• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Flowers simply disappear?

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
A friend of mine has a little problem with her flowers.

Since a certain time, single flowers in her town simply disappear. She use the beautiful town
ordinance the whole time, as she can't play the game every day and doesn't want to lose all
flowers. However, here and there flowers disappeared. She didn't run or pick them up, she also
didn't had any visitors. She is very annoyed by this, as she has to replace everytime now the
lost flowers with new ones. And even after she replaced them, in a other spot of her town
flowers are missing again.

Does anybody has this problem too? Is it a glitch or something? Can something like this happen
when you have too much flowers in the town? Since I never had a problem like this before, I
can't really help her and so I hope that maybe someone here have a solution for this problem.

That is kind of odd, any chance she accidentally ran them over? That's all I can think of.

Are the flowers dandelions?

Dandelions disappear naturally in the game as a part of their process. However, anything else doesn't unless she ran over them, someone took them, etc.
So, I don't know except to say that she should really make sure she isn't overlooking people messing with her town or perhaps forgetting where some were/weren't?

Last edited:
That is kind of odd, any chance she accidentally ran them over? That's all I can think of.
Well, even if she said to me that she's always careful and only run on the ways she made, never on the
spots where the flowers are... It could be that she maybe accidentally ran them over. However, according
to her, some flowers also disappeared in the time she didn't play, even when she had the beautiful town
ordinance activ. :/

Are the flowers dandelions?
I asked her, she said that she only has typical flowers like roses, pansies etc. in her town.

So, I don't know except to say that she should really make sure she isn't overlooking people messing with her town or perhaps forgetting where some were/weren't?
She didn't had any visitors for like two or three month, the last time flowers are missing
was a few days ago. I will ask her again later if the flowers maybe appear in a other spot
in her town, as she wasn't sure about that yesterday when she explained me the problem.

Last edited:
I've never seen this before.
I suggest that she runs an experiment to see if her flowers disappear:

Place some regular flowers and hybrids in a memorable spot. Make sure you don't mess with them or have visitors over. Don't water or take care of them, because that defeats the point of a beautiful town anyway. Have a look in a few days if the flowers are gone. The only reason I can possibly think of is that she's forgetting where her flowers are, so unless they're already very linear and obvious to spot their disappearance, it'd be a good idea to try this.

My flowers disappear too and no one believed me either!!!

I posted something like a few months ago and got the same responses. "You ran over them", "are they weeds?", "someone stole them", "prove it" etc....
I feel her pain!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's the dandelions. Either that or the game is bugged.

Last edited:
I have often wondered where the villagers get the flowers they plant randomly around town. I also have seen evidence of flowers that have disappeared (or been moved). Anyone else think it may be the villagers who pick and move them? Yes, I know this sounds the weirdest of all the suggestions!

I have often wondered where the villagers get the flowers they plant randomly around town. I also have seen evidence of flowers that have disappeared (or been moved). Anyone else think it may be the villagers who pick and move them? Yes, I know this sounds the weirdest of all the suggestions!

I think they move them too.

I've played the game since acww days & occasionally I've seen posts where players said flowers disappeared.
I can't remember having experienced this myself in previous games, I may well have done, but very low key.

I've experienced the same in this game - an occasional flower just not there & as mine line the paths its fairly obvious there is a gap.
I know when I run over one, so its not that, & I don't have visitors, so its sort of inexplicable. Its never been hybrids, and its occasional and low key, so I sort of ignore it. I put it down to I've missed a wilted flower, (I'm on bell boom, so water flowers) but... well I don't know.

Hence not surprised by the post, but no advice really. Maybe a low % of flowers will just go, possibly if you have a large number of flowers in the town, - and the game probably puts me in this category.

Maybe it's just a glitch. I don't think villagers can move them, and other obvious ways didn't happen either, so I dunno.

This would drive me crazy! I would take pictures of my town, all over. Then if she thinks some flowers are missing, she can compare it to the pictures.

How many 'empty' spots does your friend have? does she use paths? if theres not enough spawn points for fossils, perhaps the game eats flowers

How many 'empty' spots does your friend have? does she use paths?
if theres not enough spawn points for fossils, perhaps the game eats flowers
I'm not really sure, if she use paths, but according to her, she has enough spots in her town,
where no flowers are.

-----
Thank you to all first for your help. She told me that she will now try to place the flowers in
different spots and also change the ordinance for a while, since she has now more time to play.
I guess she will now see, if some flowers still disappeared after the changes she will make in
the next days.

i have the same problem!! if it's that they move them then that's wow and makes sense, but i have flowers disappear for no reason before, too, and i don't know how to stop it i water them all every day and have the beautiful town ordinance

Back