• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you meet your partner?

I keep wanting to post here but then decide against it because it seems to long and complicated

I actually met my partner through these forums, now we're engaged!

Just over 2 weeks until he flies over from Canada to the UK so we can spend over a month together again.

Despite not being as active as I used to be (I thank getting a job for that mainly) I am so thankful to these forums for blessing me with the best thing that's ever happened in my life.

Some of these posts are great hahaha I loved the stories!

I met the partner I have now on my first day of university. It was very clich? whilst also being anti-clich?...
I went all starry eyed thinking this is where I'd meet the love of my life (idealism... or not?)
I was moving stuff to my dorm room and dropped my books, he was walking past and kind of laughed and said 'do you need any help?' - I used to be quite serious and I told him I was fine, but then I walked about 5 steps more and dropped more books. Fortunately I have a good sense of self humiliation type of humour so I just rolled my eyes and 'ok now you can help!'
As I say, very cliche... he invited me for tea with his friends and I'm tea obsessed and he was beautiful so I pretty much fell in love on the spot. He has these wild energetic eyes... when I finally plucked up the courage to ask him out, I went to meet up with him and as I was about to ask him out, he introduced me to his partner. I had an outer body experience... we had spent an intense week together and he never told me he had a partner. We remained best friends for 4 years, and about 6 months ago he broke up with his partner because they did make him very happy and I did. We've been seeing each other ever since :3

Needless to say I'm extremely happy about this but it's been a hell of a journey to get here! Telling him I was still in love with him like once a year just because I didn't know how else to get over him than to be honest and hope we'd both get past it. I never even thought it was a possibility because after a certain amount of time, no matter how you feel, you give up because he had rejected me every time - he had given zero indication of any romantic interest... guess he hid it extremely well for a very long time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually met my partner through these forums, now we're engaged!

Just over 2 weeks until he flies over from Canada to the UK so we can spend over a month together again.

Despite not being as active as I used to be (I thank getting a job for that mainly) I am so thankful to these forums for blessing me with the best thing that's ever happened in my life.

This is so cute by the way! Where in the UK are you based? :D I'm Southampton! Used to be in Manchester until about a week ago when I moved! I'm the same though - not as active since starting work hahaha I miss when I used to be able to walk down the street and get 5 houses in my HHA in a single day... everyone was playing. Now I'm lucky if I ever get 1 :'(

This is so cute by the way! Where in the UK are you based? :D I'm Southampton! Used to be in Manchester until about a week ago when I moved! I'm the same though - not as active since starting work hahaha I miss when I used to be able to walk down the street and get 5 houses in my HHA in a single day... everyone was playing. Now I'm lucky if I ever get 1 :'(

Aw thankyou!! and I'm in Scotland!

I haven't met anyone yet, I'm super-super-super-super-duper selective and too busy with my studies anyways :,)

He was my waiter at Pizza Hut lmao

Back