• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers you once liked but now hate?

sick of seeing marshal everywhere lmao

Me too. I mean, he's very cute, and I adore the smug personality type, but I don't get the whole thing with him being popular. He just looks like any normal squirrel to me.

Marina.
Just... UGH

So after watching the most bidded acnl villagers on YouTube, it inspired me to play. I went to the campsite and Marina was there. I was like ohmahGODDDDD I told her to move in and sold her weeks later because I can't stand normals. I regret sell engine her for only 150k now because I only realised she was tier one.

Most of them.

I have always loved Wolfgang, but NL has reduced him to a boring, repetitive sloth. :(

marshal, wolfgang, fang, lucky, goldie, cookie, sprinkle and so on
they are everywhere and when i first joined bell tree years ago i thought "oh they are popular they have to be good!" it's not like that. they just annoyed me and i felt like i had to like them cause everyone else did
just go for whatever villagers you want, don't bother with tier lists when it comes to choosing. nothing wrong with liking them but yknow, just think for yourself for and don't go with the crowds :)

Pudge. Don't know why, he just really annoys me haha

I'd have to say Phoebe. I thought she was the best uchi around (until I fell head over heels in love with Fuchsia). But after having her for so long always giving me medicine and seeming like the coolest villager ever, she moved away without ever pinging me. Even when I played every single day and talked to her and other villagers. No one told me and I was devastated.
So I don't HATE her but every time I see her I just get a bit sad. I was so upset she was gone for so long.

i'd say zell. i used to think he was pretty cool n stuff, but i don't really like him anymore. it's probably because he always wanted to leave my town (i finally just accepted it), but i randomly developed a distaste for him now.

Eugene. I liked him at first. He sold me TWO fake paintings, haha. Thankfully he is moving this week.

I don't hate him, but I became incredibly bored of Marshal after being on this site for awhile lol he was my first ever smug move-in and I kept him for a long time because I thought he was pretty cute, I was like "I'm not gonna let his popularity influence how I feel about him!!" but it eventually did :T He just got super played out for me.

again, don't hate them but I used to like Fang and Rudy a lot but got super bored of them as well 'cause I had them for so long. Recently let them move n don't miss them a bit. (and again, seeing their popularity made me gradually like them less idk why haha)

I liked Bettina a lot. I found her sweet in personality and appearance. Then my house got invaded by mice. It's hard to still like mice when you've had to lock away your food, can't sleep because of mice squeaking and having them wake you up by running through your hair. Then I hated her. No mice in my town.

I guess I was not exactly in that situation, yet. In my old town, I used to have Harry and I really liked him, but I wanted to trade him for a dream villager. One day he wanted to sell me a fake painting and I refused the purchase, he simply treated me badly and after that all the magic I felt for him disappeared and I made a point of getting him out of my town. lol

Last edited:
I liked Whitney for a short period of time because I thought her design looked really nice. After adopting her and having her in my town for a while, though, I came to find I couldn't stand the way her eyes were always looking off to the side and in my opinion she only looked cool if you talked to her in profile/from the side. What makes it worse is that in my rush to adopt her, I lost one of my dream villagers, Eugene. That worked out though, because he'd fit better in one of my other towns anyway. I don't "hate" Whitney now, I just don't like her design.

I feel like I liked Flurry for like a week, but then her design bugged me too much and now she's one of the worst villagers of them all as far as I'm concerned. Her lack of a nose is distracting.

Also, since I saw other posts about him, I didn't originally dislike Marshal, but his popularity really soured my opinion of him. That and his lack of a nose. Why is this a thing?

Tipper.

I'm kinda weird and think cows are cute, so I really wanted her to move in my town. Then when she did she somehow seemed worse than other snooty villagers. She was constantly insulting me and making backhanded compliments, so I grew to hate her pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Becky.

I saw her at the campsite and fell in love. She was my favorite animal in my favorite color. So I invited her to my town. She said yes (after a game of charades), so I was really happy...

...until she moved in RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE.

Also, Nate. He recently moved into my town, and he has the same name as my toxic ex boyfriend. Yikes.

Back