• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Worst thing that ever happened to you in New Leaf

deleted my old town where i had tons of badges, catalog progress, museum progress, pwps unlocked, memories made and over 600 hours spent total

jitters moved in on top of my special stump garden the other day. also, a few months ago i met someone on the island named hitler, with the outfit and everything...:mad:

Honestly, resetting...

I had thought about it a lot at the time, and it is what I wanted in the moment... But looking back I wish I hadn't have done that. Not only because there was a bout 30m bells just sitting in the bank, but because I really liked the layout of that town a lot.

I had mainly reset because I stopped playing for about half a year and then when I came back my town was a mess in certain spots. Instead of just spending time to clean up the town and working to make it look like it once did, I just restarted... & when I get it into my head that I'm going to reset its hard to convince myself not to ngl lmao.

I would have to say my first loss. Pecan moved out unexpectedly and I was so heartbroken. It wasnt until a year later when I was able to obtain her in a new town I was working on and I was just elated! I've also lost Kiki as well, she was equally as important to me however obtaining your dream villagers has gotten a LOT easier since the creation of the amiibo cards :)

I had a blue rose garden UNTIL Hazel moved her house onto them. I cried. (no joke, i sobbed cuz it took months to grow one blue rose!)

I'd say trying to do the 16 villager cycle to get Roscoe back. He ninja moved and gave me his pic in the goodbye letter. Then I accidently lost a couple of other cool villagers trying to tt villagers I didn't like out faster. I now know how to keep my current villagers with tt so it taught me something useful.

It also stinks when you catch a rare fish on the island with friends, but then the connection dies. This seems to always happen whenever anyone finds a giant trevally. So much so that whenever someone catches this fish, we rush to play a tour to save the game. lol

Tom moving out was definitely the most heartbreaking thing :( the *one* time I accidentally time traveled (long story) is the time he had to move out. But, a year later I got his amiibo card and tomorrow he's moving back in :)

Other than getting voided villagers and the game taking up so much time of my life away (still think it's worth it!), nothing bad happened. :)

I time-traveled for DA updating purposes and lost my beloved Shep. I hacked him back in easy, but he didn't obviously remember any of our previous interactions. :(

Other than that, nothing terrible, just some house placements so terrible that they were hilarious.

Once I had a time traveling accident because I was changing the day but I guess my finger slipped onto the year and I ended up having to do a hellish amount of day-by-day traveling over 4 months to get back to the present, man that was prettyyy bad

I deleted my first town. As in, my town that was created on the 14th of June, 2013. It would have been cool to still have that town today, but I'm not so upset about it anymore because I remembered my mayor was a boy, and I named him Boris (as in, Boris Johnson who is the mayor of London). Keep in mind I was 12 at that time...

After deleting my first town, I kept starting new towns and then deleting them after a short time, I suppose because I felt hopeless and couldn't commit myself to another town after the loss of my first one. However, I have to say that this phase might be over. I am really happy with the town I have now; my mayor is a girl, named after myself, Egbert and Limberg are my villagers, giving me lots of Wild World nostalgia (I have this memory of Egbert where I gave him medicine when he was ill in my Wild World town, and he started saying that I'd saved his life and he was going to shout it from the rooftops; when I walked into his house I had a nostalgia attack, because it was exactly like how I remembered it; and Limberg was a villager in one of my other Wild World towns - I just remember being in his house and seeing that he had a reel-to-reel), Pinky is also a resident, which is like having a little piece of my GameCube town with me - I wonder what state that's in now; I haven't been on it since June/July - and my native fruits are apples, like my first town!

Hopefully I will have this town for ages! I have a good feeling! :)

One day I made a ton of progress on my museum and encyclopedia, but then I forgot to save :( it made me quit New Leaf for a few months.

I let two villagers move out, thinking that the ones that were going to move in were going to move into the now empty plots.... boyyyyyy was I wrong.

One of my old towns would no longer save. I could load it just fine. I couldn't save the game on my mayor, my other characters, or even with a new character. I tried to TT back a day, and it would crash. It crashed if I tried to TT forward.

I ended up deleting the town and taking a nice, long break after that. I had just gotten quite a few of my dreamies and had literally bought one with TBT the day before. He was plotted and everything.

I deleted my town that I was really enjoying designing trying to see how much it was worth. I didn't know that if your tree was small you couldn't see. I cried.

The moment when I open the door and about to get in to Re-tail, I hear a balloon noise.

This happens way too often when I play.

Let's see I lost penlope without knowing then Keaton without knowing....I loved them dearly but my towns spacing is much better :)

well two of my favorite villagers moved out of my town Skye and Bob. My mom's friend had Skye's amiibo card tho. I think of Bob sometimes i cry a little bit thinking about how one of the villagers who greeted me moved and I was obsessed with undertale at the time so yeah having Bob was like having a temmie in my town. My Mom reset her town because she hated her face in the game and she misses Agent S. Also Diva moving was not nice. There was this thing that every time I closed my 3DS my 3DS would turn of and set the time to new years day. I opened my game when it did that and Pashmina's house was gone I was almost upset as when Skye moved and I cried when that happend. So I set my time back and pashmina was back in the same spot. When I TT and I get letter from pietro with n gift I jump. Also when I completed my bug collection I didn't have a hole museum bug collection.

Worst thing that ever happened to me was when Tangy moved away (yes, that over Marshal moving away- he just moved into my brother's town). What did I do about her moving away? I cried. I cried for a whole 3 minutes ;-; RIP life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Doesn't that happen to all of us? ;-;

Back