What's your opinion on Super Mario Sunshine?

Sunshine is my favorite Mario game. Sure, the voice acting is really bad, and sure, the pachinko level exists, but if you just give it a chance, it'll be a hell of an experience! The music is top notch, the atmosphere is amazing, the FLUDDless levels are a nice change of pace, it's just so good. If you only take one thing away from this comment, let it be known that Sunshine is a great game that needs more love. 10/10, would play again.

I love it! It's one of(if not, THE) all time favorite Mario games!

As someone who hasn't played many of the main series Mario games, I played Super Mario Sunshine to completion and enjoyed it. I don't hold any particular affection for it but it wasn't bad for the most part.

I gave it a chance because when I was growing up I had played Super Mario 64 a few times and enjoyed it. I missed out on the original, famous Mario games because while we had an NES and SNES, I paid more attention to the Sega Genesis and its games and never bothered to try the old Marios. While the F.L.U.D.D. mechanic was definitely different from what I had been expecting after 64, it was intriguing in its own way and I liked exploring Isle Delfino. Overall, I'd probably still take it over something like New Super Mario Bros. U since, not having much experience with the older titles, I'm pretty bad at that sort of platforming.

All this said, I'm more of a fan of the side games for the Mario series. The older Mario Party games, Mario Kart, and some of the Mario sports games have been a lot of fun. I probably should give the Galaxy games and Odyssey a try in the future though.

Back