• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why am I being forced to hold on to this lost item?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So yesterday, I wasn't really on the game much but I found a lost item. I didn't ask around to see who it belonged to. Today, is the fishing tourney therefore I can't ask my villagers if they lost it, I can't bury it, I can't attach it to a letter so it will be out of my inventory, I can't put it in my storage, I can't put it on the ground and I can't sell it. Why am I being forced to hold on to this item that's taking up a spot in my inventory? Am I stuck with this until tomorrow?

Tomorrow it should turn into a neutral item.. you can still ask indoor animals though I think.

Of all the trivial things in this game... You're concerned about this?!

Come on. Just wait until the tourney is over, and find the villager it belongs to. Common sense! :p

You could always try resetting your town :)

Reset to the beginning or time travel?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tomorrow it should turn into a neutral item.. you can still ask indoor animals though I think.

Okay, I'll try that. But I can wait until tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What time does the fishing tourney end? Maybe after it's over you can ask villagers about it?

The fishing tourney ends at 6. I'll wait until the tourney is over then ask them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Of all the trivial things in this game... You're concerned about this?!

Come on. Just wait until the tourney is over, and find the villager it belongs to. Common sense! :p

Yes this is what I"m concerned about at the moment because I'm trying to fossil hunt and clean up my town a bit and an item I can't get rid of taking up a spot in my limited inventory is a bit irritating, but like people said, I can wait.

If it's a book you might want to hold on to it until it becomes dropabble and you can use it to decorate your town near a bench or hammock, looks very cute! :)
The mitten makes a cute decoration for winter, too!
If it's the bag I normally try to find the owner.

If it's a book you might want to hold on to it until it becomes dropabble and you can use it to decorate your town near a bench or hammock, looks very cute! :)
The mitten makes a cute decoration for winter, too!
If it's the bag I normally try to find the owner.

Hmm, good idea. I think I'll do that instead. It's the book and I think when I start working on my camping area, I'll put this book there. Thanks for the idea! Whoever lost this item isn't getting it back now. LOL

you could also throw it away if you have a trash can in your house or in your town

Hmm, good idea. I think I'll do that instead. It's the book and I think when I start working on my camping area, I'll put this book there. Thanks for the idea! Whoever lost this item isn't getting it back now. LOL

Well, finder's keepers, right? xD
I think it'll take 2 or 3 days until it becomes droppable, though, so you'll have to suffer with 1 less pocket space until there.

I never pick those up. What is the point? To receive yet another useless item from a villager that you will end up tossing out. Ignore the item. They vanish the next day if not picked up.

you could also throw it away if you have a trash can in your house or in your town

No trash cans anywhere. Well I did have a trash can at some point but gave it to Mac

Well, finder's keepers, right? xD
I think it'll take 2 or 3 days until it becomes droppable, though, so you'll have to suffer with 1 less pocket space until there.

Right! LOL
2 to 3 days. Hmm, I think I can handle it. I hope lol

I never pick those up. What is the point? To receive yet another useless item from a villager that you will end up tossing out. Ignore the item. They vanish the next day if not picked up.

They vanish after a while? Hmm....

Yep, you've got to wait a day. Then you can drop it, or trash it. I actually nab up books and bags and stuff cause I like them as decor. You can put them on the floor of your house and still walk over them, so I like putting the books on the floor of my libraries.

I use them in my house, especially the book, I had it in my beach theme.

Back