• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your daily routine and play time?

Allure

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Hello! Three questions, friends!
1) What is your daily routine?
2) How long does it take you?
3) How long do you play total in a day?

I'm just curious, guys, so if you would humor me that would be great! Thanks in advance, love you guys!

Last edited:
It all depends for me. I have 3 towns to take care of. I usually play in the morning though.
-read mail, receive presents.
-talk to villagers, receive more presents, do their tasks.
-check for hybrids (if any)
-go to the stores in town, buy all of the stuff I don't have catalogued.
-go to re-tail, sell everything I don't want.

I repeat that three times, lol. I have a second 3DS now, so now if I need signatures, I just fire up one of them and open one of my town's gates to collect them.

I don't play ACNL anymore, but assuming I still did...

Hit money rocks, dig fossils, chat to random villagers, go shopping to fill catalogue. With the Welcome Amiibo update, have a little look through the MEOW points, but I've not played much since then.

Half an hour, maybe.

A few hours.

Check mail, sell beetles from the night before, check initiatives and do what I can in the morning, check my shops and campground, scan an amiibo card for the meow coupons, pay on my home loan, check turnip prices, work in cafe, do a beetle grab on the island, water the flowers I'm trying to hybrid - repeat each day lol

I break my play time up in about 30 min chunks over 2-3 hours for the entire day. If I'm working on a pro design this will add more time tho

First, go around town and dig up any flowers I don't want that may have spawned (or that villagers placed). Then search for fossils or gyroids if it rained before. While I'm doing that I try to talk to all of my villagers at least once or twice and do their requests if possible (stop asking me to catch you a really rare hard to get fish you jerks). After I'm done with that I go up to main street and check out all the stores, maybe buy some letters if I want to write anything that day. And since I'm currently re-landscaping my town I'll go put up a new pwp or take down an old one. Then I just go hang out with villagers and do some more of their requests or work on landscaping or call it day if I don't want to play much that day. It's just kind of a random routine that depends on how I'm feeling that day :p

Not really sure, maybe an hour or less?

About 2-3 hours in chunks, depends on if I work on landscaping, time travel, and/or go beetle hunting that night.

Get fortune told downstairs in my basement by my Lovely Phone

If it is a money fortune, look for money rock and hit it 8 times.

If not above, walk around and wait for villagers to ping me in case someone wants to move out. This step is regardless of what fortune was told.

If no one wants to move out, walk around and wait for a PWP ping.

Talk to Olivia with two Floral Knit Tees in my pockets until she has the thinking emote hoping she would buy or trade with me so she can finally stop wearing that hideous green shirt with a yellow duck on it.

(I must have sent Olivia 8 Floral Knit Tees in the span of two weeks hoping everyday that she would change her shirt. Out of all the villagers I have sent two of their original shirts to put on, she is the only one this didn't work for! She just won't change her shirt! Also not to mention that my letters that contained said shirt were very short with something along the lines of: wear this shirt yo
And what does she do? Olivia sends me a response letter telling me my initial letter was very short and is STILL wearing that green duck shirt.)

Ugh

(I must have sent Olivia 8 Floral Knit Tees in the span of two weeks hoping everyday that she would change her shirt. Out of all the villagers I have sent two of their original shirts to put on, she is the only one this didn't work for! She just won't change her shirt! Also not to mention that my letters that contained said shirt were very short with something along the lines of: wear this shirt yo
And what does she do? Olivia sends me a response letter telling me my initial letter was very short and is STILL wearing that green duck shirt.)

Ugh

Sorry Livy (My nickname for her. I give all of my villagers nicknames lol) is being difficult! I hope she sees sense soon! My Livvy is wearing Airy Tee!

I've been playing since the release so I don't need to do a lot of things now.

1. Check the mail and use the lovely phone. I never speak to the villager until I get the first ping. While waiting for the ping I hit the rocks, dig up gyroids, check retail for premium/turnip prices and sell items. Once I get the ping I check on the villagers outside and in the houses. Do all their task. Stop by the clothing store to talk to all of the ladies. Buy a piece of clothing and a item from Labelle.
Drop by the store and buy an item from Leif and some paper. Check the campsite to see what is for sale. Buy anything that I think the villagers can use and drop some of those pieces to get redone at retail.

2. An hour of playtime. Sometimes if I get an early moving ping I'll stop for the night.
3. In game time is 4 to 5 pm. Real time it's 8 to 9pm

I have other towns but they are frozen in time for now. Right now I'm busy playing other games.
Once I do get back playing I have a new town that I need to add 10 villagers. For new towns I like to get the summer bugs out of the way before starting on PWP and planting a lot of trees/flowers. When I play more than one town I play for about 5 to 7 hours.

i usually do these things when i play everyday;
- check mail & receive presents if i get any!
- change outfit! (ik this doesn't serve much purpose, but i like dressing up n my character looks cute in anything lmao)
- sort through storage n inventory
- make a trip down to retail to sell the unwanted items of the day/island loot from the day before (otherwise i'll just mail it to some unlucky villager in hopes of getting something better back as a gift lol)
- do villager tasks!
- participate in events if there are any.
- check shops and campground; buy stuff
- haircuts/contacts at shampoodle (occasionally)
- water flowers, plant trees n bushes
- expand paths; reorganize house; replace path qrs according to season, etc etc

i do alooooot of things omg. usually this all takes about 30m-1 hour everyday. and usually if im not too lazy i'll get up n play again at night to catch beetles. :D

Back