• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager dilemma!

ayeeprill

The Hash Slinging Slasher
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7817-6240-7509
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
So I have all of my dreamies and I have for a little over a year now. I love them but I'm starting to get sick of some of them.

I just can't decide whether to give some up or not. I have all of their Amiibo cards so I can get them back, but I worked so hard to get them in the first place.

Phoebe and Flora are the main two I am considering giving up. There are several more villagers I'd love. Fauna, Blanche, Julian, Julia, Tia, Felicity...

It's just so hard! Anyone else ever have this issue?

I've never felt this as I've never gotten a town full of my dreamies. But I do see how you feel.
I think if I was in that situation I would switch them out, especially if I had the cards to get them back easily. (otherwise there would be no way I would switch them out.) Only thing I would be concerned about in that situation would be the friendship that I build up... I'm not sure if it's easy to bring it up as I've only just started focusing on that. ^^'
That's just what I think if I was in that situation. Honestly for me I hope I don't get to that point as I hardly have any of the cards and mos likely won't be able to get them back easily.

I've almost for sure decided I'm going to give up Phoebe and replace her with Fauna or Blanche. I have all the Uchi PWP and I need a change of pace.

Still undecided on Flora though.

I can kinda understand how you feel! Even though I've never had a town full of every animal I want, I think now it would be pretty impossible, because I feel like I would want new animals after enough time passes. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess it starts to feel a bit sluggish? samey? after a while. Unless it's an animal I will consider moving in via amiibo (aka someone I will be okay with staying for a LONG time) I like new move-ins. It feels refreshing :)

I guess my advice is try switching out one or two? You might feel a lot better with that bit of change and then you can decide from there? What helps for me is if I have their picture or if I feel as though I have bonded really close, though of course that varies with each person.

Oh man I'm having the same issue! I have literally all of my dreamies minus one but ugh I'm kind of bored of them now. Especially since most are lazy and smug so it's the same boring personalities in every conversation. But I love them all and as much as I want to change things up I'm also afraid I'll miss them too much if I let any of them go.

Switch them out! If you're getting tired of them it can be nice to have someone new in your town. I've been considering switching out a few of mine because even though I love them I kind of want more costumed villagers...

Definitely try out new villagers! I'm one of the crazy people who has 2 copies of the game, so I like to try out new ones in my second town before I decide if I want them in my main town.

I think you should definitely switch them out! I understand having a villager for such a long time gets boring, I know from experience from Diana, I'm completely sick of her now. But I think you should replace them with Julian and Julia, I think it'd be super cute to have their names so similar like that. It's probably a stupid idea but I just think it sounds super cute.

Also, since you have their amiibos, you might as well go for it, since you can just grab them back and make them 100% original again.

Back