• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your opinion on Super Mario Sunshine?

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4286-3167-7315
Tasty Cake
It's one of my favorite games ever and it most people either love or hate it. What do you think?

Oh heck yes I loved that back then on the game cube.
I still have my original game cube but my super Mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, and super Mario strikers are all scratched so I cant play them anymore ;-;

The nostalgia is real

I think it's pretty overrated. My biggest gripe with the game is that it lacks variety between the levels and that both characters and music are very forgettable. The secret stages are awesome though and saves the game.

Way better than SM64, even though I'm not the biggest fan of open world/3d Mario games.

Last edited:
It’s the best 3D Mario game as of now. I liked their puzzling missions, as well as these FLUDD-less stages.

One of my favorite games for the Game Cube and in general. Even if I must confess that I was
never able to finished this game. Back when I was younger, I played it almost every day, but one
day, I stuck in at one place and didn't know what to do to go further. Since I didn't found a solution
for my problem and also didn't had a Game Cube anymore, I couldn't play the game till the end. That's
now a little bit more then 10 years now. Maybe one day I will get the chance to play this game again
and then finally beat it.

But yeah, it's really a beautiful game, which I always enjoyed it playing it.

Idk how you can't hate it... It's so perfect... I can talk more about it later :)

I really like it! It's quite 'harsh' though, I would say. Looking at you, Yoshi pipe on random island!

Sunshine is the best Mario game of all time, no question. The levels, the tight controls, the overall FUN of it. Totino/Totino, easily.

It can never beat the majesty of Super Mario 64.
No one's asking it too :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh heck yes I loved that back then on the game cube.
I still have my original game cube but my super Mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, and super Mario strikers are all scratched so I cant play them anymore ;-;

The nostalgia is real
Woaaah can't believe someone else plays strikers! I totally wish they put that on 3ds instead of Actual soccer with arbitrary special stuff

Mario is good but not that great

It's Miyamoto (no "H") and yes, he's been smoking weird stuff lately, I remember on an expo he put on a woman's blonde wig and did this dancing on the stage, really disgusting...

I liked it at the time and have a lot of nostalgia for just hangs mg out in the game. Love the music and the setting.

I try not to think about those maddening, frustrating levels.

I didn't complete it.

I never owned a gamecube. I only played it once when they had a gamecube in the hotel we were staying at.
I didn't really 'get' it. Or at least I didn't really understand the controls of it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never owned a gamecube. I only played it once when they had a gamecube in the hotel we were staying at.
I didn't really 'get' it. Or at least I didn't really understand the controls of it.

I've never played it but it looks fun. I've actually always wanted to play it since it's so similar to super mario 64

It's been years since I played it, but from memory I enjoyed it. I do plan on replaying it sometime within the next year or two, so possibly my thoughts on it will change between now and then, but it was a really enjoyable game. I'm holding out for a sequel or a remake but as they days go on I feel less and less confident it in. Heck, I'd even take a port on the eShop.

Personally I have always loved it...even if I haaaated a few of the platforming areas

Strikers was a really clutch game! ngl, I thought I was like the only one who liked it until it got some press on here

sunshine is meh to me tbh.... I much prefer galaxy for gameplay, SM64 for the nostalgia, and TTYD for best overall mario game ever (even though its a different genre)

Last edited:
I love this game. It was always so fun to combine the hover nozzle with flipping wall jumps to see how high of a platform I could get on in the different levels. The timed red coin challenges are insane though. It is really the only place I lose my lives.

Back