• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you think people should be a bit nicer in Brewsters?

Should people in Brewster's try to be a lil' nicer?

• Total voters

MorphiGalaxi

Apple 🍎
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0564-1162-9430
Bee Plush
Dino Plush
Clownfish Plush
Chocolate Cake
Sheep Plush
Hot Feather
Cool Feather
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
I was just looking through some threads here and noticed it's the main place TBTF can get nasty at all. So I think while posting here we should all try to be as polite as possible. This thread is to help remind eachother what this place is all about. Animal Crossing, Art, Gaming, and Acceptence.
Thanks!~

Last edited:
403.jpg

and ehh i guess but its understandable to get heated when someone says certain things about something you really care about

I feel terrible that I misclicked on my vote. Oh well, I guess what I think about this is obvious from the fact of me creating this post xD

from the trans thread i saw a prime example of this
its a shame how people can be so nasty

I think we could all stand to agree with "Wheaton's Law" (aka don't be a jerk). Discussions get heated and usually I find it's better to sit it out once I get irritated or angry, before coming back to make my point or just rejoining a discussion.

I wish the world can get nicer too, not just this forum. But yes, I’ve seen enough drama.

Honestly? I think the main issue is letting threads debating LGBT/race/etc issues exist in the first place. A lot of users on here don't take 5 seconds to google things before starting a whole mess about them. Not to mention a lot of users aren't in any position to talk about these issues in the first place, and coincidentally those are always the people starting these threads.

When you look at the people who get heated in those types of threads and get called "nasty" and "passive aggressive" (even though if they were passive aggressive they wouldn't be talking directly to you in the first place, lmao), it's always the people who've had to deal with transphobic/homophobic/racist/whatever comments on here for years and I don't blame them at all for being upset and fed up.

Honestly? I think the main issue is letting threads debating LGBT/race/etc issues exist in the first place. A lot of users on here don't take 5 seconds to google things before starting a whole mess about them. Not to mention a lot of users aren't in any position to talk about these issues in the first place, and coincidentally those are always the people starting these threads.

When you look at the people who get heated in those types of threads and get called "nasty" and "passive aggressive" (even though if they were passive aggressive they wouldn't be talking directly to you in the first place, lmao), it's always the people who've had to deal with transphobic/homophobic/racist/whatever comments on here for years and I don't blame them at all for being upset and fed up.

just because you have dealed with issues in the past ... it doesnt give you the right to be a bully and attack others ... its as if youre saying " ive experienced bad situations but now im going to create more myself "
i just dont think its a good mindset is all ...

however i do agree that people should conduct more research before making a thread on a sensitive topic, youre right ... however it's better to just tell them calmly rather than start arguments ToT

hope im not upsetting you, i just wish everyone could get along [^~^]

I totally think we should try to be more agreeable (myself included). I feel bad for whoever had to wake up/come home from work and immediately ban and lock threads and stuff. That's no fun. unless you enjoy that kind of thing @bustin

I totally agree. I honestly think we should accept other people's opinions.
Also, people are getting banned left right centre?????? I only went for a shower, then saw three people banned.
We should all try to be a bit more civilized.

just because you have dealed with issues in the past ... it doesnt give you the right to be a bully and attack others ... its as if youre saying " ive experienced bad situations but now im going to create more myself "
i just dont think its a good mindset is all ...

however i do agree that people should conduct more research before making a thread on a sensitive topic, youre right ... however it's better to just tell them calmly rather than start arguments ToT

hope im not upsetting you, i just wish everyone could get along [^~^]

TBT's definition of "bully and attack" is often "call me out on my bull****" and sorry but since I don't really know who you are I don't really have an opinion on your reply.

Also it's not marginalized peoples' obligation to coddle bigots so. there's that.

Basically this is how threads on this hellsite constantly go:

OP: I hate black people. What do you guys think about them?
Black person: You're a racist jerk and this thread is terrible
OP and everyone else: Um wow you know I didn't have a problem with black people before but since you can't handle this civilly i hate all black people you are all such cruel and nasty bullies I hope you die
*Thread locked, black person is banned*

(This is a generalization since I didn't want to use an actual example ofc but yeah!)

Honestly? I think the main issue is letting threads debating LGBT/race/etc issues exist in the first place. A lot of users on here don't take 5 seconds to google things before starting a whole mess about them. Not to mention a lot of users aren't in any position to talk about these issues in the first place, and coincidentally those are always the people starting these

I strongly disagree with this. While some threads may be opened by someone ignorant, I think they offer a good opportunity for those more knowledgeable to speak up and clarify a topic. For every nasty comment I?ve seen at least a handful of users respond with respect and understanding.

There?s also a vast difference between someone wanting to stir up trouble and someone genuinely misinformed. Forums like this are a good place to learn how to deal with both types of people, as well as reflect on your own opinions and values

Let's not derail the thread, it would suck to have to close another one today.

Oh god that would be quite the irony.
this is what we all mean by civilisation

There’s also a vast difference between someone wanting to stir up trouble and someone genuinely misinformed.

I agree there but believe me 90% of the time the drama's started with someone who's wanted to start The Nonsense and The Nonsense inevitably happens.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Let's not derail the thread, it would suck to have to close another one today.

CLOSE THEM ALL TOMATHY

TBT's definition of "bully and attack" is often "call me out on my bull****" and sorry but since I don't really know who you are I don't really have an opinion on your reply.

Also it's not marginalized peoples' obligation to coddle bigots so. there's that.

Basically this is how threads on this hellsite constantly go:

OP: I hate black people. What do you guys think about them?
Black person: You're a racist jerk and this thread is terrible
OP and everyone else: Um wow you know I didn't have a problem with black people before but since you can't handle this civilly i hate all black people you are all such cruel and nasty bullies I hope you die
*Thread locked, black person is banned*

(This is a generalization since I didn't want to use an actual example ofc but yeah!)

well heres how the thread today went

slightly misinformed person: what do you think about this and whats your opinion?
everyone: says opinion
transgendered person: gets a bit too aggressive
people: youre being too aggressive

also i have no idea where you got your example from ... tbh the main threads on this forum are just " do you eat mints " and stuff

slightly misinformed person: what do you think about this and whats your opinion?

also i have no idea where you got your example from ... tbh the main threads on this forum are just " do you eat mints " and stuff

Well they used a generalization. Not an example.

I'm gonna be vague as hell here to not namedrop and gossip but "slightly misinformed person" is inaccurate and as a sidenote: "transgender" itself is an adjective so the correct phrasing would be "transgender person" or "trans person"

I've gotten my example from being on this site longer than I'd have liked to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well they used a generalization. Not an example.

Also this

Please no arguments, I want this to be a nice reminder to everyone.

People can discuss things as long as there is no hating or prejudice.

I would like for this thread to not have either of the above, thanks.

Last edited:
Ye, why are people doing the opposite to the title????
Human beings confuse me.
I like being a Dedenne.

Back