• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Please help me decide on a dragon

Which dragon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
NaNoWriMo is coming up next month, and like a lot of other participants, I try to come up with some rewards for finishing (other than having a story, because that's going to take a year or so of extra work to make presentable). I had chosen some dragon figurines this year, but think they will make good 10K rewards instead of a final one. I was browsing Etsy and found someone who makes small dragons that can perch on your shoulder (or just sit on a chair/bed). There are two that I really love and can't decide, so I'd like some input.

The cinnamon/black dragon has a body that is reptile print and velvet wings. The gold dragon is all velvet. The body is a tie-dye of gold/bronze/grey and the wings are gold. They're both the same size (roughly 20" from nose to tail and a 16" wingspan) and are the same price, so that isn't a determining factor.

cinnamon.jpg

gold.jpg

If I could, I'd get both, but my bank account won't allow that, so I need to choose.

Last edited:
I really like the gold one, but I prefer the colors and texture variety of the cinnamon and black :3

i really like the gold one, the cinnamon and black (to me at least) looks like they just glued some spare wings on to it

I instantly agreed with Himeki when I saw it, in fact I didn't even realise those were wings, I thought they were some sort of glove, but I looked past it since the gold one just looks kind of tacky to me.

They both looking good, but I prefer the cinnamon/black dragon a little bit more then the gold one.

it could just be the photo quality, but the scales and texture on the body of the 1st one look better. however, as mentioned by others, the differing colored wings really throws me off (couldnt even tell it was a dragon at first as opposed to a lizard) and i think by default the gold one is therefore the better dragon...

cinnamon n black one looks nicely done and the scales give it a more realistic look

The body fabric is different. The cinnamon has a reptile pattern while the gold is velvet. That would cause a difference on the pictures.

The more I look at them, the more I think I'd like the cinnamon better if the wings were the same color.

I like the gold! It stands out and is awesome!

Both of them are adorable, but I prefer the gold one, it seems more unified.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I went back to the shop today and the gold dragon has sold. I contacted the shop owner and she found some beautiful copper velvet. There's only enough for the body, but we settled on some metallic copper fabric for the wings, and green eyes. Her name will be Shula, just like the dragon in my story. :)

I really like the cinnamon and black one, I think it's adorable <3

Guys, my dragon has been sewn and is on the way! She sent me a couple of pictures last night, so I'll have an idea of what it looks like (all I'd seen before was the fabric), and I thought I'd share. :)

icm_fullxfull.135188890_9ewx0kvr5kgsw0sswww8.jpg

icm_fullxfull.139391205_ne3l3rc60is00ssc0k0c.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous? I can't wait to see her in person!

I prefer the gold one because I feel the black is a bit much against the other colour.

Back