• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you think people should be a bit nicer in Brewsters?

Should people in Brewster's try to be a lil' nicer?

• Total voters
Also, on another note. The user who was spamming about Totino's Pizza Rolls was starting to be pretty annoying. I thought it was a prank, but then it kept going and going. Now I see someone called "Tommy the Totino's Boy" voted in this poll. What has happend to you Bell Tree? :p Poor forum

Last edited:
Also, on another note. The user who was spamming about Totino's Pizza Rolls was starting to be pretty annoying. I thought it was a prank, but then it kept going and going. Now I see someone called "Tommy the Totino's Boy" voted in this poll. What has happend to you Bell Tree? :p Poor forum

It's ok they're already banned :)

Please no arguments, I want this to be a nice reminder to everyone.

People can discuss things as long as there is no hating or prejudice.

I would like for this thread to not have either of the above, thanks.

I don't have any malice against anyone here dw it's just like

I don't wanna sound like a Back In My Day old man but there are certain people here who have started "debate" threads or made controversial comments 100% on purpose (even planning it out with their friends beforehand) for years so when people get pissed at these same people over and over again it's just like, well, 0 surprise there.

Basically what I'm saying is it's a much bigger issue than "Should people be nicer" and that this also should be kept in mind about the creators of certain threads themselves rather than focusing solely on peoples' replies. A lot of people can come across as innocent ignorants but a lot of the time that isn't the case.

Yes, this is a lovely game about cute animals and making friends. Don't corrupt it. Mature discussions are okay as long as they are kept civil.

On another note, I thought you meant Brewster's in the game about first and got confused. Whoops.

i tend to get pissed off about issues i care about and tend to go off on people, so i should honestly try and calm down before posting haha. however i do agree with gyro on the grounds that when people who are actually affected by these issues speak out (even if its agressively) tend to be the ones getting banned and shut down by people. i also think that people should really research before making threads, and making sure they know what they are posting about before posting. eg the thread about trans children transitioning. by the looks of it the OP meant medically, but it wasn't specific so it caused confusion eventually leading to threads being locked.
i also think that the mods should be better at handling these situations? like i appreciate the work they do to this forum such as stepping in when neccessary and banning people, but more warnings should be handed out for people who are notorious for hateful behaviour (eg, if somebody said "i think gay people should all die", the post should be removed and the user should get a warning, at the very least). also i think if a thread is locked (unless its a troll thread) a post should be made explaining why its locked from a mods pov.

tdlr if "being nice" means not standing up for yourself, then no. but if it means having respect for people, then yes.

Last edited:
I don't have any malice against anyone here dw it's just like

I don't wanna sound like a Back In My Day old man but there are certain people here who have started "debate" threads or made controversial comments 100% on purpose (even planning it out with their friends beforehand) for years so when people get pissed at these same people over and over again it's just like, well, 0 surprise there.

Basically what I'm saying is it's a much bigger issue than "Should people be nicer" and that this also should be kept in mind about the creators of certain threads themselves rather than focusing solely on peoples' replies. A lot of people can come across as innocent ignorants but a lot of the time that isn't the case.
I understand what you mean. But I think realistically it is the issue of people SHOULD be nicer. I mean, if everyone was as nice as possible, there would be no more conflict, poor judement, and war. I know some people tend to create topics that can spread hate deliberatly, and that isn't appropiate to do, especially here. Though it is the responsiblity of the commenters with what they post. It's like saying if someone stole a game from you, you should start being angry and mean to them, because they made you feel upset. It's wrong no matter what. What you do is your reponsibility. I think the people who start the arguments should also take responsiblity though. I know as well that sometimes people can be hurt by what others say, and it is perfectly understandble how they feel and react. But that doesn't mean it is necessarily the best course of action.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a lovely game about cute animals and making friends. Don't corrupt it. Mature discussions are okay as long as they are kept civil.

On another note, I thought you meant Brewster's in the game about first and got confused. Whoops.

Yeah Brewster gets a bit intense with that coffee sometimes

I'LL LET IT COOL IF I WANT TO GEEZ

Last edited:
That totino person was driving me crazy.
Also why can't we all just relax by playing video games?
Life is (kinda...not really) simple!!!!
And omg, DID 4 PEOPLE POST AT THE SAME TIME WTH

Last edited:
Yeah Brewster gets a bit intense with that coffee sometimes

I'LL LET IT COOL IF I WANT TO GEEZ

Try messing up the Resetti brothers coffee if you wanna see intense. lol

That totino person was driving me crazy.
Also why can't we all just relax by playing video games?
Life is (kinda...not really) simple!!!!
And omg, DID 4 PEOPLE POST AT THE SAME TIME WTH

yeah in all honesty its cool to edit ur avi and sig to be like I LOVE TOTINOS!!! but to keep making spam threads about it then...

I think its ok as is. I moreso wish people didn't derail threads.

"I don't like this thread, it's uncomfortable"
"*overused meme derailing the topic*"

These things are more annoying than pure snark to me. I don't mind people disagreeing, it's just annoying when people think everything needs to be about them all the time.

i tend to get pissed off about issues i care about and tend to go off on people, so i should honestly try and calm down before posting haha. however i do agree with gyro on the grounds that when people who are actually affected by these issues speak out (even if its agressively) tend to be the ones getting banned and shut down by people. i also think that people should really research before making threads, and making sure they know what they are posting about before posting. eg the thread about trans children transitioning. by the looks of it the OP meant medically, but it wasn't specific so it caused confusion eventually leading to threads being locked.
i also think that the mods should be better at handling these situations? like i appreciate the work they do to this forum such as stepping in when neccessary and banning people, but more warnings should be handed out for people who are notorious for hateful behaviour (eg, if somebody said "i think gay people should all die", the post should be removed and the user should get a warning, at the very least). also i think if a thread is locked (unless its a troll thread) a post should be made explaining why its locked from a mods pov.

tdlr if "being nice" means not standing up for yourself, then no. but if it means having respect for people, then yes.
It is good to stand up for justice and good morals. Being nice basically means calm, respectful, and trying to sort out differences in a peaceful way.

The problem is, if the admins tried to do that, they may end up banning the people you seem to defend. Aka, those fusterated by the topics and negativity, albeit them also sometimes getting too out of hand (like everyone else can). It is hard for admins to read throug tons of pages, trying their best to figure out what's going on. You can't blame them for it, compared to other sites, they are doing a good as heck job here.

Hopefully people will be more considerate and thoughtful when creating threads in the future.

I'm gonna be vague as hell here to not namedrop and gossip but "slightly misinformed person" is inaccurate and as a sidenote: "transgender" itself is an adjective so the correct phrasing would be "transgender person" or "trans person"

I've gotten my example from being on this site longer than I'd have liked to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also this

"I've gotten my example from being on this site longer than I'd have liked to."

I mean you could leave. Not that hard.

----

I agree that people should be a bit nicer but it's hard when so many people suck and think that their better than everyone. If you confront them they act like they are the victim when they are the perpetrator, they don't get banned so their behaviour doesn't get any better.

They usually are the staff's little buddies so they never get banned (don't care if the staff denies it, we have biases but these people in particular never seem to be banned despite continuously acting like bullies) and what really irks me is that these bullies are usually young adults picking on children who aren't fully educated on many things so don't tell me/ask me to be nice to them because I won't. :D

It is good to stand up for justice and good morals. Being nice basically means calm, respectful, and trying to sort out differences in a peaceful way.

The problem is, if the admins tried to do that, they may end up banning the people you seem to defend. Aka, those fusterated by the topics and negativity, albeit them also sometimes getting too out of hand (like everyone else can). It is hard for admins to read throug tons of pages, trying their best to figure out what's going on. You can't blame them for it, compared to other sites, they are doing a good as heck job here.

Hopefully people will be more considerate and thoughtful when creating threads in the future.

im pretty sure the mods wouldnt ban people without considerable proof that this is repeated behaviour ? like i feel for most people once they get a warning or an infraction they'll stop
eg, if u post smth thats against the rules, and u get a warning for it, u know for next time not to do it, right?

Back