"Gaming Journal" And Gaming Completion...Anybody else do it?

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
I am the player who does as much as the game can offer.
Etrian Odyssey? All dragons slayed and everyone at max level.
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons? Rich, married, I got kids.
Rune Factory? Beat the game, highest level, married with kidos.
Disgaea? Okay, no. Ain't nobody got time to get at least 10 characters to level 9999 and max out stats. Everybody's just got ridiculosly high stats and level.
Animal Crossing? Isabelle is proud of me.

You get the picture by now.
I also do this thing where I will sketch out a drawing+write about today's gaming adventures. Example with Story Of Seasons:
What a day! All my turnips in the left field were ready for picking and my cow wouldn't go inside at 5pm! Wayne actually dropped by this morning with some crackers and had them with milk from Nilla. I also had to go to Tsuyukusa and get lunch, since I already had a few deliveries to make, going there for lunch was easiest. In Westown I picked up some more flower seeds from Lisette and began planting.

Does anybody else do the gaming summary? Does anybody else also have a gaming checklist, where you check off finished games?

Well, for me, I find it challanging to just beat the game on like, easy mode, without collecting anything.
Not that I can't play games on harder settings (I have with some games), it's that I never get around to finishing them.
So my list is just of games I've actually finished, ones I want to finish, and notes on any extras I got.
That's about it, yup.

For a moment, I thought I was reading a topic involving how skilled should journalism be at video games, with the infamous video of a senior Polygon staff hilariously failing at the first few levels of Cuphead.

Off-topic time's over now. While I don't do any sort of gaming journal, I happen to track my progress in games with Backloggery. My goal is to simply finish as many games as I possibly can while still enjoying to at least a certain extent. Since I own so many unbeaten games and many completion bonuses aren't usually worth the effort, I rarely see the appeal of 100% a game. I do mark my games as "Completed" when I'm pretty much guaranteed that I'll never bother completing these games, even if I didn't technically beat the game.

I'm a trophy hunter. I aim for 100% completion and all achievements when I play a video game.

I'm currently working slowly through the post-game of Final Fantasy XIII. I do a couple hours of grinding CP and gil per week - mainly by farming Adaman(tor)toises.

I don't keep a journal per se, though I do take notes about things for some games. I do try to get 100% completion for as many games I play as possible. The only exception to that is when things start to feel too tedious and not worth my time. My game backlog is huge enough that I don't need to be spending hundreds of hours grinding levels or money or something like that when I'm not having fun anymore. I'll do it if I'm having fun, but if I'm not, I'll stop.

Back