• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

pink roses just wont breed?

Unfortunately, you have been given hacked roses. Make sure to try and remember who you bought them from, so as to make sure you don't get any more hacked flowers. Hacked flowers will always turn into white flowers, regardless of their colour.

Usually, the most popular gardening and hybrid shops in the Re-Tail section will be trustworthy, so I suggest you buy a couple of new pink roses from there, or try breeding your own, like Cascade suggested! They will definitely breed if you do that.

Your villagers can also be planting the white flowers and it's not from breeding. Hybrids do not 100% breed. You are limited to 5 a day max. And normally that's 2 a day I believe.

To maximise hybrid breeding, use the beautiful ordinance, bury fertilizer, and if you bury the fertilizer using a gold shovel, you can get 1 extra spawn chance. Do all this and you go from 2 hybrids a day, to 5 hybrids per day.

If you place a jacob's ladder in the middler of your breeding plot, it might also increase hybrid chances.

Some days I will still get 0 hybrids even by doing all this. Also try placing the flowers diagonally, so if you had four pink roses like this:

OOOOO
OOROO
ORJRO
OOROO
OOOOO

The Os are empty spots, the Rs are roses, and the J is a jacobs ladder.

A bigger farm would look like this

ORORO
ROROR
ORJRO
ROROR
ORORO

with perhaps a few more jacobs sprinkled around, but not too many, as they also take up possible spawn spots.

If you bred the roses yourself, then they are real, and you're just having bad luck right now!

I think I have a theory about pinks of any breed. You are more likely to get them from Red + White than Pink + Pink.

Sad to say it, but Pinks are very unstable flowers. I've had issues when breeding Pink Tulips, and even found one day that 6 non-hybrids spawned from my pinks - even when I separated them into pairs, used fertilizer with the golden shovel, and even Jacob's ladder next to each one.

So from all of that, I decided to breed them the old fashioned way of Red + White in a checkerboard layout - 20 at the minimum. Each day, I got 2-3 Pinks this way, compared to 0-2 blending Pink + Pink. Each way isn't so consistant, but that's what I've found out.

Pink hybrids never bothered me. I can breed them just fine with other pink hybrids.

Back