Should transgender children be allowed to transition?

?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I didn't even read the rest of this thread 'cause I'm too damn lazy but kids literally aren't allowed to (medically) transition until they're like 18 so imo you should really request a lock for this ignorant thread.

"Transitioning" as a child is literally just them changing their clothes/hair IF THEY WANT TO and that's it. When they're around puberty age they can be put on puberty blockers which are harmless and very reversible.

I never stated anything about what's legal though, I just asked your opinion

I also heard about this Idea from a trans person themselves, so I assumed it was all ok lmfao

Last edited:
if were talking about young children (say 4) then they definitely shouldnt :,>
at an age than young they dont understand the concept of gender well enough, whether queers kids stuff has educated them or not (im joking you see ... no kid should watch that)
however if theyre older then parents should respect the decision and allow their child to dress differently et cetera
at 18 plus theyre free to do what they want ... who cares <;

no and even more a no when its proven that a sexchange doesn't help anyone really since it is a mental thing
inb4 triggered replies ohno

wow wheres your stupid ass "proof" lmao that's a straight up lie

No. They are CHILDREN. I believe you should chose your sexuality or transition to a different gender once you become an adult. Let's be real here, people who are mostly LGBT are in like Junior High when they're 12-14. That's WAAY too young to decide your sexuality, and gender preference.

buddy being lgbt isnt a choice. how is it too young for kids to be lgbt when it's clearly not too early for them to have straight crushes and identify as their given gender
or do u think we should completely remove gender since obviously we cant let these young children be harmed by such a dangerous thing as a gender identity

Well it's different giving minor hormones etc. at young age and do a full transition just like that. Most aren't even ready that young (let alone a few cases and persons). As for the dysphoria issue, I think yes a lot of people(read parents and therapists) are ignorant as heckle and don't bother do understand... with that they should get better education and be taught how to deal with those people so people don't "lose" or whatever you point out there. On the other hand you should teach the kids it's acceptable to have those feelings and society as a whole needs to be turned around. I mean the best you can do is be there for them and for doctors and therapists to listen so they ARE prepared at later dates if they still want to do it. Like, force them to listen to you, and be serious with your parents/caretakers/relatives etc. I mean if they are a bunch of homophobes, well make sure to get help.
--

With this I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to express yourself, live out what gender you feel like, but yeah don't go treat yourself with shady stuff just because Internet (tm) is under your nose.

And I feel like a lot of older people/parents are uncomfortable and don't take their kids seriously and vice versa. And while it might be one factor to being suicidal, there are probably other reasons as well.
idk but the "it's ok to have those feelings" about dysphoria isnt ??? the ideal way to deal w it??? trans kids who suffer from dysphoria need emotional aupport and medical treatment with at least blockers so they arent forced to go through a puberty they dont want to go thru.
very very few people get on hormones early, i'm pretty sure many places don't even prescribe hormones until youre 16. idk exactly why they do that, i guess it's kinda abt the whole Are U Sure thing. the Living As The Opposite Sex For A Year (lmao) thing was still used in sweden last year, idk what it's like now since i stopped going to the clinic but i'm pretty sure it's still there if you want to get surgery.

it can be really damaging to go through puberty if u have a bunch of gender dysphoria because it usually just makes everything feel so much worse. thats why i 100% think that every trans kid should be allowed to get on blockers if they want to, obviously u cant b on them forever but it will give people more time to decide what to do and at least they dont get all the irreversible effects of puberty before theyre sure it's what they want hhh

n yeah it's super stupid and dangerous to self medicate with hormones.

Yeah or they act miffed because they are entitled to all privileges and stuff yeah then you are a ****.

And yes I have respect for that, I'm just saying don't be a dick person who thinks you have all the rights and act high and mighty because of it and sure I will give you respect back.
--

Back on topic, I don't think all of the people are "phasers" or such but really there are large differences between a 5 and a 10 year old kid so yeah be there and ask and support before you do anything. Small kids often play with everything and maybe just snap it up wherever. Explain to them as long as you can on their level what it is and if they are decisive enough when they are old enough to see therapist they can do that and talk to them. And obviously don't refuse them to like fix their hair, other clothes, bind their chest etc. if they are serious about it.
literally no one lets a five year old medically transition, theres not even anything that can be done at that age....
Yeah, I've heard some horror stories about "trans" 3 and 4 year olds lmao
If they're above a certain age, you should respect their decision, whether they'll change their mind on it or not

or you could try not being transphobic and accept people no matter what their age is. so what if it's a phase, just accept them and dont call it a horror story. it's never okay to be like "uh no u are This Gender" to someone else, no matter how old they are. i thought you made this thread about medical transition..??

Absolutely not. Had I been given the opportunity to become a girl when I was 10, I probably would've said yes. Now? No way.

wow because everyone definitely has the same experience as you and transitioning can be done in the blink of an eye........ also 10 is usually too young to do anything.

if were talking about young children (say 4) then they definitely shouldnt :,>
at an age than young they dont understand the concept of gender well enough, whether queers kids stuff has educated them or not (im joking you see ... no kid should watch that)
however if theyre older then parents should respect the decision and allow their child to dress differently et cetera
at 18 plus theyre free to do what they want ... who cares <;

theres not even anything you can do to medically transition as a four year old why is this even brought up

wow wheres your stupid ass "proof" lmao that's a straight up lie

buddy being lgbt isnt a choice. how is it too young for kids to be lgbt when it's clearly not too early for them to have straight crushes and identify as their given gender
or do u think we should completely remove gender since obviously we cant let these young children be harmed by such a dangerous thing as a gender identity

idk but the "it's ok to have those feelings" about dysphoria isnt ??? the ideal way to deal w it??? trans kids who suffer from dysphoria need emotional aupport and medical treatment with at least blockers so they arent forced to go through a puberty they dont want to go thru.
very very few people get on hormones early, i'm pretty sure many places don't even prescribe hormones until youre 16. idk exactly why they do that, i guess it's kinda abt the whole Are U Sure thing. the Living As The Opposite Sex For A Year (lmao) thing was still used in sweden last year, idk what it's like now since i stopped going to the clinic but i'm pretty sure it's still there if you want to get surgery.

it can be really damaging to go through puberty if u have a bunch of gender dysphoria because it usually just makes everything feel so much worse. thats why i 100% think that every trans kid should be allowed to get on blockers if they want to, obviously u cant b on them forever but it will give people more time to decide what to do and at least they dont get all the irreversible effects of puberty before theyre sure it's what they want hhh

n yeah it's super stupid and dangerous to self medicate with hormones.

literally no one lets a five year old medically transition, theres not even anything that can be done at that age....

or you could try not being transphobic and accept people no matter what their age is. so what if it's a phase, just accept them and dont call it a horror story. it's never okay to be like "uh no u are This Gender" to someone else, no matter how old they are. i thought you made this thread about medical transition..??

wow because everyone definitely has the same experience as you and transitioning can be done in the blink of an eye........ also 10 is usually too young to do anything.

theres not even anything you can do to medically transition as a four year old why is this even brought up

where ?? did i say ?? medically ??
i dont understand why everyone gets upset so easily ... i know firsthand about the struggles&problems of being transgendered but you can explain things nicely at least ... were all friends here

also replying to this since its Important

my best friend is NB and was DFAB. theyve been trying to transition (no medical stuff as for now) by wearing a binder, cutting their hair short and requesting people use their chosen name and pronouns, but people just keep telling them that they dont know what theyre doing or its just a phase or just dont care and use their deadname anyway (they specifically asked their parents to. they still call them their daughter and use their deadname) however their six year old brother siply replied "okay!" and has never once called them their deadname or misgendered them since.

i genuinely think that if children are allowed to express themselves / know that not everyone is the gender they were assigned at birth or only attracted to people of the opposite gender than them, then the child will be much more accepting to people. if children are allowed to express themselves, it means that lgbtphobia in schools especially will be less common, and people will be much happier with themselves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

well i mean if the op is refering to surgery then its illegal under 18 anyway lmao?? surgery that you chose to do you have to be 18 to decide ???

youe friend's parents suck, i hope your friend has other people around them that arent transphobic.
i really agree with the kids being allowed to express themselves thing !! if something isn't actually dangerous, super inapropriate or damaging or w/e theres no reason to not let ur child express themselves in whatever way they want.
sadly there are kids with parents who have taught their kids to be unaccepting of stuff but i think that it's something that can be worked on because really small kids don't actually have those opinions, they're just repeating what theyve heard from other people. small kids can be really really easy to influence so if this (not being a bully) was worked on at daycares and schools i think that would help a lot fjdjsjsk

where ?? did i say ?? medically ??
i dont understand why everyone gets upset so easily ... i know firsthand about the struggles&problems of being transgendered but you can explain things nicely at least ... were all friends here

thats what the thread is about but you can explain what you meant if you want to. socially transitioning can be done at any time, sure it can be a bit weird to explain that you're going back to old pronouns and names if you realize that you're cis but it's not like it's the end of the world.

- - - Post Merge - - -

you can prove your point but you dont have to be so rude about it.

they dont have to be super transphobic. ?\_(ツ)_/?

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's the problem with this manufactured outrage
smh
idk i think it sucks when people spread misinformation to be transphobic and then end it all w a "lol u will b triggerd xxxDDD"

they dont have to be super transphobic. ?\_(ツ)_/?

from what i've seen, you've NEVER had a civil disagreement with anyone. you just shout out "sexist, transphobe, misogynist!" whenever someone has a different view point or just be flat out rude. i hardly take you seriously anymore but being nice is good :lemon:

from what i've seen, you've NEVER had a civil disagreement with anyone. you just shout out "sexist, transphobe, misogynist!" whenever someone has a different view point or just be flat out rude. i hardly take you seriously anymore but being nice is good :lemon:

I'd like to see someone argue with facts instead of just typing loads of "?????" and saying everyone is super transphobic but uh....

Yeah, it honestly makes me thing negatively towards these people if they act so defensive without considering that not everyone is out to get them.

If you make an innocent mistake, you're more likely to be slaughtered than educated tbh... it's sad

I'd like to see someone argue with facts instead of just typing loads of "?????" and saying everyone is super transphobic but uh....

you're absolutely right. it's creating an issue that wasn't even there in the first place
edit: i swear to god, in another thread they just called someone passive aggressive. lol... way to prove a point bud it's so hypocritical

Last edited:
If you make an innocent mistake, you're more likely to be slaughtered than educated tbh... it's sad

this is very true ... unless the person is being intentionally harmful to a transgendered person, we should always look to explain things calmly rather than scramble for as many insults as possible......

also PLEASE stop using these terms such as " transphobic " SO lightly! its disrespecting the people who have gone through actual transphobic experiences ... you dont just scream " transphobe " because you dont share the same opinion as someone ...

some people make the lgbt plus community look terrible

where do you want me to get facts about if children should be allowed to transition. this thread is about opinions and i've written mine based on my own experiences and what i've heard from others. saying that transition doesnt help anyone is a lie and i didnt think that it would be so hard for you to hear that and maybe google it if you doubt me or at least ask questions instead of screaming about the down with cis bus running you over

this is very true ... unless the person is being intentionally harmful to a transgendered person, we should always look to explain things calmly rather than scramble for as many insults as possible......

also PLEASE stop using these terms such as " transphobic " SO lightly! its disrespecting the people who have gone through actual transphobic experiences ... you dont just scream " transphobe " because you dont share the same opinion as someone ...

some people make the lgbt plus community look terrible

didnt i only call the person who said that thing abt medically transition never helping transphobic lol relax. that thing might not seem bad and i guess i read more into it than you all did because to me that sounded like a "trans people are crazy and theres no such thing as trans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back