont want to be around rude people block users and report them, and avoid Brewsters because it helps. We will never get rid of those people, so we have to tolerate them. It's just the way it is online and in real life.

I also want to note those people who form little groups to make people miserable. Using your identity as an excuse to bully or harass people is really awful especially when you target people who are uneducated about what they are talking about, educate them and if you can't succeed then move on. They typically go after young teens (not intentionally, it wouldnt be okay if it was an adult but attacking children is far worse) who are uneducated about LGBT+ people (typically because of their Parents) and those people who go after these CHILDREN are ADULTS and usually the same people. I have a problem with these people because they are just plain nasty and represent their communities appallingly, shameful because they are hypocritical bullies. You think you're righteous heroes because you claim to "want equality and acceptance" when you are doing things which have the opposite effect. You may be around 20 something but you certainly have more growing up to do, sugar. Even if it is unrelated to LGBT+ issues you still attack people about their race, calling me a "whiny white boy from Tumblr" is really ugh. Like why mention that at all? Why can't I just be a "whiny boy from Tumblr"? (Which is both untrue and ironic because they whine all the time, lmao)

I'm gay/asexul btw and I have never used that as an excuse to attack someone, I have pm'd people to say, "hey, this was kinda rude and here's why...." Being civil is not hard at all and explaining things to uneducated people is both rewarding (if they learn and accept) and mature.

This is just my take on how people can avoid rude people and the people we should probably avoid. I'll continue being rude to these people or I will just ignore them. :)

End of rant, don't bother replying if it isn't nice. Lmao.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm trying to make a point here and make people understand how they look to other people. You damage this forum really badly which is a shame.

Yes, I think people (even though they may just be making a joke) should take into consideration that other people could read it and see it as you being serious and get offended by it. Not everyone will find it funny especially if it's on a touchy subject and just because they do get upset doesn't mean "they can't take a joke". Some people get dragged through hell and back daily because of religion, being transgender, race, sexual orientation, etc. and they come on here to be in their own little world only to have that ruined when they see opinion based threads like "Thoughts on Transgenders" (etc. etc.) and see it has gotten out of hand with jokes.

Or people make just make those comments to start up some drama because they are so unsatisfied with their own, dull lives that they need attention in order to feel like people actually notice that they're there.

Sorry for ranting I'm just not satisfied with how people behave online.
I guess if anyone makes any jokes or are being serious you can always report them and add them to your ignored list

How about we change topic here? Hmmm
OMG BRITISH MEMBERS DID YOU SEE THE SKY YESTERDAY
Might of only been in my area, nvm

Same, the sky was ****ed... it was yellow and the sun was red lmfao. Shame it didn't last longer tbh

Same, the sky was ****ed... it was yellow and the sun was red lmfao. Shame it didn't last longer tbh

Same, I was at school at the time so I couldn't take a pic ><
Need to make a thread about this now

Last edited:
I feel like I'm content with the way the site is, but some threads definitely do get out of hand. I'm not going to lie though, I do my best to avoid drama on here.

I don't really care if people are nice or whatever, especially if it's in a heated debate. What matters to me is what's coming out on that keyboard.

People should just stop being *******s. No need to be nice 24/7, just don't be a douche.

TBT's definition of "bully and attack" is often "call me out on my bull****" and sorry but since I don't really know who you are I don't really have an opinion on your reply.

Also it's not marginalized peoples' obligation to coddle bigots so. there's that.

Basically this is how threads on this hellsite constantly go:

OP: I hate black people. What do you guys think about them?
Black person: You're a racist jerk and this thread is terrible
OP and everyone else: Um wow you know I didn't have a problem with black people before but since you can't handle this civilly i hate all black people you are all such cruel and nasty bullies I hope you die
*Thread locked, black person is banned*

(This is a generalization since I didn't want to use an actual example ofc but yeah!)

oh. my. god.

ive been reading your posts from several threads and i just gotta get this off my chest: you are the most woke out of anyone ive ever seen on this website. kudos to you. you get it. and your literally the only other user on this website ive seen actively speak out against racism, particularly anti-black racism. i see alot of other users here exclude the topic of racism from their posts when they speak out against discrimination, or erase racial related things when they label down the list of the opressed..

back to the topic, i agree. alot of these discussions about "why can't everyone be nice to each other?" when it comes to certain political threads comes off as the softer version of trumps "blame both sides" on charlottsville.

when you got one side rooting for the deaths and oppression and anti-human rights, and another side protesting against hatred and insist that they should be treated to the same standard of the priviliged. you cant just come in and say "lets all respect and accept each other's opinions!" that dosen't make you the mediator.

your telling the ones that want human rights, that they need to accept and respect the opinions that they will be treated horribly by racist whites, anti-lgbt straight/cis, anti-muslims in america, and move on. your telling them that they need to stop having resentment for the ones that do them wrong because being angry over being mistreated is somehow just as bad as the angry person that mistreats others.

your telling the ones that are anti-human rights for *insert minority*. "your opinion that these people should be killed, treated lesser than human, is valid and respected, because its your opinion. you can accept that these oppressed people will stand in the street with signs up, but know that they will be shot down and tear-gassed by the authority, and the white supremist militia that is on your side."

its all under the disguise of "but im just trying to be good and stay out of it."

another thing to touch upon: how to tell when someone is lying to you about themselves. for someone to say "im not racist, im not homophic, im against discrimination" yet still supports actions and words of people, organizations, or laws that stand for somethat that completley contradict. "im against discrimination." yet they say something like "gays are the anti-christ in my religion, but im not homophobic." THEY LYIN'

oh. my. god.

ive been reading your posts from several threads and i just gotta get this off my chest: you are the most woke out of anyone ive ever seen on this website. kudos to you. you get it

Omg thanks I am now officially #woke bless your soul. I try my best

Also gonna repeat you on this:

another thing to touch upon: how to tell when someone is lying to you about themselves. for someone to say "im not racist, im not homophic, im against discrimination" yet still supports actions and words of people, organizations, or laws that stand for somethat that completley contradict. "im against discrimination." yet they say something like "gays are the anti-christ in my religion, but im not homophobic." THEY LYIN'

I was going to avoid mentioning this since it was edited but I'm looking right at those of you coming into a thread literally about being nice and polite but then straight up posting "LGBT people are spoiled brats", as well as defending it and even laughing about it. I guess it's only uncivil and mean and aggressive or whatever we're calling it when marginalized groups & minorities say something... alright...

This is what I mean when I've been saying "It depends on your definition of being nice" btw. Is it mean to call out behaviour like this, but not mean to make those posts in the first place? Because if so then my answer to this thread would be no.

Last edited:
this is a forum on a kids game so when i see threads about sensitive issues it just doesn't feel like the right place. especially with negativity that might follow. i think discussions and stuff are okay but when people start debating and arguing and all that nonsense comes up it's just... let's stop now lol. i know there are a **** ton of opinions on here that i dont agree with and might be overall ignorant/hurtful but i just.. i think we should try to not Start anything or try to argue w/ ppl we disagree with because thats when all the problems arise. overall, like i said in the beginning, i just don't feel like an ac forum is the place for all that debate. that's all i'm really getting at tbh.

thats my opinion.

also this is just a personal thing but i like, really really hate it when ppl are passive aggressive esp when responding to discourse-ridden threads because it only really feels like you're throwing more gasoline to the flames and making way for more ppl to get mad. idk if i worded that right really, i just feel like being passive aggressive easily gets people to respond and keep the debates going. idk if its like that for everyone but thats how i feel towards it, i've always hated it when my friends irl are passive aggressive lol

back to the topic, i agree. alot of these discussions about "why can't everyone be nice to each other?" when it comes to certain political threads comes off as the softer version of trumps "blame both sides" on charlottesville.

This may be unnecessary because I?m not sure whether I?m one of the people coming across to you that way, but it was important enough for me to clarify just in case.

Whenever I say respect needs to come from both sides, I?m thinking of someone voicing an opinion based on lack of awareness or at worst ignorance. Once someone says that they ?hate x people? or that ?x people don?t deserve the same rights? that person has already shown disrespect, no matter how politely they?ve said it. I?d never expect anyone to coddle them.

And again, aggressive opposition is justified and necessary in many situations. I was just pointing out that attacking someone for a minor (often unintentional) offense will not lead to a change in their behavior

when you got one side rooting for the deaths and oppression and anti-human rights, and another side protesting against hatred and insist that they should be treated to the same standard of the priviliged. you cant just come in and say "lets all respect and accept each other's opinions!" that dosen't make you the mediator.

your telling the ones that want human rights, that they need to accept and respect the opinions that they will be treated horribly by racist whites, anti-lgbt straight/cis, anti-muslims in america, and move on. your telling them that they need to stop having resentment for the ones that do them wrong because being angry over being mistreated is somehow just as bad as the angry person that mistreats others.

your telling the ones that are anti-human rights for *insert minority*. "your opinion that these people should be killed, treated lesser than human, is valid and respected, because its your opinion. you can accept that these oppressed people will stand in the street with signs up, but know that they will be shot down and tear-gassed by the authority, and the white supremist militia that is on your side."

I hate to say but I disagree with this. Yes, I acknowledge that the Neo-Nazis, KKK, and other white supremacists are bad (as I would not support them), but violence is not okay under all circumstances, whether if it's done by the left or the right. Neither is rude behavior or fighting on the forums. Of course the Neo-Nazis and white nationalists are the bad guys, but if they're being highly offensive on any forum, just report their posts and move on. Fighting back will make you just as bad. I don't care if the respondents are frustrated. Flaming is not acceptable at all on public forums, and violence is not acceptable in civil society. Not only that, but some of the groups that got violent because of injustice or Trump's election, they are fighting against the law, against the market economic system, against constitutional values like the freedom of speech, and against social norms. They're not really fighting against injustice or fascists. Even if they were, violence is still not acceptable. I think they have been getting violent because of how desperate they have gotten, but by doing this, it will get others being violent as well, which will continue dividing us apart.

And gyro, I may have not got along with you, but you are right that just because some people of one group are being rude doesn't mean they can stop respecting the group as a whole. I made this mistake several times when it comes to describing liberals. Even so, it's never right to judge an entire group because of one person. It's only the person being rude, not the group as a whole. So when you got mad at someone being judgemental over one group because of one person, you are right. But then again, it's the internet that is full of mean people. If you met people in person, they wouldn't be as rude.

n trust me i totally get wanting and trying to defend your beliefs and call ppl out for bigotedness. i appreciate those who do it bc i for one am afraid of confrontation lmao. but yeah i think its our own personal responsibility to not let our emotions get the most of us when participating in these debates and trying to stay as civil as possible.

Back