• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How did you meet your partner?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
All these relationship threads are sweet so let's share some more stories. :)

we've known eachother online for 3 years on uhh google+ lol (we've both stopped using that website now) but we were really talking in november last year in a discord group and in our own chats and we started dating in march, we both agree that online dating is a huge disadvantage but we do our best and i'm very happy, we're also planning to meet and get engaged in april next year :)

the guy im with for now happened by my friend putting me on her snapchat story and a guy whos friends with her asked her for my sc so i added him and we started talking. he goes to the school two towns over we're planning to meet up at a chicken swap with my friends

i sent her a letter and then we just played splatoon and ssb4 together, and then during winter break she started having feelings for me, (i had feelings for her when i went the letter anyways) and then in march we just clicked :lemon:

At my previous job. It's not really sweet or exciting there.

Our first date was spent hanging out playing video games and watching anime though. It told me from day 1 that he was my kind of guy. :)

We met online from a website called Habbo. We worked at an agency on the site and joined a group chat on Kik. I eventually pmed him and that's when it all started. We've been dating for 8 months now :)

School. When I moved up here the first class I went into was art class, and the only open seat was at his table with his twin brother, and the other stoner kids. XD

I remember I met the girl I currently like through her ex-boyfriend (who just so happens to be a childhood friend w h o o p s). I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks, so that saddens me a helluva lot. But **** happens.

We met on another forum discussing our favorite ship/OTP. We got to talk to each other about anything. It was so easy to have a great conversation going; we talked every day. We were basically like two peas in a pod. It got to the point where people accused us of being a couple but we always denied it and used to joke afterwards how weird it'd be if we were together. It's one of those dynamics where you instantly understand each other.

Eventually after a year, I started to have feelings for him. Because of being across the US from each other, I didn't want to risk of our fantastic friendship and kept denying it to myself. To me, there was no way a long distance relationship would be possible, especially if we never officially met. Other girls had revealed having a crush on him and he'd politely reject them. I was content with us being good friends. After a while, he started to become much softer and affectionate to the point I started to think maybe he felt something.

One day, he revealed he developed feelings for me and that's how we got together. We decided to try out a long distance relationship promising each other we'd meet in person someday. Not long after, we talked via webcam, called each other, texted, sent letters & packages, you know how it goes. Three years later, we got to meet in person.

Meeting each other in person for the first time was surreal. Despite arriving early, other people and I missed our flight by a couple of minutes being held up in line. My luggage was on that plane. We all scrambled across the airport to find a flight that could take us. I ended up taking a flight to Chicago that would connect to Los Angeles. By the time I arrived in LA, it was after midnight. I was really concerned about losing my luggage so I raced to take care of that first at baggage claim. I've heard of horror stories of people's luggage getting stolen. My phone rang and the first thing I heard when picking it up was, "turn around". It was him, and we both started to laugh.

That started a trend of traveling back and forth to see each other once a year. Eventually, we got tired of spending so much to see each other and decided to live together after six years.

We'll be 11 years together in January. Despite being thousands of miles apart when we first got together, we constantly stayed in contact and grew up together. It's been an amazing time. He's incredibly understanding and supportive. We encourage each other & work together as a team. He's my best friend and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Hilariously, last month our favorite ship/OTP got to meet each other again. We plan on cosplaying them someday.

I met my partner freshman year, and I absolutely hated him. I thought he was stupid and made dumb jokes, we were in art class together and sat at the same table. During my freshman year I went into treatment and didn't come back to school until 4 months later. We started talking to each other and both started catching feelings for each other. Ever since, we've been together for 2+ years and now I'm happy I met him. He grounds me, takes care of me, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. I love him to death and apparently he had feelings for me ever since our freshman art class lol.

We met in high school during lunch lol

We didn’t start actually dating until after we graduated but now we’ve been together for 4 years so it worked out in the end

I am oh-so-single right now, but I think the story of how I met my last ex is still kind of cute all of these years later. Even though she is an ex, and that is that!

Back in high school marching band, in my junior year, a girl moved in from another state. She was in the same section as me, so we interacted. Eventually she found out I was obsessed with the bassoon and really wanted to play it (this is such ancient history that it was before I played the bassoon, yes). She told me that she had a sister back home who played the bassoon and that someday we really needed to meet.

In the summer before my senior year, her sister moved up here. We didn't get introduced for a long time. She was in marching band, too, but we didn't actually meet until the school year had started and we were in concert season together. I still didn't play the bassoon, but she did. I remember one day she let me hold hers, and it was the first time I ever got to hold a bassoon and I was happy, and we became BFFs. (Well, obviously, 'forever' doesn't count in the end... but, you know.).

We had 0% attraction to each other that entire year. Like literally 0%. lol. It wasn't until college. I had the courage to come out to her, the first person outside of my family I had ever trusted with that outside of online. She was the first person that ever accepted me and it was great. Around then attraction started to form. A few months later we decided to date. It was a happy time.

...But it is over, and I'm glad. I think a few years ago us getting more distant and distant from each other made her stop playing the bassoon because we were playing in the same orchestra and I feel very bad. I want her to go play again. But it's also possible that her interests have changed and she really doesn't care to play anymore and that's part of what helped me get over her. We're not the same people we were a decade ago.

The story of how I met my current 'crush' is a much stranger story, but it's just a crush, so... :( I wish upon a star it could ever become something more, because she makes me so happy.

Back