• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers you once liked but now hate?

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I know this question sounds maybe weird, however...Is there a villager you actually liked
but after a while start to hate for various reasons?

Not really, usually I will like a villager, and then continually start liking them more and more until I am completely obsessed and I start drawing them, talking about them, always finishing their requests, gifting them lots of perfect fruit and sending them loads of letters, using them as my avatar, nicknaming myself after them...

I'm talking about Kiki, I'm talking about Kiki... I used to have an obsession over her. Lol.

To answer the question though, I suppose I went off of Tangy over time, at first I found her super cute, but then I just kind of found her more and more average until I didn't really like her.

hate is a very strong word lol

In my very first town back in 2013, my two starter villagers Freckles and Ava moved out. I cried (no joke I cried, until I got used to my villagers moving out). Ava was like "Kayla omg I'm so sorry" and I was like "if you were sorry you wouldn't be doing this!!1!1" and Freckles did the same, so whenever I see freckles I'm like oh hey, it's Freckles. But I've started to dislike her and Ava ever since.

Pietro. I mean I like his colourful clown appearance because he didn't creep me out, but now he is just plain boring even though his house has some neat items you snag (I hate that you can't buy like cabana and balloon stuff etc. though) but now he's boring and just annoying me so I let him move out now.

I used to like Rasher. :/ I know, hard to believe, but he was a starter villager in Astoria and for a long time I didn't have amiibo. So there he was and I didn't even mind him at first. Then he gave me some of his Sloppy furniture and talked to me like we were buds... but then I got amiibo and sent him away because I liked the aesthetics of the others more. He sent me his pic as a goodbye present lol. Now I don't care for him at all, but I wouldn't say I hate him.

i have a hot and cold relationship with olivia. i love her a lot since the start, but when molly was here she was VERY mean to everyone. i think it was insecurity issues, but it made her unbearable to talk to. now that molly's gone, though, and deirdre's a new neighbor to separate her and tammy (who are at best indifferent to each other), olivia's been perfect

I used to be obsessed with apple but now I find her annoying

Personally, I tried so hard to get Julian to move into my town. He was my #1 dreamie, but when he moved in I realized he wasn't all that great.

I liked Bettina a lot until my grandmother whom I live with got dementia and a mouse plague simultaneously. She didn't want to do anything about the mice because mice are cute. So over the course of six months it got to the point where everything left out was eaten, I'd open my wardrobe and mice came out of my clothes and I couldn't get a good nights sleep because of mice squeaking non stop and twice they ran through my hair while I was on the pillow.

My Uncle stepped in when I heard I was going to move out, and I'm a lot firmer with my grandmother about certain issues now I know her mind is deteriorating so all is well. But it is hard to look at a mouse in your town after that experience, even a sweet little cartoon style one. She was sent packing pretty fast. I have a mouse free town now.

I actually really liked Erik a lot. Honestly, I still do and I don't hate him.. but I had him in my towns and received his picture so many times I kind of gotten sick of seeing his face.

Whenever I see him in dream towns (mostly forest towns) I actively avoid him. I see it as taking a long break to see other villagers for now lmao

Soleil. Personal vendetta because I got her auto voided, into the worse possible place, and she refused to move forever, EVEN talking to her each and everyday! =[

Francine.

She was one of my dreamies, and I got her in the campsite when I had a free slot. I was so happy! She moved into a great spot and everything was all well.

But then I didn't play for 1 week and she moved away.

Like, seriously? 1 week? She had barely been there for a month! I've hated her ever since and can't be bothered to cycle to get her back. Thankfully, Lucky moved in right where she left so I'm content for now. Hopefully my next snooty will actually decide to stay >:[

Last edited:
Francine.

She was one of my dreamies, and I got her in the campsite when I had a free slot. I was so happy! She moved into a great spot and everything was all well.

But then I didn't play for 1 week and she moved away.

Like, seriously? 1 week? She had barely been there for a month! I've hated her ever since and can't be bothered to cycle to get her back. Thankfully, Lucky moved in right where she left so I'm content for now. Hopefully my next snooty will actually decide to stay >:[

Yeah I hate how always the newest ones wants to move for some dumb RNG reason. Luckily I play p much daily so i can stop them but bruh you barely been there for a week stop asking

Merengue :( I still think she's cute, but normal personalities are so boring and I don't think it fits her as well as it does some of the other normal villagers.

I'm not sure I've ever gone from "like" all the way to "hate." But there were several villagers I was excited to have when planning my 3rd town, Harbor, that I actually found kind of boring and unsatisfying when I tried them out. The town was originally called Fallow, and I was going to have a peaceful countryside theme with sunset colors—yellow, orange, pink, white, etc. But Stella, Candi, and Goldie just didn't suit me at all in person. Something about the town felt forced and strange. I reset on a whim and made Harbor instead, a seaside town, and replaced pink with blue. Now I love my little third town and its residents.

I'm slowly starting to dislike all of them. They don't have the extensive dialogue they had in WW. I miss that..

i really loved marina and skye and flurry but normal villagers are boring tbh. theyre cute but thas all they got. also their houses are horrendous besides skye

I used to really like Rosie and I still have her in my town bc I used an amiibo card to get her but now that I have her in my town she's kinda annoying tbh.. I want her to leave lol

Back