• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever got a tan?

Sloom

sherb
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2591-2333-2046
Island
Comatose
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
It took me way to long to discover you could get a tan in ACNL, for years I just believed you could pick your skin colour, and it's kind of sad that you can't do it, I really don't get the issue with being able to pick that. I really think the next game should have more customisation, like new eyes, new hairstyles, new hair colours, skin tone picking, hair length, character height, ears, nose, eyebrows, face shape, freckles, eyelashes, hands?, character weight... Uhh... off topic.

But anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys have had a tan, and what level it was if you did. Also whether you tried to maintain it. I recently decided to get the highest level tan possible, and it made my character so adorable, unfortunately, it was way too hard to maintain, so after I very quickly lost it, I didn't bother getting it back again. Major props to anyone who puts the effort in to keep their tan though.

Last edited:
Yup, I've had a tan before. I forgot that you couldn't pick your skin color in ACNL when I got the game again so I was pretty disappointed. I made sure that when I had a high level tan, I took a picture in the ID booth lol

I love my mayor but sometimes I just don't feel like I'm actually her, you know??

but I didn't try hard to keep my tan. I read somewhere that when it rained, it would ruin your tain so the only time I had umbrellas was during the rain

- - - Post Merge - - -

dang I made a spelling error, not gonna fix it cause I need bells lmao

I had the highest tan level for weeks before tanning season ending. I didn't want to tan that much, but even though I used umbrellas as much as I could, it wasn't enough to keep the tan from getting darker.

Yup, I've had a tan before. I forgot that you couldn't pick your skin color in ACNL when I got the game again so I was pretty disappointed. I made sure that when I had a high level tan, I took a picture in the ID booth lol

I love my mayor but sometimes I just don't feel like I'm actually her, you know??

but I didn't try hard to keep my tan. I read somewhere that when it rained, it would ruin your tain so the only time I had umbrellas was during the rain

- - - Post Merge - - -

dang I made a spelling error, not gonna fix it cause I need bells lmao

Yeah, when I found out you could get a tan, I went wild all over wikis. I really wanted to give it a go, so I kind of sort of know the ins and outs of tanning now.

- No dresses, hats, umbrellas or long trousers.
- Rainy days will make your skin slightly lighter
- Staying indoors for a long time will make is slightly lighter
- Not playing or time travelling will make it variably lighter depending on how much you TT or don't play
- Playing at nighttime will also do it bad.

This is why I didn't bother to keep it lol. But yes, I did take a TPC picture too, because I think my mayor looked cuter like that, although I'm actually extremely pale irl lol.

When I was young, I was always lucky. When I was five, my mom asked me to give 6 numbers for the lottery. “8, 13, 27, 29, 30, 31” I said. Without any hesitation, my mom punched those numbers on the lottery ticket and hoped for the best. Later that night, my whole family was watching the lottery on the television.
“The winning numbers are 8!” The announcer said.
“Five more numbers and I’m a millionaire!” my mom said with a big smile on her face.
“13!” The announcer continued. My dad, who believed throughout his whole life that the lottery is rigged by politicians, suddenly looked towards the television. It was as if he knew that we were going to win.
“27!” We already have half of the winning numbers. My family wasn’t really that rich, so winning the lottery would be a big help.
“29!” Is it really going to happen? Are we really going to win ₱80,000,000?”
“30!” One more number! The least amount we could get now is ₱50,000. Getting 5 out of the 6 winning numbers is already a big achievement in itself. Even if we don’t win, getting 5 winning numbers was already a testament on how lucky I was.
It was as if God heard me and answered with a big “Okay”.
“32!” Silence filled the room. My dad slowly looked away from the television and started reading his book once again. The smile in my mom’s face quickly disappeared as she stood up and went to sleep. Meanwhile, I was still very proud of my achievement. 5 out of 6 was unbelievably good. The next day, I bragged to my classmates that I had an 83.33333% guess rate. Most of my classmates were like “Whoa, that’s amazing” but one classmate of mine asked “Then what happened to the other 16.66666%?”
That guy’s name was Calvin. Up until high school, he was considered as the “Shotgun King”. He would just shotgun any major test but still end up with a 100% grade. He was one of the few people in the world that were luckier than me. At age 11, he already won the 6/55 Grand Lotto four times, and he wasn’t only lucky with the lottery, he was lucky with everything. Five months ago, he won a 2017 Audi A3 Sedan. Three months ago, he won a Mercedes-Benz AMG 43, and about a week ago, he won a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. He won all these via raffle. There were a lot of doubts about his wins since not even the Philippine Air Force has an F-22.
I haven’t been participating in any more raffles since my mom said that I should focus on my studies. While walking to class, I saw this flyer that said about a raffle with the 1st prize of a Samsung Refrigerator. It was the perfect time to test out my luck skills, besides, my family would extremely benefit from a new refrigerator. While I was putting my raffle entries inside the drop box, someone patted my shoulder.
“Hey Kyle!” the guy said. It was Calvin.
“Hey Calvin, what’s up?” I said.
“You’re entering the raffle too?” He asked.
“Yeah man, it’s been a long time since I won something.” I answered.
“Well good luck.” He said. “I’m joining the raffle too, so the chances of you winning are slim.”
After two days, it was already raffle day. Despite what Calvin said, I was positive that I would win, so I sat in front, near where the results were going to be announced.
One by one, the results were slowly announced, starting from the 5th prize.
“The 5th prize goes to Earl Cayanan!”
“The 4th prize goes to Mary Ann Severino!”
“The 3rd prize goes to John Paul Melecio!”
“The 2nd prize goes to Harold Eugenio!”
Finally, it was the time for the 1st prize. In the corner of my eye, I suddenly saw Calvin talking to some security guards. I smell something fishy going on.
“And for the 1st prize, congratulations to Calvin Tolentino!”
Calvin quickly ran up the stage. I didn’t believe the results so I ran up to Calvin, but on the way, two security guards stopped me. I didn’t give up. I shouted: “I’m the real winner, not you! The whole raffle was rigged!” One security guard then grabbed his gun and smacked its base to my head. I passed out.
I then woke up in a hospital room with an old lady whom I’ve never met before, sitting beside me.
“So, do you want to beat Calvin?” She asked.
“What do you mean?” I asked in return.
“I can make you win the next major raffle.”
“How?” I quickly asked as I was interested.
“Well, the next raffle has a bottle made out of diamonds as its first prize. If sold, it could be as expensive as ₱850,000,000.”
“Okay so how do I win it?”
“Hold your horses, young boy, that’s not the real first prize. You shouldn’t win the bottle, but instead, go to the host right after the program has ended. He will give you the keys to the ‘Win All Raffles Robot’ or WARR for short.”
“The what?”
“Okay, this might sound crazy but there is a robot that can make you win all raffle you enter. It’s called the ‘Win All Raffles Robot’.”
“So how does it work?” I asked out of curiosity.
“No one knows, it was sent by God during the 1300’s. What I do know is that whoever has the WARR would never lose a raffle. Your friend Calvin was just really lucky, but with the WARR, you’d be more than lucky.”
“But how would I be sure that the host would give it to me?”
“Well, he is my son.”
“How is he your son?”
“I gave birth to him.”
Since this conversation seemed like it wouldn’t lead to anything useful anymore, I packed my things and left the hospital. Moments later, I saw a flyer that caught my eye.
“Win a 700-year-old Venetian Diamond Wine Bottle worth ₱850,000,000. All you have to do is enter the raffle to have a chance.”
Maybe this was the raffle the old lady was talking about. I quickly went to the raffle booth and entered.
“The raffle draw will be in an hour, sir.” The clerk said. “You can meanwhile sit in our Waiting Area.”
Inside the Waiting Area were chairs, tables, and a television showing a replay of the 2021 NBA Finals. It’s crazy how the Lakers won it in 6 games. Joel Embiid was such a beast for Philadelphia but they still weren’t able to pull it off.
After an hour, I left the waiting room and sat in the front row near the stage where the raffle will be drawn. Slowly, people started coming and the seats started to fill up.
It was time.
The host came out of the curtains and picked one raffle ticket in the spinning jar.
“The 5th prize which is a 1942 Zero Japanese fighter plane, goes to Erika Sanchez!”
“The 4th prize, which is an authentic piece of the Shroud of Turin, goes to Francois LeBourgeoisie!” I can’t believe the host mispronounced his name.
“The 3rd prize, which is the original copy of the Indian epic, the Ramayana, goes to Juan Tiu-Tres.”
“The 2nd prize, which is a legitimate metal shard from the 1947 Roswell UFO Crash goes to Zack Dimagiba.
“And finally, the event you’ve all been waiting for, the 1st prize which is a 700-year-old Venetian Diamond Wine Bottle goes to…Calvin Tolentino!”
“What?!” I shouted as I jumped off my seat.
Someone then suddenly patted my back. It was Calvin.
“It’s okay Kyle, you’ll get your chance.” Calvin said.
I was about to punch him in the face but I suddenly remembered that I never really intended to win the 1st prize, so before Calvin went to the stage to claim his prize, I told him: “Hey Calvin!”
“Yes Kyle?” He said with an intimidating smile to his face.
I moved closer to him, stared him in the eye, and softly said: “You may have won the bottle, but you haven’t won the WARR.”

Last edited:
I got one back on summer, I think it got to the hightest level too lol.
I'm really white IRL to the point I'm teased and asked whether I'm sick and such, so it's nice being able to tan in the game, since IRL it's impossible for me. x)
I liked the level 2 tan the best! She looked healthy :) It's all gone now though. ;v;

I got one back on summer, I think it got to the hightest level too lol.
I'm really white IRL to the point I'm teased and asked whether I'm sick and such, so it's nice being able to tan in the game, since IRL it's impossible for me. x)
I liked the level 2 tan the best! She looked healthy :) It's all gone now though. ;v;

It's really nice just making your virtual avatar like, 10 times hotter than yourself in real life lol. Pretty ego boosting. I'm really white, but luckily I'm never really teased about it, probably because I live in England where it's impossible to get a tan.

When I was young, I was always lucky. When I was five, my mom asked me to give 6 numbers for the lottery. “8, 13, 27, 29, 30, 31” I said. Without any hesitation, my mom punched those numbers on the lottery ticket and hoped for the best. Later that night, my whole family was watching the lottery on the television.
“Five more numbers and I’m a millionaire!” my mom said with a big smile on her face.
“13!” The announcer continued. My dad, who believed throughout his whole life that the lottery is rigged by politicians, suddenly looked towards the television. It was as if he knew that we were going to win.
“27!” We already have half of the winning numbers. My family wasn’t really that rich, so winning the lottery would be a big help.
“30!” One more number! The least amount we could get now is ₱50,000. Getting 5 out of the 6 winning numbers is already a big achievement in itself. Even if we don’t win, getting 5 winning numbers was already a testament on how lucky I was.
“32!” Silence filled the room. My dad slowly looked away from the television and started reading his book once again. The smile in my mom’s face quickly disappeared as she stood up and went to sleep. Meanwhile, I was still very proud of my achievement. 5 out of 6 was unbelievably good. The next day, I bragged to my classmates that I had an 83.33333% guess rate. Most of my classmates were like “Whoa, that’s amazing” but one classmate of mine asked “Then what happened to the other 16.66666%?”
That guy’s name was Calvin. Up until high school, he was considered as the “Shotgun King”. He would just shotgun any major test but still end up with a 100% grade. He was one of the few people in the world that were luckier than me. At age 11, he already won the 6/55 Grand Lotto four times, and he wasn’t only lucky with the lottery, he was lucky with everything. Five months ago, he won a 2017 Audi A3 Sedan. Three months ago, he won a Mercedes-Benz AMG 43, and about a week ago, he won a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. He won all these via raffle. There were a lot of doubts about his wins since not even the Philippine Air Force has an F-22.
I haven’t been participating in any more raffles since my mom said that I should focus on my studies. While walking to class, I saw this flyer that said about a raffle with the 1st prize of a Samsung Refrigerator. It was the perfect time to test out my luck skills, besides, my family would extremely benefit from a new refrigerator. While I was putting my raffle entries inside the drop box, someone patted my shoulder.
“Well good luck.” He said. “I’m joining the raffle too, so the chances of you winning are slim.”
After two days, it was already raffle day. Despite what Calvin said, I was positive that I would win, so I sat in front, near where the results were going to be announced.
Finally, it was the time for the 1st prize. In the corner of my eye, I suddenly saw Calvin talking to some security guards. I smell something fishy going on.
Calvin quickly ran up the stage. I didn’t believe the results so I ran up to Calvin, but on the way, two security guards stopped me. I didn’t give up. I shouted: “I’m the real winner, not you! The whole raffle was rigged!” One security guard then grabbed his gun and smacked its base to my head. I passed out.
I then woke up in a hospital room with an old lady whom I’ve never met before, sitting beside me.
“Well, the next raffle has a bottle made out of diamonds as its first prize. If sold, it could be as expensive as ₱850,000,000.”
“Hold your horses, young boy, that’s not the real first prize. You shouldn’t win the bottle, but instead, go to the host right after the program has ended. He will give you the keys to the ‘Win All Raffles Robot’ or WARR for short.”
“The what?”
“Okay, this might sound crazy but there is a robot that can make you win all raffle you enter. It’s called the ‘Win All Raffles Robot’.”
“No one knows, it was sent by God during the 1300’s. What I do know is that whoever has the WARR would never lose a raffle. Your friend Calvin was just really lucky, but with the WARR, you’d be more than lucky.”
“Well, he is my son.”
“How is he your son?”
“I gave birth to him.”
Since this conversation seemed like it wouldn’t lead to anything useful anymore, I packed my things and left the hospital. Moments later, I saw a flyer that caught my eye.
“Win a 700-year-old Venetian Diamond Wine Bottle worth ₱850,000,000. All you have to do is enter the raffle to have a chance.”
Maybe this was the raffle the old lady was talking about. I quickly went to the raffle booth and entered.
“The raffle draw will be in an hour, sir.” The clerk said. “You can meanwhile sit in our Waiting Area.”
Inside the Waiting Area were chairs, tables, and a television showing a replay of the 2021 NBA Finals. It’s crazy how the Lakers won it in 6 games. Joel Embiid was such a beast for Philadelphia but they still weren’t able to pull it off.
After an hour, I left the waiting room and sat in the front row near the stage where the raffle will be drawn. Slowly, people started coming and the seats started to fill up.
It was time.
The host came out of the curtains and picked one raffle ticket in the spinning jar.
“The 5th prize which is a 1942 Zero Japanese fighter plane, goes to Erika Sanchez!”
“The 4th prize, which is an authentic piece of the Shroud of Turin, goes to Francois LeBourgeoisie!” I can’t believe the host mispronounced his name.
“The 3rd prize, which is the original copy of the Indian epic, the Ramayana, goes to Juan Tiu-Tres.”
“The 2nd prize, which is a legitimate metal shard from the 1947 Roswell UFO Crash goes to Zack Dimagiba.
“And finally, the event you’ve all been waiting for, the 1st prize which is a 700-year-old Venetian Diamond Wine Bottle goes to…Calvin Tolentino!”
I was about to punch him in the face but I suddenly remembered that I never really intended to win the 1st prize, so before Calvin went to the stage to claim his prize, I told him: “Hey Calvin!”
I moved closer to him, stared him in the eye, and softly said: “You may have won the bottle, but you haven’t won the WARR.”

Last edited:
I accidentally got highest level tan. Wasn't hard, just play 5 minutes a day. If you afk for five minutes in the ocean on the island, you can maintain it.

I mainly got mine while pwp farming, so diving doesn't stop tan, you tan in the water. I also wore a dress the whole time. Items like the straw hats stop tan, but dresses do not.

“The what?”
“Well, he is my son.”
“How is he your son?”
“I gave birth to him.”
It was time.

Last edited:
Oh, that's strange, it said they affect tan on various wikis I used x.x. I pretty much just exposed as much skin as possible. It's also weird, I never managed to get a tan by accident in all the 4 years I played, but I suspect that I actually did and didn't realise. I'll probably be getting a tan soon since I'm also going to be PWP farming, lol.

Just keep in mind, you won't get a tan pwp farming, since tan season ended sept 15th. But if you tt in the summer months and pwp farm, you will get a tan. I have brown eyes on my character, and my tan was quite a bit darker than my eyes. In the winter to maintain tan, go to the island and afk for 5-10 minutes everyday. Just make sure to not wear a hat.

when it was tanning season i was all tan because i played every day and did a lot of diving

Yes, many times before.

I remember back in 2013 getting my first tan. My skin got very dark (maybe almost the highest tan level) because I was always at the island, and since I started playing in the summer, I was getting tanned in my own town as well. I hated it a lot. A girl there told me to take lots of medicine, and the tan went away :)

Now, I never get tans. I barely go to the island, and don't play much.

i got a tan on acnl last summer when i left my villager outside on the island or something for a bit. i didn't know this was a thing until like 2 days before when it happened to my friend and i was really thrown off by it.
irl i'm as pale as can be so the default skin tone isn't a problem for me, but it makes me upset how people with darker skin can't really maintain the darker tones in-game. at least you get to choose your skin tone in hhd. i assume and hope that they keep something like that in the next ac game.

I have had a tan before, around the first two years of playing the game, so it's been a long time ago. I
didn't know you could get a tan, so I was kinda surprised about it when I got it. However, I now always
wear a hat (mostly the straw hat) around the summer time to prevent getting it, since I don't really like
it to get a tan. I don't know, my character looks kinda weird with a tan.

In all my years of playing Animal Crossing, I've only gotten a mild tan once back in City Folk. I've tried to tan in New Leaf, but it doesn't work. I'm doing everything right, but nothing happens.

I was very tan in the first few weeks of playing because I went to the island a lot to collect flowers and fruit. Not so much now.

“The what?”
“Well, he is my son.”
“How is he your son?”
“I gave birth to him.”
It was time.

Last edited:
I've got the highest tan. You can tan all year long using the island or doing tours.
During the winter one of my extra players did some tours at 8pm on the island. She got the highest tan.

I leave a pair of shorts and a tank top on the island so all my players can use them.

I have a couple of times by accident. Only a few shades darker though. I wish it was easier to do, I can never seem to get it to work and it fades too fast. I hope the next game in the series lets us choose skin tones.

Back