• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite console of all time?

Honestly, that's a really hard question for me. There's been so many great video games across lots of consoles.

I guess if I had to choose one, it would probably be PS1. Resident Evil 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, the start of the Dance Dance Revolution series... I could keep going. But I also have a lot of nostalgia for SNES and Sega Genesis too.

Probably gameboy advance (before micro lol) since it had a nice variety of games and you could play all the old gb/c/a stuff on them as well up til micro.

Definitely SNES for me. I've got the most nostalgia for the NES but it can't compare to the SNES when it comes to great games.

I was too poor to really get into gaming as a kid, so haven't owned too many consoles. However, at the conceptual level the switch has honestly floored me. My eyesight sucks so it's graphics (which I'd be a fool to ignore are pretty bad framerate and load in wise) don't bother me. I love playing it on the go and in my home. I travel a lot so its super helpful, the hellish 11 hour flights I once dreaded have been made much easier. Time will tell if they can back it up with games and truly hit a home run.

The systems online is awful though, I'll admit that too lol. I'd say the switch just suits me personally and what I want out of a more fun social gaming experience. The switch pro controller is also my favorite controller of all time. It just needs a headphone jack to be a perfect controller.

I also need to mention the ps4/ps3. The ps4/ps3... to be perfectly frank I feel they may as well be the same system, a ps4 is literally just a souped up ps3. However, the ps3/ps4 are very solid systems. Their online is great, the games run well and the ui is easy to navigate. I didn't pick it over the switch despite having probably full years worth of gametime played on my ps4... because it's lacking a certain charm. The ps4 is a very functional system, and in many ways better than the switch.... but it lacks charm and to an extent an identity as a unique games system. Kinda, poor mans pc kinda deal lol.

Oh and another shout out to the old phat ds. It might have been a mess that broke easily because of its terrible design, but goddamn did I LOVE That thing. My nintendog may as well have been a real dog. Not to mention WW, which to be honest, my town probably sucked, but I loveeeddddd it so much. I was a pretty antisocial kid, it was a great outlet to have lol.

Weird question. I've had so many different systems. I enjoyed them all immensely. I'd probably go with Nintendo 64 though. So many classics and so many memories.

I like my Xbox controller but the console seriously has a huge overheating issue
Right now I’d probably say the switch because there are so many ways to use the controllers and I like having the option to take it with me.

Last edited:
The Dreamcast had my favourite selection of games, but I didn't really like the hardware. The GameCube is probably my favourite looking console.

As for handhelds, I loved the Gameboy Advance + the awesome games. ;)

My favorite console of all time has to be... the Playstation 2. The reason for this was because it was the first console that really got me hooked into gaming. A lot of the money I spent as a kid were games for this console. I wouldn't have been introduced to certain game series like: the .hack series, the Wild Arms series, the Suikoden series, and the Persona series if it weren't for the Playstation 2. There were more of them, but I can't think of them at the moment. So... I am pretty grateful to this console to this day.

GameCube. It probably has the most nostalgic games for me. Though PS3 would be a nice second.

Back