• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villager visiting house glitch?

Fluffy Fox Of Fate

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Red Cosmos
So Lucky asked to come over for a visit right now and for some reason he stopped following me to the other rooms of my house. He followed me upstairs and to the basement just fine, but any of the other rooms he wouldn't follow me to, he just stayed in the main room. Luckily for me he left on his own, I've read that leaving the house before the villager is done can decrease friendship (or not give you any, I'm not sure which honestly) so I didn't want to do that.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Yeah, in my experience when they visit uninvited they will only stay in the main room for me. They only visit other rooms when they visit via conversation for me.

Basically for the univited, they come in, give me a gift, and leave soon after, without going into other rooms, and they won't follow you.

Yeah, in my experience when they visit uninvited they will only stay in the main room for me. They only visit other rooms when they visit via conversation for me.

Basically for the univited, they come in, give me a gift, and leave soon after, without going into other rooms, and they won't follow you.

He asked to come over though. I've actually never had a villager come over uninvited (probably because only now am I trying to gain friendship with them ^^'). He does have higher friendship with me (he has happy eyes when sitting on the bench with me) so maybe that's why he only stayed in the main room? I'm not sure about that though.

He asked to come over though. I've actually never had a villager come over uninvited (probably because only now am I trying to gain friendship with them ^^'). He does have higher friendship with me (he has happy eyes when sitting on the bench with me) so maybe that's why he only stayed in the main room? I'm not sure about that though.

Hmm never heard of that.... strange! Too get friendship easily, send letters with gifts! just keep in mind they will put these in their own house. Having a town full of best friends is pretty good. I get like 5-8 free items daily lol

Hmm never heard of that.... strange! Too get friendship easily, send letters with gifts! just keep in mind they will put these in their own house. Having a town full of best friends is pretty good. I get like 5-8 free items daily lol

I guess it was a strange glitch, or could be something with his friendship. I know for sure that out of my 9 villagers he has the highest friendship with me.

Also, thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to send more letters then! ^^

I can't stand the barge-in. I end up turning my game off without saving. I hate, hate, HATE it.
It's bad enough they spam my mailbox every day, making it impossible to grow my grass back.

I think after coming over a few times they don't follow for a tour. But if you just hang for a few minutes they'll ask to leave. I'll usually talk to them 3 times, and then sit and wait for them to say they've got to head off.

I think after coming over a few times they don't follow for a tour. But if you just hang for a few minutes they'll ask to leave. I'll usually talk to them 3 times, and then sit and wait for them to say they've got to head off.

Oh, that could be it, they've been asking to come over a lot lately. This morning they came over again and he wanted to see all of my rooms again like normal. Maybe it changed like that because they came over a lot in one week? (I'm not sure on that, I wasn't paying attention to the date. I've been Time Traveling a lot and talking to him every day so it's likely he came over a lot that week.)

Back