• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Need some help with villager advice

Should I keep Stitches?

• Total voters

Sloom

sherb
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2591-2333-2046
Island
Comatose
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
So, my town is going to be starry, nighttime and sleepy kind of theme, and this was my original villager plan (Also, please don't judge me, I made it in MS Paint, it's bad I know just go away plsty)

villager layout.jpg

But I was wondering what I should do with Stitches. He does fit with the theme perfectly, acting as a teddy bear for you to cuddle up to...

The problem is, I am obsessed with Kiki, the black cat villager. She kind of sort of fits with the theme? But not as much as stitches does. I haven't had her in a town for so long, and I miss her like hell.

So, should I replace Stitches with Kiki or keep Stitches? Bear in mind that I do not have either of these villagers yet, so it doesn't matter about their rarity.

I didn't take the poll, because my choice would be to get both Kiki and Stitches.

As you said, Stitches works with your theme, because he is a cuddly teddy bear (and cute as a button, to boot!), but I also think Kiki would work, both because of her coloring (nighttime) and personality. It looks as though you have 3 normal sheep, so I'd sub one out for Kiki.

The only way that wouldn't work is if you have your heart set on all the sheep. Either way, I think your town will be cute and sweet. :)

I didn't take the poll, because my choice would be to get both Kiki and Stitches.

As you said, Stitches works with your theme, because he is a cuddly teddy bear (and cute as a button, to boot!), but I also think Kiki would work, both because of her coloring (nighttime) and personality. It looks as though you have 3 normal sheep, so I'd sub one out for Kiki.

The only way that wouldn't work is if you have your heart set on all the sheep. Either way, I think your town will be cute and sweet. :)

Well, I think it would be kind of jarring if I removed any more than 2 sheep from my town, as I was trying to convey the whole counting sheep to fall asleep thing, so I was even guilty about removing 2. I'll definitely consider it though.

My opinion might be biased since I don't like either cat villagers in general and Stitches... but I'd say to add in another sheep. You can have both in another town if you have a second one :)
If you don't want another sheep, maybe have a second star related villager so that Julian won't be the only one? I'd recommend Ruby :)

My opinion might be biased since I don't like either cat villagers in general and Stitches... but I'd say to add in another sheep. You can have both in another town if you have a second one :)
If you don't want another sheep, maybe have a second star related villager so that Julian won't be the only one? I'd recommend Ruby :)

Yeah, that'd probably be the best idea, no heartbreak then lol. Also, unfortunately, I don't have another town and don't really plan to get another one for quite a long time, but that would kind of be a good solution, so maybe I should go buy a second cartridge and fill it with black villagers to go with Kiki. Or something Kiki themed.

SHEEEEEEEEP!

The sleepy sheepy town sounds super cute, and I want to live there. I love the sheep so much!

Last edited:
SHEEEEEEEEP!

The sleepy sheepy town sounds super cute, and I want to live there. I love the sheep so much!

Ikr! I can't wait to get started on the villagers, the problem is I'm having issues with plot resetting, which is why I decided to ask this now, before I get started and it gets complicated. Sheep are the cutest and it's thanks to some geniuses on an older thread I made that came up with the idea of making it a sheep filled town!

Ikr! I can't wait to get started on the villagers, the problem is I'm having issues with plot resetting, which is why I decided to ask this now, before I get started and it gets complicated. Sheep are the cutest and it's thanks to some geniuses on an older thread I made that came up with the idea of making it a sheep filled town!

do you have your town canvassed in paths? it can block everything off where you don't want them to plant!

do you have your town canvassed in paths? it can block everything off where you don't want them to plant!

Yes! I completely covered my town in paths, APART from where I want my villagers to go, I have tried many things, like leaving a door space, moving it further away from the river as to make sure they weren't too close to it. Now they are at least 3 spaces away from anything that would block them from being a house, and I even tested one of my amiibos in a completely safe area and it still didn't work, I also tested to make sure I didn't leave any gaps in my QR paths, and one of the villagers moved in outside of my house, so it isn't that either.

I don't see the problem, but I'll be looking at some guides soon to see where I've gone wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, thinking of replacing Vesta with Frita, just to keep more of a personality variety

Yes! I completely covered my town in paths, APART from where I want my villagers to go, I have tried many things, like leaving a door space, moving it further away from the river as to make sure they weren't too close to it. Now they are at least 3 spaces away from anything that would block them from being a house, and I even tested one of my amiibos in a completely safe area and it still didn't work, I also tested to make sure I didn't leave any gaps in my QR paths, and one of the villagers moved in outside of my house, so it isn't that either.

I don't see the problem, but I'll be looking at some guides soon to see where I've gone wrong.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, thinking of replacing Vesta with Frita, just to keep more of a personality variety

That's really odd. And Frita is the hamburger queen so you should for sure do that. I dream of french fries all the time. <3

That's really odd. And Frita is the hamburger queen so you should for sure do that. I dream of french fries all the time. <3

Lol yeah, she's the closest to a lazy sheep I can get haha.
They should really make a lazy nighttime themed sheep in the next game!

Still torn on what to do and the poll is almost completely tied! Looking for some more votes! Thanks :)

I think you should go with all sheep, honestly. If not, Stitches is another close option. (I never knew willow looked so darn cute!) I can't wait until your town is done and you make a DA, if you plan to even do that, because so far it looks like it's going to be good!

I think you should go with all sheep, honestly. If not, Stitches is another close option. (I never knew willow looked so darn cute!) I can't wait until your town is done and you make a DA, if you plan to even do that, because so far it looks like it's going to be good!

Yeah! I'm pretty excited. Although it's probably going to take forever since I don't play AC nearly as much as I used to! But I would like to make this town the best I can make it, and that's going to start with me working out how to actually put villagers where you want them to go x.x

Voted for Kiki. She's my most favorite villager of all time.

Back